2022 NFL Thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Burrow had a couple of huge games late in the regular season against Baltimore and KC, but, IMO, he was nothing special in the playoffs (and Cincinnati's point & yard production in the playoffs reflected as much). That's carried over into this season.

If Burrow is as good as he's said to be, with those weapons, the Bengals should be putting up 25-30 PPG.

Yeah those weapons need to run better routes too.

I only watched about one quarter of the game, but in that time I saw Jackson miss two wide open touchdown passes. He’s supposed to be elite? I don’t see it.

His mechanics are not anything with which you'd make an instructional video. Mahomes is similar that way, but they get it done with stellar athletic ability. I recall a season or so ago reading somewhere that the way to beat Jackson is make him stay in the pocket and throw from there.

Last edited:
Yeah those weapons need to run better routes too.

Well, I think it still goes back to their O-line woes. As mentioned above their run game is entirely predictable, leading too often to "third and hard." Then, since the D knows the O-line is not good, the DB's can cover tighter in the early part of the routes, and throwing the ball sooner is not possible. By the time the receivers can gain any separation, the rush has either sacked Burrow or have him running for his life.

Exactly - OL was not the problem last night. Burrow had time and has leveled off. Even completions are not accurate and the word is out - if they line up under center its a run as Burrow either can't or won't do play action, and at the goal line Taylor thinks you get points for trick plays. The reverse and shuttle pass on their second to last drive where they got no points was the game. The Taylor contract extension was a killer that is going to slow the franchise for years because the Brown family refuses to fire anyone.
I agree with some of the things u say but not about the OL. They stink. Cinci overhauled it and yet it's still terrible. It will be a miracle if Burrow is upright at the end of the year.

Well, I think it still goes back to their O-line woes. As mentioned above their run game is entirely predictable, leading too often to "third and hard." Then, since the D knows the O-line is not good, the DB's can cover tighter in the early part of the routes, and throwing the ball sooner is not possible. By the time the receivers can gain any separation, the rush has either sacked Burrow or have him running for his life.

So circle it back to coaching as well for play design. Their line is god awful for sure which is a major issue. That said Burrow has been a disappointment none the less. Too often people blame the Cowboys OL for when Dak has been bad yet.. he is full of flaws. That is with admission the vaunted Cowboys OL has been overrated for a couple years now as well.

Carolina HAS to sign him.

They’d have Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen
The “you don’t pick a RB that high” people really got themselves in a lather, but I’m thrilled we took Barkley and not one of those scrubs.

Had a mini day off yesterday waiting for Raiders to be destroyed tonight but that roughing the passer call against Brady in 4Q gives credence to #NFLrigged

The “you don’t pick a RB that high” people really got themselves in a lather, but I’m thrilled we took Barkley and not one of those scrubs.
Question though, would you rather have Lamar plus the 1st round pick used for Jones, or Jones & Barkley?

Question though, would you rather have Lamar plus the 1st round pick used for Jones, or Jones & Barkley?

Easy answer would be give me Lamar….,or Josh Allen.

But looking into more, I think that’s a TBD. Lamar is obviously a great player but I am intrigued to see where Jones is after some time in the same offense with the same coaches - when those are actually good offenses and coaches, and also when he actually gets some really good WRs to work with.

Guy had different coaches every year, an awful system, with no Line or WRs and there’s probably not a QB in the league who would’ve succeeded in that situation, let alone a young one.

Another thing - hindsight says Lamar should’ve been one of the first picks that year, but at the time he wasn’t considered that highly.

So if it was really between Darnold/Rosen….or take Barkley and get the QB next year…..then I’m happy with Barkley/Jones.

Hopefully that pans out….Jones has the strong arm, accuracy, mobility, and toughness…he’s becoming much better at playing smart the last few weeks. If he can keep progressing, I think he can develop into a very solid QB.

What’s up with Brady kicking people when they tackle him?

He should pay a hefty fine. This violent thug needs to control his temper out there, there’s no place for people like him in professional sports.

Bengals should be 4-1 minimum.

They’ve got 10-7 and miss the playoffs on a tie breaker while having return to the Super Bowl talent, written all over them.

Both SB teams seem unlikely to make the playoffs

So circle it back to coaching as well for play design. Their line is god awful for sure which is a major issue. That said Burrow has been a disappointment none the less. Too often people blame the Cowboys OL for when Dak has been bad yet.. he is full of flaws. That is with admission the vaunted Cowboys OL has been overrated for a couple years now as well.

OL not good?

Kellen Moore, "I got you fam. I will make the passing game all routes that make Dak hold the ball for 7 seconds."

Bengals should be 4-1 minimum.

They’ve got 10-7 and miss the playoffs on a tie breaker while having return to the Super Bowl talent, written all over them.

Not sure Bengals finish above .500 unless the coaching staff figures it out. They still have to play

@Tenneesee
Kansas City
Cleveland (with Watson)
@Tampa Bay
@New England
Buffalo
Baltimore

They have the talent to win any of those games, but yeah the coaching staff is really holding them back.

OL not good?

Kellen Moore, "I got you fam. I will make the passing game all routes that make Dak hold the ball for 7 seconds."

Still issues at LG. RT is better but it's been rough. Then add in Tyron Smith always injured and the struggles at C at times too.

Now that isn't excusing Moore who seems to be way too hot and cold with play calling but OL over past few years has taken major steps backward.

Raiders with a real nice first half so far!

Breece Hall is looking like a solid pick so far having been taken early in the second round by the NYJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom