2022 USMNT Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Not bringing in John Brooks for the Mexico and Costa Rica games was a mistake.

There's a lot of things that need to go wrong for the USA to miss out on the WC. Biggest thing is they must win at home vs Panama.

More proof that Berhalter doesn't have the "IT Factor" that leading coaches have. Who the hell tells the opponent the lineup a day before the game? Why tell them, "We're playing our B team"? What does that tell the guys who you DO pick tonight? When you tell players you are playing for a draw, they play down to expectations.

More proof that Berhalter doesn't have the "IT Factor" that leading coaches have. Who the hell tells the opponent the lineup a day before the game? Why tell them, "We're playing our B team"? What does that tell the guys who you DO pick tonight? When you tell players you are playing for a draw, they play down to expectations.

I mean the Panama match matters way more than this Mexico match but what an idiot for saying this out loud.

I mean the Panama match matters way more than this Mexico match but what an idiot for saying this out loud.

Yes exactly. GGG is not wrong in his approach but I don't like how it comes off. It's pretty obvious he's a great recruiter of dual-nats and the players like him but man he's just so underwhelming.

imagine after he said he was to go all in and mexico was not prepared for it. not really getting why it matters what he says to us.. it matters what he has said to the team.. maybe he said guys we are gonna get in their heads saying we plan on the B team when inside we know we are playing to win.

North Macedonia defeats Italy 1-0 in 92nd minute. Italy fails to qualify. Not even Macedonia - North Macedonia.

They changed their name to North Macedonia in 2019.

Wow. Really surprised this go around. Someone check in on Forza?
Italy should have beaten Switzerland last year and qualified.
The Italian who missed that PK to beat Switzerland has to feel real bad.

Italy would have had a hard time beating Portugal on the road next match though.

US hopefully can get a result tonight.

(1) You never tell your team you're playing for a draw.

(2). You never tell your opponent what your overall approach to the game is going to be beforehand. Let them find out when you turn in the lineup card.

(1) You never tell your team you're playing for a draw.

(2). You never tell your opponent what your overall approach to the game is going to be beforehand. Let them find out when you turn in the lineup card.
The fix was in

No joke that was probably the best the Us has ever looked at Azteca.

We were the better team. Just didn’t finish the Pulisic, Pefok or Musah chances.

Also Berhalter managed really well with subs.

That was a great effort.

No joke that was probably the best the Us has ever looked at Azteca.

We were the better team. Just didn’t finish the Pulisic, Pefok or Musah chances.

Also Berhalter managed really well with subs.

That was a great effort.

Defensively, outside a couple muffs and Lozano we gave them nothing. Great discipline all around. Also, glad Steffen was out there. His service is so much better and actually is a legit pressure release.

Panama result was really good for us as well. Get 3 points from them and find something vs CR.

Missed the game because I don’t have Paramount + (and don’t know if there’s an alternative).

A national team game relegated to a streaming service should be illegal.

Crappy that US Soccer’s broadcast “partner” fecks fans like this.

Missed the game because I don’t have Paramount + (and don’t know if there’s an alternative).

A national team game relegated to a streaming service should be illegal.

Crappy that US Soccer’s broadcast “partner” fecks fans like this.

Weird- I had it on Hulu and not through Paramount...

Weird- I had it on Hulu and not through Paramount...
Thanks, I didn’t think to look on Hulu because everything I read said Paramount +.

(and my wife is the primary Hulu viewer in our household; I only use it for random NHL games)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom