2022 USMNT Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Thanks, I didn’t think to look on Hulu because everything I read said Paramount +.

(and my wife is the primary Hulu viewer in our household; I only use it for random NHL games)

Yeah I start with Hulu because of CBSSN and FS1, FS2. Paramount is annoying. I have it through Amazon but the sports don't come through Amazon.

it was on about 5 channels on my directv it was the other games i watched on Paramount..

One thing that is clear in these games is the yellow card issue is all over the place.. you see the exact same play in games and ones a card and one isnt.. in this place it costs the US a player for next game and Panama it doesnt. we are down 2 more players now for an important game.

canada being down to 10 players all game and then hitting the pipe several times trying to tie it up didnt help us either.

Mexico it seems like it's on a downswing. I didn't see much of the fire or danger they have created in the past.

I can't believe I'm saying this but assuming Cannon doesn't test out of COVID protocols and they don't call in another RB, they need to run with a 3-5-2 with Paul Arriola at RWB I think.

My XI:
Steffen
Zimmerman, M. Robinson, Palmer-Brown (one of the most in-form CB's right now at club level)
Arriola, de la Torre, Adams, Reyna, A. Robinson
Pepi Pulisic

Mexico it seems like it's on a downswing. I didn't see much of the fire or danger they have created in the past.

I can't believe I'm saying this but assuming Cannon doesn't test out of COVID protocols and they don't call in another RB, they need to run with a 3-5-2 with Paul Arriola at RWB I think.

My XI:
Steffen
Zimmerman, M. Robinson, Palmer-Brown (one of the most in-form CB's right now at club level)
Arriola, de la Torre, Adams, Reyna, A. Robinson
Pepi Pulisic
Shaq Moore likely will start At RB.

We should be fine defensively as Adams is playing amazingly for the USMNT.

We just need to finish one of these multiple chances we can generate.
Beat Panama and then don’t lose 4-0 at CR we are fine.

Yedlin’s yellow could have been avoided it was just a reckless challenge he could been smarter.

Miles yellow was legit he stopped a Mexico chance but a smart foul.

That #4 for Mexico should have gotten a second yellow for a dumb foul but the ref in the second half put the yellows away except when that Mexico striker dove really stupidly.

Mexcio’s pleas for penalties was sad both challenges in the box weren’t close to PK and they wanted them both.

Berhalter’s subs last night were all on the money. He subbed like for like and kept everyone as fresh as he could.
When Reyna did that move tbru like 6 Mexican defenders it was awesome.

US was the better team last night.

I thought Moore didn't get called in? I must have missed that.

What does Scally have to do to get a start?

What does Scally have to do to get a start?

He's played probably the most/best minutes of any RB this season. For whatever reason GGG is not a fan. I think it's incredibly stupid because Scally can play LB in a pinch as well.

You can't build trust with a coach if he never calls you in...

He's played probably the most/best minutes of any RB this season. For whatever reason GGG is not a fan. I think it's incredibly stupid because Scally can play LB in a pinch as well.

You can't build trust with a coach if he never calls you in...

Leading into the roster decisions, Scally had barely played in ~3 months for 'gladbach after a brutal run of form heading into the holidays. He recently got a start due to a red card, played well enough for a second cameo, but played himself back to the bench.

I get he had a hot start to his professional career, but I'm not sure the 'most/best minutes of any RB' is remotely close to reality.

He's still 19 in the Bundesliga though, not a bad spot to be as a professional.

Edit: I'm gonna add, this isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world. He was brought in as a long-term prospect for BM, he got thrown into the fire before they ever expected he would need to be due to injuries, and he responded well. But unfortunately, he's going through the growing pains of a teenager playing in one of the most high-pressure stages in the world. He'll be fine in the long-run, but I don't think his exclusion was an error and it was probably wise he's not being considered for the national team at the moment.

Last edited:
Leading into the roster decisions, Scally had barely played in ~3 months for 'gladbach after a brutal run of form heading into the holidays. He recently got a start due to a red card, played well enough for a second cameo, but played himself back to the bench.

I get he had a hot start to his professional career, but I'm not sure the 'most/best minutes of any RB' is remotely close to reality.

He's still 19 in the Bundesliga though, not a bad spot to be as a professional.

Edit: I'm gonna add, this isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world. He was brought in as a long-term prospect for BM, he got thrown into the fire before they ever expected he would need to be due to injuries, and he responded well. But unfortunately, he's going through the growing pains of a teenager playing in one of the most high-pressure stages in the world. He'll be fine in the long-run, but I don't think his exclusion was an error and it was probably wise he's not being considered for the national team at the moment.

I just meant IMO in comparison to Cannon (played a lot at CB this year) and Yedlin (back in MLS) I thought his club season so far is deserving of callups to camps even if he doesn't play in games.

So where do things stand if we drop tonight's match. Must win vs CR?

Because for some reason I just seeing tonight being a dog fight.

So where do things stand if we drop tonight's match. Must win vs CR?

Because for some reason I just seeing tonight being a dog fight.

Game is Sunday but looking at the table. Even if US lost and CR wins, I still think US finishes top 4 with a draw. But 4th means a playoff.

Winning vs Panama should secure direct qualification.

A USA win and Costa Rica draw tomorrow night means the US wouldn't finish worse than 3rd and it would make the final game at CR meaningless.

if the US wins and Mexico were to lose tomorrow the US would also be 3 up on them with a huge goal differential and they would have the same thing vs CR by winning as well

Even 2 draws probably gets them in. It would knock put Panama with a draw and 2 draws would beat CR with goal differential but is that the first tie breaker?

its not gimme that CR beats El Salv either there were very luck to beat Can given Can played with 10 much of the game and still dominated most of the match

Would be nice to secure 3rd place tonight and play backups in Costa Rica.

Can anyone give a coherent explanation as to why Paul Arriola is starting tonight? Why is Reyna not starting? Are the two linked? Reyna still not ready for 90 and therefore likely to come in for Arriola?

Or is Berhalter just a bit nuts and still favors MLS players too much?

With Canada officially clinching today and losing its chance to go without a single loss last Wednesday, I don't think the US can count on Canada even getting a draw against Panama next game.
Canada has also clinched a tie for first in points and I think they would have all the tie-breakers.

Can see Canada playing a lesser lineup against Panama in game 14.
Or is there some incentive I am overlooking?

If US beats or ties Panama tonight its not an issue, but if they don't it would make their final game must win I think.

Clear penalty for Us should be coming here.
Zimmerman was tackled.

How is this one match not on paramount Plus
All home matches the US Soccer controls TV rights.
The road matches are controlled by those federations which sell them to the highest bidder aka Paramount.
Home matches are given to Fox or ESPN for visibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom