2022 USMNT Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

A dominating win from the U20’s in the CONCACAF tourney. Back to the Olympics in 2024. I just hope we have a great run in this next WC.

A little bit of talent in that family.

Also exciting news today that there’s a good chance Tyler Adams is going to join Brenden Aaronson and Jesse Marsch at Leeds. America’s Prem Team now

Been quiet here.

Very nice start to club season for Josh Sargent and Jordan Pefok at the forward spot.

Aaronson and Adams flying high at Leeds. Call-ups for final camp will be interesting. If we're going on form at striker I would go Sargent, Pefok, and Ferreira.

Steffen and Horvath starting regularly. Lots of exciting things happening.

Been quiet here.

Very nice start to club season for Josh Sargent and Jordan Pefok at the forward spot.

Aaronson and Adams flying high at Leeds. Call-ups for final camp will be interesting. If we're going on form at striker I would go Sargent, Pefok, and Ferreira.

On the downside Pulisic needs to get out of east London, Reyna and McKinnie need to get on the field, Dest needs to get out of Spain

Been quiet here.

Well, I was clearly wrong about how much of an impact the young Americans are able to have for Leeds. Aaronson and Tyler are playing phenomenal vs. Chelsea.

Well, I was clearly wrong about how much of an impact the young Americans are able to have for Leeds. Aaronson and Tyler are playing phenomenal vs. Chelsea.
Their work rate is unreal. There’s no way they can’t both be in the first starting 11 in Qatar if they stay fit.

Re: Tyler- It’s funny to see how many really good young players are getting mined from the Bundesliga and making a huge impact over the first couple PL weekends while people in England constantly trash the league.

Their work rate is unreal. There’s no way they can’t both be in the first starting 11 in Qatar if they stay fit.

Re: Tyler- It’s funny to see how many really good young players are getting mined from the Bundesliga and making a huge impact over the first couple PL weekends while people in England constantly trash the league.

With Weah being injured now for like a month and missing the next callup...IMO the front six is:

MF: Adams McKennie Musah.
FW: Pulisic CF Aaronson.

Reyna and Weah off the bench or start if there's some rotation and they're healthy.

Saw a great nickname for Adams… N’golo Yanke.

I think Adams is more athletic and has a better pass then Kante… but Kante is best in class at reading the game.

Saw a great nickname for Adams… N’golo Yanke.

I think Adams is more athletic and has a better pass then Kante… but Kante is best in class at reading the game.

Kante (when healthy) has an amazing motor. It's like he has a turbo button on a video game, the way he can break up attacks and sweep up loose balls. Adams reads the game well and is indeed a good passer.

But Kante's offensive game has gotten much better than you give him credit for. It's just that he has a lot of miles on him, and at 31, this is the 3rd year in a row he's had muscle injuries.

I would sell him and Jorginho, to be honest. They're both on the wrong side of 30, and there is still a market of $30M for Jorgi to Italy, and maybe $40M for Kante to Madrid.

Chelsea still have Kovacic, who is really underrated (currently injured), Loftus Cheek, Conor Gallagher. They could try out Trevor Chalobah or Reece James in a holding midfield role, or use that big new kid that they just signed, Chukuweuh (or whatever it is). And of course the long-term plan is to sign Declan Rice next year from West Ham (who are off to a dreadful start ...).

Of course Mason Mount and Pulisic could play in midfield, too, and you shift some guys around.

I think that Tuchel is excellent tactically from game to game. But it's 2 years now, and he still doesn't have his best formation figured out.

What are people's thoughts when it comes to who is starting in November? I'm talking current form vs past performance.

Examples. Sergino Dest is not currently playing at all for Barca. Do you still start him? Do you bring a consistent starter like Joe Scally in and hope he performs better than he did during summer?

Goalie should be interesting. For me (I played GK through HS) it's a form position. Turner is not starting so I would start Steffen or Horvath.

Liverpool not the same without Mane. The trio of Salah Firmino and Mane, the sum was greater than the parts. Salah needs a "running" mate. Mane made Firminos and Salahs passes better than they were. The missing piece will doom Liverpool in the long run. In the mean time.....go get em Leeds and Jesse Marsch

Liverpool not the same without Mane. The trio of Salah Firmino and Mane, the sum was greater than the parts. Salah needs a "running" mate. Mane made Firminos and Salahs passes better than they were. The missing piece will doom Liverpool in the long run. In the mean time...go get em Leeds and Jesse Marsch

I disagree. They have more weapons now, and really good pressers of the ball. They have young, hungry guys up top to reinvigorate the attack.

Diego Jota is hurt right now, and is a terrific player. He already had moved Firmino to the bench last season.

Then they added first Luis Diaz last January, and then this summer Darwin Nunez, who gives them a target man, but not a lumbering one; he's got pace and is quick to win the ball back.

Those 3 guys plus Salah (who seems happier now that Mane is gone ...) give them a better attack. Just wait and see. They've probably got 70-80 goals among those 4 guys this year.

Can someone explain why Jordan Pefok is not in the 26 man group brought in for this round of matches? He seems to be in great form. Don’t we need a true #9 striker? What is Berhalter thinking?

Can someone explain why Jordan Pefok is not in the 26 man group brought in for this round of matches? He seems to be in great form. Don’t we need a true #9 striker? What is Berhalter thinking?
My two cents... he's thinking that Pefok is too one dimensional for what he needs from a striker. In the few times I've seen Pefok, he seems slow and cumbersome, kinda like Emile Heskey without any of the athleticism... and this was against conca-crap opponents. I don't think anything he does translates to world cup level competition. Pefok has caught a hot streak but when it's over I don't think he's playable.

Ferraro, Sargent and Pepe are much more along the lines of triple-g is looking for from a striker... can link up, press, and score goals. Of course I don't think their stuff translates to World Cup level either, but they seem to have more potential than Pefok and more ways to contribute.

The other theory I've heard is this is Pepe's last chance and if he does nothing this time around Pefok is in.

Yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense.

interesting game tomorrow with all the injuries.. Decent money bet if they can win.

This is a poop show of epic proportions.

Japan is playing us off the pitch and they aren't particularly good. US keeps giving them the ball in the US half because they insist on playing out of the back when Japan is clearly geared up to stop that.

Per usual the US gets almost zero shots off and when they do the shot is nowhere near the goal because their strikers stink.

I think the players are a part of the issue... but the real issue is this strategy of how to play makes no sense and they do nothing to change it.

I see 1 draw and 2 losses in the group stage if things don't change.

This is a poop show of epic proportions.

Japan is playing us off the pitch and they aren't particularly good. US keeps giving them the ball in the US half because they insist on playing out of the back when Japan is clearly geared up to stop that.

Per usual the US gets almost zero shots off and when they do the shot is nowhere near the goal because their strikers stink.

I think the players are a part of the issue... but the real issue is this strategy of how to play makes no sense and they do nothing to change it.

I see 1 draw and 2 losses in the group stage if things don't change.
At halftime they gave a stat that US turned the ball over 28 times in their defensive third in the first 45 minutes. And, not almost zero, but absolutely ZERO shots on goal. How Ferriera missed that header so badly......
Very frustrating game to watch. It is hard to imagine them getting out of their pool. Your prediction of one draw and two losses seems reasonable to me. I can imagine England shredding our defense for four or five goals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom