2022 USMNT Thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Everton is being sued and might get relegated right?

TBH if parity means any team can win the league then there is no parity. Man City might not lose a match with Haaland added to the rest of their already ridiculous squad. Who knows who else they will add

Liverpool will get better but they are also getting older at the same time. I don't think Mo Salah is the same Mo Salah of three years ago.

Who else is there? Chelsea will probably get worse this offseason. ManU is a joke, Newcastle on Saudi side will need a few more years to upgrade the talent. No one else is even close from a money perspective.

I'm optimistic about Chelsea (of course) because of the Dodgers' guy being chosen to be the new owner. They always pay for quality talent, they renovated Chavez Ravine, and they are always competitive. That's all I ask for from my owner.

is Djordje Mihailovic an option that might get some run.. scoring at a good rate for Montreal.. Interesting story on ESPN about him getting back into the picture.

is Djordje Mihailovic an option that might get some run.. scoring at a good rate for Montreal.. Interesting story on ESPN about him getting back into the picture.

Assuming we take 4 wings/attacking midfielders, he'd have to jump one of Pulisic, Weah, Reyna, or Aaronson. A big task!

well he got hurt before he even got there so that story didnt go so well for him.

USA was +money on my site 2 days ago vs moraccoa now gone to -100

Nice showing in the friendly today vs Morocco who was dominant in qualifying.

Pulisic was top class. Good stuff from Weah and good to see Haji get some run and a goal on that Pk

Nice showing in the friendly today vs Morocco who was dominant in qualifying.

Pulisic was top class. Good stuff from Weah and good to see Haji get some run and a goal on that Pk
Looked sharp until subs came in. Little loose marking in back third . Morocco had some good chances. Turner was rock solid though.

Haji got into some good spots, too bad he doesnt have that burst though to finish off what could have been 2-3 nice runs..

Was talking to my son about Hakimi, what a wonderful player he is, how Southgate has been making England's right backs all-world, and what an important test this was for our guys with only a couple games together before heading into the World Cup.

Then... nothing.

After his late yellow, the boy goes "I thought he was supposed to be good."

Go figure.

If it was something the US did though, bottle that for Thanksgiving weekend.

Haji got into some good spots, too bad he doesnt have that burst though to finish off what could have been 2-3 nice runs..

Considering how rough the 9 spot is, I honestly think they should start Weah centrally since his speed and movement can drag CB's out of position and create room for Pulisic.

Assuming the team is 100% healthy you have Adams, Musah, McKennie, Reyna, Aaronson, Pulisic, and Weah for a few spots.

Might be a hot take but absolutely love Luca de la Torre and I would love to see him play with Musah. Two ball progressing CM's.

It was nice to beat a WC team pretty solidly. Morocco they said had like 1 loss in the last 35 or so matches and hadnt lost a game by 2+ in almost 10 years.

He's taking a lot of heat for this. The problem is greed. Ticket prices for an exhibition game shouldn't cost people $150-200 for upper deck seats.

He's taking a lot of heat for this. The problem is greed. Ticket prices for an exhibition game shouldn't cost people $150-200 for upper deck seats.

The issue is ticket prices and location. USSF loves Ohio. They rival the NCAA for organization at the top of my hate list.

Agreed. No reason for those ticket prices for a friendly in the middle of the week in Ohio. I don't get the love fest US Soccer has for Ohio. I'd love to see them play in Atlanta. The ATL UTD fans would have no problem filling up Mercedes Benz.

They want to grow the sports support nationally yet play games in the same areas constantly.

They also priced the game like it was a Giants - Cowboys game.

Cincy, KC, and Austin this cycle.

They should cycle home games regionally and price accordingly to market.

Denver, Salt Lake, San Jose

Columbus, Charlotte, Nashville

Chicago, Minneapolis, Cincy

DC, Philly, NYC

LA, Portland, Seattle

KC, Austin, Houston

Miami, Orlando, Atlanta

Interesting thread that Stejskal retweeted...

I cut and pasted the rest, so you don't have to click...
"Personal POV on why Mexico can sell out while the US doesn’t:
1. Fatigue: 4th game in OH vs 1st in AZ.

2. Fan Base Size: L Tri is more popular in the US. No sense denying that. The sport is still more popular in general among L Tri’s fan base.

3. Event: US-based L Tri fans come out for their team regardless of event. It’s a chance not just to cheer on their team, but celebrate their identity in a country where they don’t always feel respected. US fans show up for big events, but often don’t for the more routine games.

4. Understanding. The casual US fan might know the WC is coming, but don’t necessarily get the importance of these final prep games. L Tri fans get it.

5. Expectations. Casual US fans celebrate winners. There are still a lot of Charles Barkleys who see the women as winners, but not the men. 2018 didn’t help and still lingers. So the idea of spending real money on friendlies doesn’t make sense.

6. Stars. Donovan and Dempsey were the face of the team. The hardcore US fan gets how good these kids are, but a lot of casual US fans couldn’t pick out more than 1-3 players on the team. Meanwhile, L Tri players have star value across Mexico and among their fan base.

All this underscores how important performance at the WC is in terms of growing the men’s awareness and popularity among the casual US fan base. 2018 still hurts, but USSF prices events as if it didn’t happen.

PS - if we’re going to interpret off-the-cuff honest comments in the worst possible light, we deserve the bland non-answers we typically get from players and coaches."

Love watching Aaronson.

Haji Wright is a big man. Settled one of his first long balls well and held it up nicely.

Agreed. No reason for those ticket prices for a friendly in the middle of the week in Ohio. I don't get the love fest US Soccer has for Ohio. I'd love to see them play in Atlanta. The ATL UTD fans would have no problem filling up Mercedes Benz.

No one wants to play on artificial turf. It ruins the game.

That was a nice little pre WC run. URU is a good squad and the US had the run of play for long stretches. They are as ready as they are going to be I think. Stay healthy for the next stretch of games and let it rip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom