2022 USMNT Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Stu Holden called it out on the broadcast, really we're looking at LCB, Goalie, and Striker. Those spots are waiting to be claimed.

Ferriera gets into good spots but so far is not a great finisher. Long way to go to find the number 9.

Grenada isn't any good, but still... 4 goals for Jesus tonight! 5-0 W.
Ferreira had 4 goals. Looks to be emerging as a factor.

Ferreira had 4 goals. Looks to be emerging as a factor.

Yeah garbage competition but we have the quality to get good chances against anyone in the world. We just need someone who can put them home consistently.

Yeah garbage competition but we have the quality to get good chances against anyone in the world. We just need someone who can put them home consistently.

It took awhile, but at least we were finding the net. That's a big improvement, regardless of the level of competition. These guys did earn a draw with El Salvador in their last game, so they weren't pure garbage.

It took awhile, but at least we were finding the net. That's a big improvement, regardless of the level of competition. These guys did earn a draw with El Salvador in their last game, so they weren't pure garbage.

Yeah plus how he finished was more important. Clinical in placement and touch.

Ugly one tonight. Would much rather it not even played on that field good god
Yeah, for real. Can't even consider that a pitch. If you didn't watch, you get the idea when you see our captain's kit...

El Salvador scored in the 35th minute.

Ariola subs in at 61st minute and then red carded at 70th minute. El Salvador got a red in the 79th.

Everyone's favorite, Jordan Morris (80th minute sub), gets the equalizer in the 91st minute.

Last edited:
Yeah, for real. Can't even consider that a pitch. If you didn't watch, you get the idea when you see our captain's kit...

El Salvador scored in the 35th minute.

Ariola subs in at 61st minute and then red carded at 70th minute. El Salvador got a red in the 79th.

Everyone's favorite, Jordan Morris (80th minute sub), gets the equalizer in the 91st minute.

Yeah I mean if this was the Hex then so be it but months before the WC it was like watching and praying no one gets hurt.

Ugly one tonight. Would much rather it not even played on that field good god

A real mudbath. I loved when Adams threw the guy to the ground! What a rock fight! El Salvador was pretty dirty, lots of rough tackles, and our guys fought back in kind.

Good showing by Jordan Morris. He had a couple real chances there at the end, including the one that was a handball against the defender.

Pulisic might be the big name on the team, but his corner kicks have been pretty awful. He fails to beat the first man about 2/3 of the time. Great effort in initiating the offense over and over and over in the last 15-20 minutes or so. We were relentless trying to get a result at the end.

Horvath, our shot stopper, was frozen in the mud on that goal he gave up. Yes, it was well hit, but he was too close to the middle of his goal, not guarding the near post at all. Not too reassuring.

Musah was a monster. Adams, McKennie, Aaronson and del la Torre all gave us good performances in midfield. With Miles Robinson injured, I'm grateful that Aaron Long has slotted back in alongside Walker Zimmerman. Pretty solid pair.

Reggie Cannon had a nice game for himself. He probably gets another shot at winning a spot as back-up back.

A real mudbath. I loved when Adams threw the guy to the ground! What a rock fight! El Salvador was pretty dirty, lots of rough tackles, and our guys fought back in kind.

Good showing by Jordan Morris. He had a couple real chances there at the end, including the one that was a handball against the defender.

Pulisic might be the big name on the team, but his corner kicks have been pretty awful. He fails to beat the first man about 2/3 of the time. Great effort in initiating the offense over and over and over in the last 15-20 minutes or so. We were relentless trying to get a result at the end.

Horvath, our shot stopper, was frozen in the mud on that goal he gave up. Yes, it was well hit, but he was too close to the middle of his goal, not guarding the near post at all. Not too reassuring.

Musah was a monster. Adams, McKennie, Aaronson and del la Torre all gave us good performances in midfield. With Miles Robinson injured, I'm grateful that Aaron Long has slotted back in alongside Walker Zimmerman. Pretty solid pair.

Reggie Cannon had a nice game for himself. He probably gets another shot at winning a spot as back-up back.

Yeah it would be great if Pulisic handed off corner duties.

Yeah it would be great if Pulisic handed off corner duties.

I think if Reyna was healthy, he'd be taking them. McKennie has taken some in the past, too, but more from fouls in midfield, not corners.

No one wants to play on artificial turf. It ruins the game.
It might ruin backs and knees, but how does it ruin the game?
Also, I love these type of comments: "that's now how the game is supposed to be played."
My son had a goalie coach who played soccer back when the defense could kick the ball back to their own goalkeeper, who could pick it up. Games evolve.
If you were starting professional sports today, from scratch, and wanted to optimize the fan experience and be sure that each game was played in the same conditions, all sports would be in doors, on turf.

It might ruin backs and knees, but how does it ruin the game?
Also, I love these type of comments: "that's now how the game is supposed to be played."
My son had a goalie coach who played soccer back when the defense could kick the ball back to their own goalkeeper, who could pick it up. Games evolve.
If you were starting professional sports today, from scratch, and wanted to optimize the fan experience and be sure that each game was played in the same conditions, all sports would be in doors, on turf.

I guess if we throw out the increased risk of significant injury... you can always point towards the unnatural reaction that the ball has on nearly every bounce, the significant difference in weights that you need to hit a ball with when making any pass of distance, the absurd heat you get playing outdoors on sunny days, or that you need to change your aggressiveness if you don't wanna end up in pain every day in the shower for playing the way the game is meant to be played...

Games certainly evolve, that's true. But for obvious reasons games usually don't evolve in a way that nearly every top level player in the world disagrees with. There's a good reason for that.

Last edited:
I really don't have anything personal against guys like Morris or Arriola but I certainly hope more talented players take their spots over the next 2-3 seasons.

The USA needs to progress past relying on guys who work hard, press, but ultimately have mostly poor touches.

I really don't have anything personal against guys like Morris or Arriola but I certainly hope more talented players take their spots over the next 2-3 seasons.

The USA needs to progress past relying on guys who work hard, press, but ultimately have mostly poor touches.

While I generally agree with this, guys like Acosta, Arriola, Morris - some of these guys are pretty solid to have as subs, especially on a team that is so damn young.

While I generally agree with this, guys like Acosta, Arriola, Morris - some of these guys are pretty solid to have as subs, especially on a team that is so damn young.

Acosta and Arriola yes I think they can contribute off the bench this cycle. I respectfully don't think Jordan Morris is any good. Just my own opinion.

His best season was in 2016. Got hurt a few times I know but personally...he stinks.

Acosta and Arriola yes I think they can contribute off the bench this cycle. I respectfully don't think Jordan Morris is any good. Just my own opinion.

His best season was in 2016. Got hurt a few times I know but personally...he stinks.

I know that he is not the player he used to be in MLS a few years ago. But he certainly seems to have the knack with the national team.

MLS's writers came up with this as their current projected 26 man World Cup roster.

Attachments

• vaa7hybt74gcojtfcfk9.png
    vaa7hybt74gcojtfcfk9.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 45
MLS's writers came up with this as their current projected 26 man World Cup roster.

Don't have too many complaints. I know Joe Scally is a divisive player but I think he goes because he can play LB and RB. With a 26-man roster it's a good move. Walker Zimmerman has proven to me his quality but I will have nightmares at the thought of both starting CB's being MLS players. I hope Chris Richards gets healthy and GGG calls in John Brooks once more to see what he's made of.

I guess if we throw out the increased risk of significant injury... you can always point towards the unnatural reaction that the ball has on nearly every bounce, the significant difference in weights that you need to hit a ball with when making any pass of distance, the absurd heat you get playing outdoors on sunny days, or that you need to change your aggressiveness if you don't wanna end up in pain every day in the shower for playing the way the game is meant to be played...

Games certainly evolve, that's true. But for obvious reasons games usually don't evolve in a way that nearly every top level player in the world disagrees with. There's a good reason for that.
I get that they players don't like it, and as I said, it is terrible in knees and backs, but that is separate from the play of the game.

I get that they players don't like it, and as I said, it is terrible in knees and backs, but that is separate from the play of the game.
The play of the game is awful on turf though. There’s a reason the skill and preciseness that makes great teams great disappears when you play on three inches of ground up tire. It becomes a game of people chasing a ball — like golfing down an interstate or playing billiards on a basketball court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom