2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Winter Olympics: Beijing

If memory serves, we were a non factor in speed skating for a long time. Eric Heiden and his sister just decided they were going to be great and somehow made it happen. I think there was some buzz generated by them but it didn't last long.

Speed skating is a big deal in Europe. A major sport. Speed skaters are rock stars in The Netherlands.

That will never happen here.

To be fair and to your point we have never been a dominant force but usually have one or two athletes a threat to get on the podium more than once be it Ohno, Baver, Smith and others.

Then plenty on long track too. I looked it up and quite a few more medalists than even I recall with that said the previous two Olympics and those to date show a pretty clear downward trend so far.

that snow board cross is why you watch these things. to see people who thought they had no chances win something they worked for for so many years.

US has some big time speed skaters this year 2 of the top ranked women in a couple events. where we always have struggled is the distance events.

If memory serves, we were a non factor in speed skating for a long time. Eric Heiden and his sister just decided they were going to be great and somehow made it happen. I think there was some buzz generated by them but it didn't last long.

Speed skating is a big deal in Europe. A major sport. Speed skaters are rock stars in The Netherlands.

That will never happen here.

they are legit athletes..the real full size track versions..I think the short track stuff is garbage and there is so much luck, randomness involved in who wins or even finishes that I dont understand the point of it.. not to mention the BS subjective ex post facto judge rulings that DQ people at random.. reminds me of that one baby park race course on Mario kart...totally luck and bedlam based winners. in fact, in short track, they should just deploy red turtle shells to the skaters in the back.

Maybe it's just me, but can NBC stop all the fawning over Mikaela Shiffrin? I get she fell and was disappointed. I get she's a huge star. But the ****fest going on during the Super-G tonight just because she SKIIED AGAIN!!! OMG - that's never happened!!! :rolleyes:

/rant
should have called Jim Ross to do the PBP

I find it interesting that NBC hypes all the streaming options but then when you actually try to look at past events some of the replays are nothing like the broadcast.. my wife and daughter wanted to watch a replay of the figure skate and the only version is a 4.5 hr no broadaster version. not very useful.

“Monobob” that kind of sounds like a disease to me.

not-great-bob-amc-62219105.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom