2022 World Cup | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

Didn’t see the game, but we’re they offside? Was a passive offside that should not have been called?
Yup. One of them was questionable. But the others were clear on replay. I think they had 2 goals waived off after review. Maybe 3.

So interesting nugget. As we know FIFA rankings are laughable before I get to the next part.

That said- the US's group has 4 nations ranked in the top 20 of the current rankings with England 5, US 16, Wales 18 and Iran 20.

As of current rankings no other group has even 3 nations in the top 20.. let alone 4. Now there a few where they are just outside of getting 3 but still... on paper we have the worst group in the whole WC to advance out of.

Also I still don't understand why they have the rankings if they aren't going to use them in scheduling on top of the pods. For instance the U.S. was ranked higher than Wales, Ukraine or Scotland. Thus why wouldn't the USA England match be match number 3 instead of 2?? To me that makes no sense.

Anyways none of that matters just found it interesting
perhaps TV. tons of usa fans at home on friday

Not sure why the Ghana GK came out of net for that one?
Feel like it opened up the goal for Felix.

Last edited:
Wow. With Iran’s win today, it all comes down to beating them Tuesday and we move on. Not an easy task but if you told me In August “beat Iran and you go to knockout stage” I would’ve taken that in a heartbeat

Wow. With Iran’s win today, it all comes down to beating them Tuesday and we move on. Not an easy task but if you told me In August “beat Iran and you go to knockout stage” I would’ve taken that in a heartbeat
Or win today and draw Tuesday. Wales looked like they did in the first half against us, only for two halves today. Iran pretty much kicked their ass

Can someone explain to me what is and isn’t a penalty ? Qatar dude basically got mugged in the box and nothing …

Can someone explain to me what is and isn’t a penalty ? Qatar dude basically got mugged in the box and nothing …
It might be the worst non PK call in the last 20 years of soccer. No hyperbole. If you were showing new refs videos to train them you would use that foul as THE example of a PK.

It might be the worst non PK call in the last 20 years of soccer. No hyperbole. If you were showing new refs videos to train them you would use that foul as THE example of a PK.
Got the clip?

Got the clip?
I’m sure it’s all over Twitter. I’ll look.

The question I have for the rules experts is how is VAR not used on those plays. They can’t buzz down that they’re reviewing it? Doesn’t make any sense. And in 2022 how is fhere only 1 referee on the pitch? So many questions!

We get any type of result against England and we control our own destiny.

If not, we need to beat Iran and hope an already-qualified England is interested enough in game 3 to not gift a win to Wales.

I’m sure it’s all over Twitter. I’ll look.

The question I have for the rules experts is how is VAR not used on those plays. They can’t buzz down that they’re reviewing it? Doesn’t make any sense. And in 2022 how is fhere only 1 referee on the pitch? So many questions!

Just an absolutely terrible non-call. It bothered me that the ref wouldn’t even review the play.
Karma.

Just an absolutely terrible non-call. It bothered me that the ref wouldn’t even review the play.
The standard was set with the soft penalty call for CR7 yesterday. Today should have absolutely been a PK for Qatar - especially as the home team and host nation. Inexcusable. I did see that this particular ref is notorious for shady non calls like this apparently.

USA starting XI is out. We shall see what happens. What is holding back this group is the manager. Prediction is 3-1 England

USA starting XI is out. We shall see what happens. What is holding back this group is the manager. Prediction is 3-1 England
His only change is Wright. I really hope we see Reyna at some point, and that Berhalter subs early.

45 more mins. A point is just fine here. Then find 3 against Iran. Doesn't threaten England winning the group given their goal differential advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom