2022 World Cup | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

1670642549726.jpeg

I was disappointed with two things I saw. First, what flop artist Messi was. Even the slightest contact and he dropped like shot duck. Several times. The other was how dirty the Argentines were, so much intentional contact below the knee. I don't care who wins now as long as it's not them.
Add this:

Attachments

• 51BDEF81-623B-49F4-AE45-E2F1E65C3A61.jpeg
    51BDEF81-623B-49F4-AE45-E2F1E65C3A61.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 42
I was able to meet him once a few years ago. What a genuinely great person. This is so so sad.

So I also had the pleasure of meeting him several years back. I met John Koskinen as he was on the board at my employer a few times and met Grant once through him at an offsite charity event. Incredible dude with so much passion for what he did.

Absolute masterclass in penalties by Croatia. Arrogance got Brazil in trouble conceding late.
Not really in their DNA to sit back. Why they are so much fun to watch.

Pulled the trifecta today after work.

Brazil-Croatia
Argentina-Netherlands
SU-Creighton

Just got done.

Argentina a real conundrum for me. Messi is absolutely brilliant but the team plays such a dirty game (and always has - they are the Conmebol equivalent of Mexico).

Since Pirlo retired, Modric has been my favorite player to watch. I love watching those deep-laying playmakers control the game as if it is on a string.

I thought Croatia's legs would give out today but that was a master class in how to play defense without bunkering.

I have DVR'd and watched every knockout round game so far. Spain was the biggest disappointment. so much space in behind and Spain absolutely refused to exploit it until OT. So stubborn. Hopefully, Portugal will be more pragmatic. Unless it is the US, which used to have no choice, I hate it when bunkering teams win.

France-England might be you take it. No you take it. No you take it. Both teams can definitely play on the front foot but France likes to play somewhat deep since Mbappe is so devastating on the counter. england will not want to commit too many players forward for that exact same reason. I do think England's wingers can cause problems...especially down the right flank behind Mbappe since he does not come back to defend. France has been somewhat lacksadaisical defending but I also don't think any of their previous opponents worried them. They will take england seriously. Hoping for two games tomorrow like the two we had today.

Brazil-Croatia
Argentina-Netherlands
SU-Creighton

Just got done.

Argentina a real conundrum for me. Messi is absolutely brilliant but the team plays such a dirty game (and always has - they are the Conmebol equivalent of Mexico).

Since Pirlo retired, Modric has been my favorite player to watch. I love watching those deep-laying playmakers control the game as if it is on a string.

I thought Croatia's legs would give out today but that was a master class in how to play defense without bunkering.

I have DVR'd and watched every knockout round game so far. Spain was the biggest disappointment. so much space in behind and Spain absolutely refused to exploit it until OT. So stubborn. Hopefully, Portugal will be more pragmatic. Unless it is the US, which used to have no choice, I hate it when bunkering teams win.

France-England might be you take it. No you take it. No you take it. Both teams can definitely play on the front foot but France likes to play somewhat deep since Mbappe is so devastating on the counter. england will not want to commit too many players forward for that exact same reason. I do think England's wingers can cause problems...especially down the right flank behind Mbappe since he does not come back to defend. France has been somewhat lacksadaisical defending but I also don't think any of their previous opponents worried them. They will take england seriously. Hoping for two games tomorrow like the two we had today.

1000 pct agree on Modric. I love watching perisic as well dropping dimes into the box.

Agree on Brazil and yet they still were disciplined for most of the match then got sloppy after getting the lead. It was an awful and lazy sequence despite initially starting well staying near the flag.

1000 pct agree on Modric. I love watching perisic as well dropping dimes into the box.

Agree on Brazil and yet they still were disciplined for most of the match then got sloppy after getting the lead. It was an awful and lazy sequence despite initially starting well staying near the flag.
You should watch the Italy-Brazil game from 1982...Brazil has been playing this way forever. They have one gear: Forward.

You should watch the Italy-Brazil game from 1982...Brazil has been playing this way forever. They have one gear: Forward.

Oh I'm intimately familiar. Just such an awful moment of poor discipline let's just say true to form. Thought they defended well overall and kept a better shape for a Brasilian team for the most part.

We had two kids from Brazil I played with in AAU years ago - I understand it's in their DNA LOL.

Brazil-Croatia
Argentina-Netherlands
SU-Creighton

Just got done.

I think England has the potential to bore us to death with their dawdling on offense, and then get hit on a couple quick counters anyway, just from defensive or midfield turnovers.

Brazil thought they had won, and rightfully so. I am not a Neymar fan. I think he buys way too many fouls, he has a huge preening ego, etc., not always a team player.

But, boy, that goal was one of the most impressive I've ever seen in that kind of "big moment". That was magic, and then after he pulled in that pass, took the bump in the box without trying to buy the penalty, then rounding the keeper, and THEN, still having the composure to shoot into the roof, because he could see the defender sliding in to guard the corner of the net - that was remarkable composure.

Last edited:
Brazil thought they had won, and rightfully so. I am not a Neymar fan. I think he buys way too many fouls, he has a huge preening ego, etc., not always a team player.

But, buy, that goal was one of the most impressive I've ever seen in that kind of "big moment". That was magic, and then after he pulled in that pass, took the bump in the box without trying to buy the penalty, then rounding the keeper, and THEN, still having the composure to shoot into the roof, because he could see the defender sliding in to guard the corner - that was remarkable composure.

Ditto on Neymar as well as how impressive that goal was. Beautiful to watch and then watch them lose lol.

Ditto on Neymar as well as how impressive that goal was. Beautiful to watch and then watch them lose lol.

Totally agree. Brazil - and Barcelona (and Arsenal, Spurs and City) are teams I love to see lose.

Totally agree. Brazil - and Barcelona (and Arsenal, Spurs and City) are teams I love to see lose.

I can't like this for the Arsenal comment.. so close but can't do it lol :)

I can't like this for the Arsenal comment.. so close but can't do it lol :)

We've largely been the better team for the last 10-15 years, but they've beaten us in several recent Cup finals, now. I liked it better when it was good football on display, but we always won. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom