2022 World Cup | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

I think they will need vintage Kyle Walker putting pressure on the French wings forcing them to defend for one. I do like Mount over Grealish, but Kane also needs to be more involved and not just holding things up. They can't be forced to wait for the attack against this French team they need to have more pace on the attack. The U.S. made life hell for their midfield after the first 20. Part of that is they simply take too long in the final third. It's going to be a chess match and I agree a more defensive shape is a better play however they must put pressure on the French to defend wide.

I'm not sure that Kyle Walker has that much of an offensive presence left in his game. If they wanted that, then bring in Trent Alexander-Arnold. Walker is physical, but he's not the same guy he was a few years ago, IMO.

I'm not sure that Kyle Walker has that much of an offensive presence left in his game. If they wanted that, then bring in Trent Alexander-Arnold. He's physical, but he's not the same guy he was a few years ago, IMO.

Oh I don't disagree... it's more of digging to find it for a couple matches

I see USA soccer has moved to Turner/HBO starting in Jan.. More money for US Deferation. I wonder if any of the FOX guys move over if they are not covering the sport any more on FOX.

I see USA soccer has moved to Turner/HBO starting in Jan.. More money for US Deferation. I wonder if any of the FOX guys move over if they are not covering the sport any more on FOX.

Rob Stone does other sports for them, so he'll probably stay. I kind of like him. I think he's pretty good. The MLS experience the group has is useful in qualifying, but it seems like they don't know nearly as much about European club teams and their members as they ought to.

I'm sure that Alexi Lallas, Deuce and some of the women's team commentators will be brought over. But Kate Abdo and a couple of the England based people are pretty bad. Won't be sad to see them go.

I was disappointed with two things I saw. First, what flop artist Messi was. Even the slightest contact and he dropped like shot duck. Several times. The other was how dirty the Argentines were, so much intentional contact below the knee. I don't care who wins now as long as it's not them.

I was disappointed with two things I saw. First, what flop artist Messi was. Even the slightest contact and he dropped like shot duck. Several times. The other was how dirty the Argentines were, so much intentional contact below the knee. I don't care who wins now as long as it's not them.

In fairness they were the much smaller team. You don't see all the contact a smaller player takes up top in a match that equals out. Not to say they aren't cheap shot artists because they absolutely are at times. It wasn't that bad from what I saw and that particular ref is a massive problem when it comes to consistency as well as getting far too emotional.

I still have scars from the days as a shorter guy that came from uncalled cheap shots from taller players. It's a far more chippy game than people realize.

Argentina don't have what they need to win it all I don't think anyways.

Also they were maybe a 5 on a scale of 10 of being chippy vs what El Tri does when they play us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom