2022 Yankees Season | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Gil has really struggled in the minors so far.

Hope King is ready to throw about 4-5 innings.

Is a ballpark supposed to be like a golf course?

Even on a golf course, they don't reposition the hole for each competitor.
They don’t reposition the fence for each batter either.

These posts are substandard for SWC. I hope everything is okay.

Applying logic is never substandard. And using standards to even the playing field so the abilities of the players determine the result is logical. "Both teams play in the same park" really has nothing to do with whether parks should be standard or the walls a circular arc. A home run should be or not be a home run in every park in every direction, just like a basket is 10 feet tall in every arena and a football field 100 yards long, etc. It wouldn't be 'charming' if they weren't. Fairness is what makes sports charming.

Applying logic is never substandard. And using standards to even the playing field so the abilities of the players determine the result is logical. "Both teams play in the same park" really has nothing to do with whether parks should be standard or the walls a circular arc. A home run should be or not be a home run in every park in every direction, just like a basket is 10 feet tall in every arena and a football field 100 yards long, etc. It wouldn't be 'charming' if they weren't. Fairness is what makes sports charming.
You are usually more interesting. You have set the bar high.

To achieve your goal, you would need to have every team play in an indoor arena under identical atmospheric conditions. This isn't happening in any sport currently.

Last edited:
Bad Sevy.

I love to know how much the people who make the schedule are drinking when they put these schedules together. Yankees have played Toronto like 20 times already it feels like and its only May. Are we allowed to play Boston again or maybe Tampa Bay?

I didn't make the comment that teams play in the same park to make commentary on whether parks should be standardized or not. I made that comment to recognize that a different shaped stadium doesn't yield a competitive advantage to either team.

Sevy on 8 days rest ain't good. 65 pitches through 2.

I wonder how many innings they can get from Mayor Adams?

Sevy on 8 days rest ain't good. 65 pitches through 2.

I wonder how many innings they can get from Mayor Adams?

Tough after 8 days of rest. Bigger issue to me is O is in a slump. 2 runs or less in 4 straight games and Yanks are being no hit through 4+ again. You wonder how long Yanks can go with no offense from the catching spot when half the lineup is under .240 for today's game and Gallo isn't even playing.

Tough after 8 days of rest. Bigger issue to me is O is in a slump. 2 runs or less in 4 straight games and Yanks are being no hit through 4+ again. You wonder how long Yanks can go with no offense from the catching spot when half the lineup is under .240 for today's game and Gallo isn't even playing.
OPS+ before tonight:
Trevino 35
Higgy 26

OPS+ before tonight:
Trevino 35
Higgy 26

Higgy has been Sanchez in a prolonged slump bad the entire year. I like him as a player but he's making Gallo look like Don Mattingly out there.

Higgy has been Sanchez in a prolonged slump bad the entire year. I like him as a player but he's making Gallo look like Don Mattingly out there.
It's like having a pitcher at the bottom of the lineup with these two. Trevino's defensive metrics have been great, however. Higgy's, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom