2023-2024 Coaching Carousel | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 Coaching Carousel

Maybe. Just disappointed. Another Goliath stopping the ascent of a 2nd tier program. It's a big reason why despite what Fran said at his presser I know if he excels there's every chance he'll get an offer be can't refuse

Does that mean Washington is a stepping stone to Alabama and is also a 2nd tier program?

He attended U of Florida. Has family there. It had long been a poorly kept secret it was his dream destination
We were expecting him to head to Florida after next season if the Gators coach choked again.

Maybe he just didn’t like living in Arizona.

The new Big 12 is not a good conference.

Your stock has nowhere to go but down after a year like he had last. The 4 west coast Big Ten jobs are all good places to be that conference isn't too tough and you can make the field of 12 easy in a good year at any of them. Somewhat surprised DeBoer didn't want to stay there long term.

Does that mean Washington is a stepping stone to Alabama and is also a 2nd tier program?
With very few exceptions (OSU, Texas, etc.) every program is a stepping stone to Alabama.

We'll see if DeBoer can maintain that status.

IMG_9452.jpeg
Nunzio’s brother.

Lot of moving parts here. He is aggressively working to bring back some key assistants to Arizona. Star QB Noah Fifita and star WR Tetairoa McMillan both have privately committed to returning if they are able to to land them. would be huge as the majority of other key players would likely follow.

It’s got to be a huge kick in the balls to have your HC leave for an assistant job. If I were a recruit deciding between a power conference team and a G5 team I would always pick the power conference team. Greater likelihood your head coach will stick around.

IMG_9459.jpeg

Four days ago he hired a new running backs coach. Now the new guy may be out of a job. Coaching is a tough business.