2023-2024 Coaching Carousel | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 Coaching Carousel

It’s got to be a huge kick in the balls to have your HC leave for an assistant job. If I were a recruit deciding between a power conference team and a G5 team I would always pick the power conference team. Greater likelihood your head coach will stick around.
Is that actually true?

Is that actually true?
I don’t have stats for it. But I feel like a power conference HC is more likely to stay where he is, as opposed to a G5 coach who is successful. The G5 coach is more likely looking for a bigger job. But the worst is, as a South Alabama or Buffalo player, when your HC leaves to become a coordinator or an assistant elsewhere.

I don’t have stats for it. But I feel like a power conference HC is more likely to stay where he is, as opposed to a G5 coach who is successful. The G5 coach is more likely looking for a bigger job. But the worst is, as a South Alabama or Buffalo player, when your HC leaves to become a coordinator or an assistant elsewhere.
That is true, but I think you need to also factor in who is more likely to be fired. I would think there is a bit more pressure to succeed and maybe a shorter leash at a P5 job than a G5 job.

If you're a P5 school, and you're looking to hire a HC, are your boosters going to be happier with a G5 HC as the pick, or a P5 OC/DC as the pick. It's pretty obvious what the choice is.

We'll probably see more of this as the gap grows.

Any relation to Hedley?

Harrumph!!

1705456108763.gif

Deboer with two insane hires so far.

If by insane you mean terrible then yes.

Linguist is absolutely terrible. UB finished in the top 25 for the first time ever before he was hired. Then he quickly sunk the program back into the 100s. Even when he was a DBs coach at other places he never had great secondaries.

UB dodged a bullet having them take him off their hands. Only problem for them is Mark Alnutt might be the worst AD in the nation and will probably make another awful HC hire.

I know he had a bit of a scandal earlier on, but I thought this guy was going to be to Texas as Nick Saban was to Alabama. Never happened for him for some reason.

Scott Frost to Nebraska syndrome too.

Sometimes it's the guy. Sometimes it's the job.

He'll always be best known as Syracuse QB coach in my mind.

The Syracuse connection continues... ;)

We'll see if he eventually makes it to the P4.

Their stadium is only half of The Dome.

HWS_2021.jpg

Quite the dame.
She invented radar…sort of.
Was nude in the 1933 movie Ecstasy.
And…she can cook
I don't think it was radar; I think it was a frequency-jumping algorithm or something for torpedoes that became important for cellular phone service. I think.