2023-2024 Coaching Carousel | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 Coaching Carousel

I'm curious to the win % of HC's that are in negotiations and still coaching are? No way they can focus like they usually do and be in contract talks at the same time. I get multi tasking but that's a tough thing to do and over the years its seems to hurt the current team.

Interesting Houston would go from an offense first spread coach to D oriented power run game FB coach only a year into being in the Big 12.

I would have brought back Herman before hiring Fritz.

Too funny, but during the game yesterday announcers said per Fritz he has no interest in leaving Tulane. Sounds like another coach blowing smoke out his you know what and was using a smoke screen.
From 11 months ago:

IMG_9089.jpeg

Surprising Fritz is making the move. He's 63. Built Tulane over 7 years. Likely won't have as much time at Houston to get them to a minimum 8-win season again.
They have a Daddy Warbucks in Houston.

I'm curious to the win % of HC's that are in negotiations and still coaching are? No way they can focus like they usually do and be in contract talks at the same time. I get multi tasking but that's a tough thing to do and over the years its seems to hurt the current team.
Most all of them have agents who are doing all the negotiating. I remember back when UVa hired Mike London (sigh :() that Tommy Tuberville's agent was quoted in the press as saying UVa never called him even to gauge interest after firing Al Groh. (Tuberville was between jobs at the time, though.)

Makes me realize how awful it is on assistant coaches and their families. Bunch of young kids have to move from Virginia to Syracuse to New Mexico in a span of three/four years. Lot of changing of schools. Can sort of get why Fran said what he did at the presser.