2023-24 NBA Season | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Leonard is having his best year in a long time IMO. He’s been great.
For sure, Clippers are healthy and are playing great right now. Harden has been a great pick up when most people hated it. Such a great passer and their big guy is feasting because of Harden. Pelicans have been playing well and the Clippers destroyed them at home last Friday and the Pels have traditionally played the Clips pretty well but when healthy the Clippers are really good. Credit to Ty Lue for figuring it out. Russ on the 2nd unit gives a nice boost as well but Harden will have to do it in the playoffs as well

Interesting conversation I heard on the radio echoing your point about how underrated he is now. Main point one talking head was making is that for his age and with his injury history its worth the risk for a 30 something because he's missed so much time, he's a young 32. Not sure I buy it but sort of get what he is saying.

I struggle to buy into that too much because the reason he’s not as old as his age says he is is because…of his constant knee injuries. Doesn’t seem like that is a great sign for his future

I struggle to buy into that too much because the reason he’s not as old as his age says he is is because…of his constant knee injuries. Doesn’t seem like that is a great sign for his future
Yeah I think DUE to the injuries he's an old 32. Balmer has the new arena coming on line and has to stay competitive as well. They have sold the farm for the current roster so they need to try and keep going with the Vets until they can't go anymore. No denying that when healthy he's still easy top 10 player in the league.

I mean what do you do with Harden at the end of the year as he's done on the contract at the end of the year. Thought Doc Rivers made a great point that you let his performance in the playoffs determine if you sign him to a new deal or not. Harden stays on the floor though but his playoff performance over the years leaves much to be desired.

Two words: Frank Gore.

Oh my
Jerami's +/- was -40, better than Scoot's -56
Poop Henderson may be worse than Jalen Green and the rockets crappy Thompson Twin. Don’t draft players in the top 5 because they impressed in the G league. Please stop. Has any G leaguer drafted top 5 been worth it yet ? I must be missing someone. Kuminga blows . Green blows . Thompson blows. Poop blows

I distinctly recall Stephen a Stiff exclaiming he would take poop Henderson over Wemby.

My all star teams as of 1/5/23.

East:
Haliburton (s)
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero

(Snubs- Porzingis, Young, Butler, Siakam, Derozan)

West:
Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

(Snubs- Holmgren, Booker, Zion, George, Towns)

So many top players in the league right now. Typically the teams favor the top teams and the Lakers are currently under .500 but no chance Davis and James don't make it.
My all star teams as of 1/12/23.

East:
Haliburton (s- now injured)
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero
Porzingis- added

(Snubs- Young, Butler, Siakam, Barnes (added))

I forgot about Barnes who is deserving and I’d be fine with him over Porzingis but team record may be factor.

West:

Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

I think most likely Booker makes it over Sengun and Chet which is too bad.

Last edited:

East:
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero
Porzingis- added

I forgot about Barnes who is deserving and I’d be fine with him over Porzingis but team record may be factor.

West:

Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

I think most likely Booker makes it over Sengun which is too bad.
George towns being snubbed is a nice touch

East:
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero
Porzingis- added

West:

Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

I think most likely Booker makes it over Sengun and Chet which is too bad.
I know Markkanen won't make it two years in a row, but his numbers are in the same ballpark of at least five or six of those guys.

Just as an FYI, the Jazz have been tinkering with their starting lineup and have now won 12 out of their last 16 games and knocking on a playoff berth with five games remaining on a home stand. The key was now starting Sexton and Dunn in the backcourt along with Collins, Fontecchio and Markkanen up front.

Jazz remain red hot. 2nd hottest team in the NBA over the last month. Last four wins have been huge winning by an average of 20 points.

And Collin Sexton has been a big part of it.

Last edited:
Stay classy, Chicago. Without Krause as the architect, there is no Bulls dynasty.

"What we witnessed today, when Jerry Krause's name was called and the people that booed Jerry Krause and his widow, who was accepting this honor for him — it was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life," Bulls analyst Stacey King, a member of Chicago's first three title teams, said on the broadcast.

Jazz remain red hot. 2nd hottest team in the NBA over the last month. Last four wins have been huge winning by an average of 20 points.

And Collin Sexton has been a big part of it.

Who is the first? ;)

Stay classy, Chicago. Without Krause as the architect, there is no Bulls dynasty.

"What we witnessed today, when Jerry Krause's name was called and the people that booed Jerry Krause and his widow, who was accepting this honor for him — it was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life," Bulls analyst Stacey King, a member of Chicago's first three title teams, said on the broadcast.

Never addressed the Knicks-Raptors OG Trade.
My thought at the time was that it was a trade that could work for both teams, and I think so far that has been the case ... I'll address it in the next post I make.

But first I want to address Precious Achiuwa. Has he already frustrated Knicks fans? He had so many low IQ, "precious" moments with the Raptors, which was made worse when they would try to make him an offensive "hub" at times. I can't see him working under Thibs.

But this highlight below was as bad as anything I saw from Previous in Toronto. Anyway, he was a small part of the deal anyway, so it makes really no difference in my analyiss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom