2023-24 NBA Season | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Giannis better produce in the playoffs. His hands are all over this coaching confusion.

He got them a title, was FMVP and has two other MVPs. He can do whatever he wants this year. If MKE gets mad at Giannis almost every team would trade their whole roster for him outside of the Nuggets.

I guess this means the Bucks are guaranteed to lose in the divisional round because that is Doc’s M.O.

Nah, that's Embiid. The same guy that lobbies for MVP. Always checks his stats. Etc.

Doc has a chip. He may not be perfect, but Embiid is the one with the pressure this year.

I can somewhat applaud the Bucks front office for making the tough call -- even thought the record is great, and it was a recent hire, they can sense something is wrong, and they moved forward. It's not an easy choice to make.

And then they blow it all by signing Doc Rivers.

Nah, that's Embiid. The same guy that lobbies for MVP. Always checks his stats. Etc.

Doc has a chip. He may not be perfect, but Embiid is the one with the pressure this year.
Also yes!

So I see what you’re saying, but what about all those seasons with the Clippers also with CP3, Blake, DeAndre in their primes.

So I see what you’re saying, but what about all those seasons with the Clippers also with CP3, Blake, DeAndre in their primes.
Stop living in the past, man!

He’s blown more 3-1 leads than any other coach in NBA history. Probably in US pro sports history as well.

He’s only reached the conference finals three times, all with that loaded Celtics roster that was only made possible because McHale was doing his former team a solid.

He’s far from perfect.

He’s blown more 3-1 leads than any other coach in NBA history. Probably in US pro sports history as well.

He’s only reached the conference finals three times, all with that loaded Celtics roster that was only made possible because McHale was doing his former team a solid.

He’s far from perfect.

Cool. So he's got a chip, knows how to win a title with stars that were never able to win a title before.

No coach is perfect. Tell me how many titles Ty Lue has without LeBron James and Kyrie Irving?

You all are acting like AG was good. He had to change the defense four games into his tenure. The FO was coming down to watch practice. You can't have that happen when you have one of the top 25 players ever and aren't a FA destination.

This is wild. You hire Doc ten times out of ten.

Now do Leonard and George.

Blew a 3-1 lead to the Nuggets. Ty Lue took the same team to the conference finals the next year.

I have no idea what you're saying here.

You hate Doc, got it.

Congrats.

Cool. So he's got a chip, knows how to win a title with stars that were never able to win a title before.

No coach is perfect. Tell me how many titles Ty Lue has without LeBron James and Kyrie Irving?

You all are acting like AG was good. He had to change the defense four games into his tenure. The FO was coming down to watch practice. You can't have that happen when you have one of the top 25 players ever and aren't a FA destination.

Griffin was horrible. Really bad hire. I guess doc is a reasonable hire considering the circumstances (it’s the middle of the season!) but all in all he’s doesn’t light my world on fire or anything. He’s a pretty bad playoff coach

I have no idea what you're saying here.

You hate Doc, got it.

Congrats.
I think Doc Rivers is one of the all-time great ambassadors for the league and the game. I respect his views both on and off the court. He’s a terrific regular season coach, especially when you need to change the team culture. So…try again.

He’s just a bad playoff coach and his record reflects that.

Ignoring his playoff failures is wild.

He won one title with three of the NBA’s all-time top 75 players. People questioned if Phil Jackson could win a chip without Jordan and Pippen. He proved he could. Then he proved he could win one without Shaq. Rivers coached other players from that top 75 list, as well as players who will most certainly make the top 100. He didn’t make it past the second round with any of them.

Rivers has been a head coach for 25 years. Lue has been a head coach for less than 10 and already has more Finals and conference finals appearances than Rivers. He’s also led two different teams to the conference finals.

No one forced the Bucks to hire a first-time head coach. Obviously there was going to be a learning curve. Changing the defense - which Griffin probably designed with Holiday in mind instead of Lillard - after he recognized it wasn’t working was a bad thing? Was he supposed to be stubborn instead of accountable? Were you not one of the 44,000 people who wanted JB to stop playing zone?

And to reiterate, the Bucks had the second-best record in the league. This move was unprecedented.

Last edited:
Knicks still looking pretty good. I liked the OG trade and I'm still a little surprised how well he has fit in

Saw a tweet a few days back that he had highest +/- ever for any player in the his first 11 games with a new team after being traded (it was something like 20 years)

There's a reason he always had great value in rumoured trades over the past few years. Elite defender who can really defend at multiple positions / spots... the biggest issue he had with the Raps was when he wanted to do too much on offence as his handles are limited (or demanded larger roles)... that is not his game. Stick to his game offensively and he fits basically anywhere.

I'm glad he is doing well.

Knicks still looking pretty good. I liked the OG trade and I'm still a little surprised how well he has fit in

I feel like I remember having to talk you into that trade. Or maybe it was the other way around. Let's not rehash old, irrelevant stuff.

I guess this means the Bucks are guaranteed to lose in the divisional round because that is Doc’s M.O.
But first they must be up 3-1

Saw a tweet a few days back that he had highest +/- ever for any player in the his first 11 games with a new team after being traded (it was something like 20 years)

There's a reason he always had great value in rumoured trades over the past few years. Elite defender who can really defend at multiple positions / spots... the biggest issue he had with the Raps was when he wanted to do too much on offence as his handles are limited (or demanded larger roles)... that is not his game. Stick to his game offensively and he fits basically anywhere.

I'm glad he is doing well.

Yes he seems very mechanical with the ball when he's trying to drive. He's actually shown a little more off the dribble the last few games but you can see its not where he thrives.

But the defense is just unreal and he can knock down 3's.

He’s far from perfect.
this is savage

IMG_0203.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors