2023-24 NBA Season | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Want to wait til the end of the season?

I’ll take the L now, but there is still a ways to go.
Sure…some of the damage has already been done, though. The hire has jeopardized Milwaukee’s place in the standings and Rivers only has 26 more games to figure it out.

Contract is through the 24-25 season, then he is an unrestricted free agent. He is making 37+ million this year and 40+ next year. All guaranteed money.

If he can physically play, he will still have value, but probably not in the NBA and certainly not for guaranteed money ("Fool me once...").
The dude can’t play basketball at that level. He need not be guarded. If I was a GM, I would need at least 2 first round, unprotected picks, to accept him in a trade.

Michael Cooper was nominated for the HOF, so I was reading about him a little bit. When he was three years old, he somehow severely cut his knee on a coffee can lid, and required 100 stitches. He had to wear a leg brace for 8 years, and doctors didn't think he would ever walk properly again... let alone be part of the greatest fast break of all-time. What a story.

Michael Cooper was nominated for the HOF, so I was reading about him a little bit. When he was three years old, he somehow severely cut his knee on a coffee can lid, and required 100 stitches. He had to wear a leg brace for 8 years, and doctors didn't think he would ever walk properly again... let alone be part of the greatest fast break of all-time. What a story.
Interesting. How do you fit 100 stitches on a knee? The human spirit is amazing.

(My cousin had 144 stitches in his arm after putting it through, then pulling it out of, a storm door window. Almost bled to death, but for a Trooper who was a block away when the emergency call went out. The guy literally tied off the blood flow to the arm until EMTs got there.
No NBA for him, but he did go on to become a local orthopedic surgeon.)

I'm going to sound like a grumpy Boomer right now, but I find NBA all-star weekend these days to be just an exhausting sensory overload. I like watching old all-star games on NBATV, and I love the simplicity of them. There's way too much filler now that has nothing to do with basketball.
I make a couple gambling picks on the 3 pt. contest (this year I got both Mitchell and Brunson at 7-1) and watch that. Other stuff pass.

I make a couple gambling picks on the 3 pt. contest (this year I got both Mitchell and Brunson at 7-1) and watch that. Other stuff pass.
It's a fun gambling opportunity for sure. I think I am taking Trae Young and KAT

It's a fun gambling opportunity for sure. I think I am taking Trae Young and KAT
Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

He’s shooting a higher percentage from three than everyone in the field.

I'll watch, but obviously this is a glorified shoot/dunk around. Wish it got competitive late and sometimes it does. I understand not wanting injury, but wish there was more incentive to play hard. Also wish players wore their team jerseys.

Bucks just aren't good enough, especially defensively. Also I know people love Dame, but I have always been in the group that thought his numbers were impacted by being the only Alpha on a team with no pressure to do anything. He is atrocious defensively, and it is a problem.
They've lowkey been very good defensively since Doc took over; I think around top 5-10 in the league. The issue is they simply can't score right now with Middleton out and Lillard forgetting how to play basketball. We'll never know for sure what kind of offers were out there, but it feels like holding on to Bobby Portis and Pat Connaughton was probably a mistake.

They've lowkey been very good defensively since Doc took over; I think around top 5-10 in the league. The issue is they simply can't score right now with Middleton out and Lillard forgetting how to play basketball. We'll never know for sure what kind of offers were out there, but it feels like holding on to Bobby Portis and Pat Connaughton was probably a mistake.

Cleaning the glass has them 21st in offense and 14th in defense since Doc took over, fwiw. He's really helped their transition D, they were 29th in % of possessions in transition under Griffin, they're 3rd since Doc took over

They do have a Portland second, I wonder if pairing that with Portis and/or Connaughton could've gotten them something.

Cleaning the glass has them 21st in offense and 14th in defense since Doc took over, fwiw. He's really helped their transition D, they were 29th in % of possessions in transition under Griffin, they're 3rd since Doc took over

They do have a Portland second, I wonder if pairing that with Portis and/or Connaughton could've gotten them something.
I know there were reports that Dallas was offering Grant Williams and a first for Portis but Milwaukee wanted more value than that.

What with showing things other than the on court action while the game is being played??

211-186. why bother? Just have Saturday.
Idk if it was just because I was a kid but I really looked forward to the All Star games in the late 90s early 2000s. I don’t even bother to turn any of the weekend’s events on anymore. It’s just horrible unfortunately.

I have my problems with the NBA in general, but there’s at least watchable games each night in the regular season. All star weekend is really something else.

Idk if it was just because I was a kid but I really looked forward to the All Star games in the late 90s early 2000s. I don’t even bother to turn any of the weekend’s events on anymore. It’s just horrible unfortunately.

I have my problems with the NBA in general, but there’s at least watchable games each night in the regular season. All star weekend is really something else.
There are bc there are so many games but there are also so many blowouts. I’ve watched the least amount of nba in a long time this year. Hoping playoffs are great though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom