2023-24 NBA Season | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Not to mention these video reviews. What are they even looking at on some of them? Baffling decisions - and not just talking about the Divincenzo one.
After one of the reviews, the ref said the contact was "marginal" on a reversal. I thought to overturn it was supposed to be conclusive. Marginal is a squishy word.

All I know is, when I was watching the game in real time, I was blown away at the physicality and no-calls during those last couple possessions. I felt like I was watching a rugby game. It was so chaotic that I wasn't even sure who was fouling and being fouled.
Refs are definitely allowing more physicality

Celtics game on Sports Boston is about a minute ahead of the national feed

Celts starters are a bit off tonight. Not playing together.

Holliday has been bad tonight, but his three point defense has been atrocious

No matter how mediocre Miami is, they always find a way to create havoc come playoff time.

I am somewhat fascinated by OKC and whether they will start to push a lot of assets this summer to get an additional all-star level player. They have the cap space and the assets to do it.

What do you think OKC will do this offseason?
They aren't budging off the core of SGA, Williams, Holmgren. But do you make a home run play to add a 4th piece to that core?
What I really like about that core is that they are all above average / very good defenders.

A few options
1) Use Cap Space (which could easily get to about $50M) Right now they are projected at $22M cap space from what I saw. And another $20-30M can be easily cleared by moving guys like Dort (16.5M), Kendrich Williams (6.8M) and opting out of guys like Waters Wiggins. Easy to clear space when they have 11 or 12 future firsts they can move.

Problem is there is not much attractive.
Obviously if Lebron wants to go ring hunting, this is where to go. But that is seemingly unrealistic.
Do you make a play at Siakam?
Klay Thompson as a complimentary piece.

2) Go for a big trade to get a "4th" core player.
You have 11 or 12 future firsts to move.
Good value cap fillers in Dort (16.5), Cason Wallace (5.6), Dieng (5.0), Giddey 8.4M, Kendrich Williams 6.8M - plus you don't have to give up matching salaries since you are under the cap.
It's pretty easy for them to come up with a very good offer for a prospective Free Agent in 2025-2026, who they then try to extend.

3) Or just to stick to the plan, let this core 3 be the core 3 and don't confuse things by adding somebody else, and look at guys like Cason Wallace, Giddey to grow into that 4th piece.

I am somewhat fascinated by OKC and whether they will start to push a lot of assets this summer to get an additional all-star level player. They have the cap space and the assets to do it.

What do you think OKC will do this offseason?
They aren't budging off the core of SGA, Williams, Holmgren. But do you make a home run play to add a 4th piece to that core?
What I really like about that core is that they are all above average / very good defenders.

A few options
1) Use Cap Space (which could easily get to about $50M) Right now they are projected at $22M cap space from what I saw. And another $20-30M can be easily cleared by moving guys like Dort (16.5M), Kendrich Williams (6.8M) and opting out of guys like Waters Wiggins. Easy to clear space when they have 11 or 12 future firsts they can move.

Problem is there is not much attractive.
Obviously if Lebron wants to go ring hunting, this is where to go. But that is seemingly unrealistic.
Do you make a play at Siakam?
Klay Thompson as a complimentary piece.

2) Go for a big trade to get a "4th" core player.
You have 11 or 12 future firsts to move.
Good value cap fillers in Dort (16.5), Cason Wallace (5.6), Dieng (5.0), Giddey 8.4M, Kendrich Williams 6.8M - plus you don't have to give up matching salaries since you are under the cap.
It's pretty easy for them to come up with a very good offer for a prospective Free Agent in 2025-2026, who they then try to extend.

3) Or just to stick to the plan, let this core 3 be the core 3 and don't confuse things by adding somebody else, and look at guys like Cason Wallace, Giddey to grow into that 4th piece.

As a Knick fan I think there’s a chance they make a run at Hartenstein. Not sure it makes total sense since Chet is likely a 5 but he’s a good player. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

You know, Paul George is a pending FA…

As a Knick fan I think there’s a chance they make a run at Hartenstein. Not sure it makes total sense since Chet is likely a 5 but he’s a good player. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Hartenstein is going to make some $. Impacting games without needing shots is so valuable.

If don't get a 4th "core" player (which could make sense given future cap implications in 2 or 3 years), there is no excuse for them to have any holes in their top 8/top 9 rotation next year. They have a chance to use that cap space and got mega picks.

Use cap / trade draft picks to get very good rotation players that go out a few years only.

Hartenstein would make lots of sense in this context.

Embiid not getting calls. The charge was clear, but he got hit hard on that previous foul line jumper he hit.

Embiid not getting calls. The charge was clear, but he got hit hard on that previous foul line jumper he hit.
Surprised they're not sitting him the last few minutes with three fouls... And that's a block

Anyone see the seats Pat Riley had at the garden last night? My son and I sat in the exact seats a couple weeks ago when we saw the Celts beat the Kings.

Banchero-31/14/5 leading Orlando with a huge win over Cleveland. And more importantly, no turnovers. He did some good things for my fantasy team, but this could have been his best overall game.

I never had an opinion on Embiid before this series, but wow, he’s unlikable. First, there was the whining and excuse-making. That was tolerable and somewhat expected for a team that’s down. But to do that and then instigate confrontations with Knicks players, mock/taunt guys, knee a dude in the balls and grab and pull the leg of a guy in the air, a guy with a known ankle injury nonetheless, leaves a really bad taste.

I never had an opinion on Embiid before this series, but wow, he’s unlikable. First, there was the whining and excuse-making. That was tolerable and somewhat expected for a team that’s down. But to do that and then instigate confrontations with Knicks players, mock/taunt guys, knee a dude in the balls and grab and pull the leg of a guy in the air, a guy with a known ankle injury nonetheless, leaves a really bad taste.

He is and always has been a crybaby flopper. Lowry is another one. Maxey is a likeable dude that's enjoyable to watch. Everyone else on that squad isn't worth thinking about.

Denver is the best team pretty clearly to me
I wouldn’t judge anything based on them playing the Fakers. OKC and Minnesota will give them more problems at least. The media playing up this series like the Lakers had a chance was always a joke to me. Every game these two teams play is the same. The Lakers start out hot, get an early lead as Denver coasts, but eventually they turn it on in the second half and it’s all she wrote.

I wouldn’t judge anything based on them playing the Fakers. OKC and Minnesota will give them more problems at least. The media playing up this series like the Lakers had a chance was always a joke to me. Every game these two teams play is the same. The Lakers start out hot, get an early lead as Denver coasts, but eventually they turn it on in the second half and it’s all she wrote.

Come on, the Lakers had the most competitive sweep of all time with Denver last year! Give them some credit

I have had two opportunities to watch clown Embiid in a playoff series. (2019 where he cried afterwards) and 2022 (where he was dirty all series (hurt two players), was flopping all series, whining all series during and after games via media - he was ultimately cheap shotted by Siakam in the final game after flying the airplane down the floor up about 20 and it felt good).

I dislike him more than any player in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom