2023-24 NHL Season Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NHL Season Thread

And this post summarizes the ignorance of those who can't lay large blame on the Core 4 Forwards in Toronto. You want to know one of the prime reasons your D and Goalie Sucks. Because you have limited financial resources to spend on them. That doesn't mean everything was done well putting them together either.

You can overcome that, IF the players you spent the majority of $ resources on perform to expectations. But those core 4 forwards. they always fall a bit short or often way short.

Last edited:
And this post summarizes the ignorance of those who can't lay large blame on the Core 4 Forwards in Toronto. You want to know one of the prime reasons your D and Goalie Sucks. Because you have limited financial resources to spend on them. That doesn't mean everything was done well putting them together either.

You can overcome that, IF the players you spent the majority of $ resources on perform to expectations. But those core 4 forwards. they always fall a bit short or often way short.

Same storey year after year with the leafs. No grit, no D, and no goaltending. Goaltending wins cups

I think the reason why people don’t want to blame the core 4 is simple - once you’ve concluded the core 4 is the primary blame for playoff shortcomings (again?), you’re left with two options:

1) Try again with the same core but hope for a different result next year (which is the definition of insanity).

2) Conclude this team can’t win a cup as constructed, start to dismantle and go through a rebuild.

Unless someone is fully committed to a rebuild, they are either going to find an alternative scapegoat - or they are going to advocate for an insane position.

Wild finish in Nashville tonight. Canucks down 2 with two minutes to go. tie it up, win it a minute into OT. With their third string goalie. I like the Canucks, but I wasn't sure they had that kind of starch.

The Winnipeg goalie will have the most empty award since 1995 David Robinson got abused by Hakeem.

I thought the Tampa goal which Florida successfully challenged last night was obvious interference, the goal which was called interference and Tampa lost the challenge was closer but unlikely to be overturned. Curious what others thought.

Cooper complaining about it after the game was to be expected, but he went in a weird direction and ended up at “the league wants more goals so we should allow uncalled interference in the playoffs - goalies should get beat up just like the players”. Great coach, I get his frustration and agree with some of his issue -but it really shows how asking questions of people after a tough loss when they haven’t had a chance to formulate the idea in their head before speaking is an odd and imho unfair expectation we hold coaches and athletes to.

islanders canes tied 3-3 going into the 3rd.
varlamov misplays a face-off and basically gifts the hurricanes the series.
isles lose 3-6 .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom