2023-24 Portal Options | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Obviously doesn't have to be someone currently in the portal, but limiting myself to those guys, a few that sort of stand out:
  • Chuck Harris - DC kid (played in high school a couple miles from me), has played a lot of minutes for Butler the last three years, averaging over 10 points per game each season.
  • Primo Spears - Transferring from Georgetown, already transferred once from Duquesne (where we just brought in Hima) and played in HS at the same school as Woody Newton. Averaged 16 and 5 assists this season (granted Georgetown was awful)
  • Jordan Riley - Another GTown dude. Not sure he'd qualify as "quality" as he was ~130th ranked recruit in his class and only played 15ish minutes per game the last two years for GTown. Mentioning him because he's from Long Island so could potentially be re-establishing a pipeline in the NYC area.
  • Denver Anglin - I think we may have recruited him coming out of high school. NJ kid, top 100 recruit. Barely played for GTown as a freshman.
  • Rafael Pinzon - Transferring from St. Johns where he played 15ish minutes per game the last two years. Came from Long Island where he was a 3 star (outside the top 200).
Looking at names that we recruited in the past (and are not in the portal yet/may not transfer at all):
  • Zion Cruz - lol
  • Kadary Richmond - lol
  • Andre Jackson - feels unlikely
I was going to say imagine it's KR. Lol.

Quality BE guard is one hint. Don’t forget the hint last week that indicated it was a TTO kid. Those two together sure indicate Moore. Is there another quality BE guard that played for TTO?

Quality BE guard is one hint. Don’t forget the hint last week that indicated it was a TTO kid. Those two together sure indicate Moore. Is there another quality BE guard that played for TTO?
Looking at the listed TTO rosters since 2020 Moore is the only one that fits as far as I can see

We aren't going to sign a pg unless Judah leaves. Moore fits perfectly because he can do a bit of everything. He's kind of like Brandon Triche. He'd be a huge pickup.
Yeah he is a big guy. Hits the gym. In 2021 full season he averaged 4.7 boards and like 15pts per, if I saw his stats correctly. He will bring some toughness Reds team.

Regarding Joe... it would seem so strange to see him in a different uni next year. Maybe that's what is best for all parties but I can't help to feel for him. He was overutilized and thrusted in a pg role that wasn't well suited for him. He was also encouraged to shoot whenever he had the itch. Then he gets rips by fans for that. If he would fit on the team next year (in a different capacity), I for one would LOVE to have Joe back. However, I think asking a player to play out their final year in a stepped down role would be tough for anyone to accept.

Chuck Harris was TTO as well right?

Regarding Joe... it would seem so strange to see him in a different uni next year. Maybe that's what is best for all parties but I can't help to feel for him. He was overutilized and thrusted in a pg role that wasn't well suited for him. He was also encouraged to shoot whenever he had the itch. Then he gets rips by fans for that. If he would fit on the team next year (in a different capacity), I for one would LOVE to have Joe back. However, I think asking a player to play out their final year in a stepped down role would be tough for anyone to accept.
If he wants to win he might be willing of a lesser role. Defense will determine if he stays on the floor.

See, I really have no concept of how these values work. How players I’ve never heard of on mediocre teams are worth 6 figures….I don’t understand? Good for them though.

See, I really have no concept of how these values work. How players I’ve never heard of on mediocre teams are worth 6 figures….I don’t understand? Good for them though.
Same, but I think the true amount of money sloshing around revenue sports is hard for anyone to grasp because we have almost zero actual knowledge. It's all dark money.

You gotta think that values and what kids are getting offered will become more known over time. Certainly the recruits and their families know what the going rates are.

Feels like we need one moore guard to put us in a position to win next season...
Yes, but Forward is a sizable concern too. Not even mentioning if Jesse doesn't come back.