2023-24 Portal Options | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

1000%. He would have been a great 4 in the 2-3 but he fits in an up-and-down offense/pressure defense system even better.

Having watched 90% of his games this season I think he will thrive being in a more open offense. Biggest issue with him is that I don’t think he can defend guards at this level. He really struggled (was played out of position for “reasons”) against A10 competition in that aspect when he wasn’t playing the 4 or 5.

I think he would fit perfectly at the 4 here and could give some solid minutes at the 5 if he had to. I am still super high on Tafara as some posts on his recruiting thread show and would LOVE him at Cuse.
Yup exactly, he fits the style Red wants and Red talks about versatility. NOT saying this happens but imagine a team of:

Judah
JJ
Moore
Brown
Jesse

Bench:
Benny
Tafara
Taylor
Copeland
Hima
Carey
Bell

I mean talk about a team that can get up and down the floor and a versatile team with a bunch of different lineups. That’s going to be a tough team to put together and lot of things would need to fall in our favor. But that team is a legit title contender. One can dream, right???

OK I'm late to the party. Who is Moore and why is everyone so high on him?

Probably the biggest driver of Nova’s final four run last year. Tore his Achilles in I think the elite 8 game. Came back this year and championed a terrible Nova team to some huge BE wins down the stretch.
Got it, Thanks!

19B1B455-CD45-43B3-8EBB-DA10BF2865B9.jpeg

Westry seems like a fit at Memphis. Don’t ask me why or how

But but but I was told no way we reach out
Not saying it is or isn’t true but I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t true and we aren’t expressing interest. Already seen it with drew fielder in the last 24 hours and it happens all the time.

Not saying it is or isn’t true but I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t true and we aren’t expressing interest. Already seen it with drew fielder in the last 24 hours and it happens all the time.

Of course, we reached out with a phone call. Our current head coach was his lead recruiter. Will he come here or will he be a fit who knows, but of course Red made a phone call. You have to keep up relationships with everyone.

Are we like Rutgers now when people report we reached out then one of our people say he was never a "take" anyway because he picked another school?

If we didn't reach out to Fielder then Red isn't doing his job, just like if he didn't reach out to Westry.