2023-24 Portal Options | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

when we got destroyed by Illinois last December, Fran Frascilla remarked that the talent level at Cuse wasn’t up to our historical standards. And he said if he was a coach today, he’d put an assistant just in charge of watching other teams play, keeping advanced stats on players at other schools and figuring out who might be a good fit for Cuse when the transfer portal opens. But really the whole staff needs to be doing that.

They're pretty much saying, unless you're an elite prep talent, they're not going to waste time at the high school level.
Right, if I was a coach at SU or another power 6 school, I would rarely recruit a guy outside of the Top 100. So many of these guys are guesses and busts.
Just scout active college players.

Right, if I was a coach at SU or another power 6 school, I would rarely recruit a guy outside of the Top 100. So many of these guys are guesses and busts.
Just scout active college players.
If everyone does this, you will eventually run out of college players. At some point, they do need to come from high school.

If everyone does this, you will eventually run out of college players. At some point, they do need to come from high school.
Get ahead of the curve and then adjust. There are a couple hundred portal entrants who end up w no landing spot. If you have unused scholarships after the portal, you can then sell playing time to high school recruits.

Okay, who does Syracuse really have interest in the portal and which of these have interest in Syracuse?

JJ Starling, ND Yes. YES
Chance Westry, Auburn. Yes. ——-
Ugonna Kingsley, Kentucky
Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
Jaden Bradley, Alabama
John Hugley, Pitt
Khalif Battle, Temple
Other. ????

Last edited:
Just a stupid amount of money being offered this week in the portal

HCAA and staff are seeking the right players for 2023!

F812EBC7-3F01-470D-9EFF-F0489A48BAEC.jpeg