2023-24 Portal Options | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

we will get a quality big. I am sure of it. Whether it’s Hd, cisse, or someone else.

I will say - I have heard Red doesn’t feel his offense needs a “traditional” big.
Sure, but his defense sure as hell needs rebounding and right now our roster might be the worst rebounding team to play D1 basketball.

So I’m curious about the ND big. He knows where he’s going and Red was just in South Bend.

Wonder if JJ is a go-between and we’re going stealth again.

North Texas kid might know we have our guy and took the sure thing at Xavier.

I have NO IDEA if this is the case, but it makes some logical, reading the tea leaves kinda sense.

So I’m curious about the ND big. He knows where he’s going and Red was just in South Bend.

I have NO IDEA if this is the case, but it makes some logical, reading the tea leaves kinda sense.

Yep someone else mentioned this after I posted his announcement. I really like his game and he plays much bigger than 6-8 including showing shot blocking ability. Good size too- strong kid and athlete. His per 40 14/10 and 1.8b

Could be? Someone also I think mentioned on here the possibility of going to see Cisse and made a stop to see JJ on the way? Red does seem to be working in stealth mode...kinda like it!

Yep which is great. I liked the nugget he dropped in the Rothstein interview in how he talks to Judah nearly every day as well.

He also said he wants a center and another guard, maybe two. Implying that even if Judah returns, he probably still wants a 3 pt shooter for the 2G.

Well, this could be a sign of my old age but I don't remember this kid. And I don't remember being
all that impressed with any ND big.

He didn't play a ton of minutes but was impressive when he did that I saw.

Shoot, I disagree. I’d take him back in a heartbeat

Yeah, but he's not that guy he was freshman year anymore. He stopped being that guy his sophomore year toward the end of the year, when he stopped going inside and fell in love with the three.

The advantage of Red being younger and having the energy is huge advantage in recruiting IMO.
To be fair, 99.9% of the coaches in college basketball were younger than JB.

Yeah, but he's not that guy he was freshman year anymore. He stopped being that guy his sophomore year toward the end of the year, when he stopped going inside and fell in love with the three.
That’s coaching. Same thing Knicks are doing with Obi. Asking him to do things he shouldn’t be: shooting the 3 and no post-ups. I’d welcome him back.