2023-24 Portal Options | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I know we are waiting on Jesse but we need another productive guard with Symir, JG gone and Judah's return at 50/50
We need two, especially with Judah likely going to take a while to decide.

Keegan Records from Colgate hit the portal today. He didn’t play huge minutes there, so maybe he’d be amenable to splitting minutes with another big at Syracuse. Plus, he could give the staff some insight on how to stop the Red Raiders.
I have insight: don’t play a 2-3 against the best shooting percentage team in America ;)

So you’re telling us he’s not Akeem?
10 & 6 is not anything to sneeze at.
It’s nothing to sneeze at no. But it’s not “stud” level as another poster stated and that’s what I was responding to. Personally I wouldn’t take him unless we had nowhere else to go. I’ve watched him in person the past several years at most Uva home games.

Is Justin Moore a pipe dream? He’s not in the portal and nowhere has he been mentioned as leaving Villanova.
I believe someone with sources threw it out in the threads but it was started by buzz from a Twitter account alluding to us hiring Straughn saying he was bringing in a transfer from his Team Takeover AAU days and then Andrew Slater tweeted about us being in good shape with a “quality big east guard.”

People were connecting the dots and he seemed to fit all the boxes.

Is Justin Moore a pipe dream? He’s not in the portal and nowhere has he been mentioned as leaving Villanova.
Someone did post an article recently which said Moore was “50-50” about coming back to Nova

It's gotta be difficult recruiting a guard at this point with Judah's questionable status. I assume it will be weeks before he can make an informed decision on NBA vs. returning to the hill.

UNC fans on twitter think they are getting Moore as well.
Yea just read something that they are getting involved. This is all so funny considering he's not even in the portal but I guess this is how this goes down now. Wild west out there! Will be even funnier if he decides to stay put.

Worth noting Bacot is also from TTO, playing together again will be a strong pitch - time will tell which relationship holds Moore weight there

Worth noting Bacot is also from TTO, playing together again will be a strong pitch - time will tell which relationship holds Moore weight there
Yeah Love transferring, and Bacot staying, might make UNC appealing for Moore. I still don't understand why Nova fans are the only ones not talking about Moore possibly leaving. Hope it's true.

Carolina just brought in the 6-5 kid from Brown too. They will be coming in with Wilcher, Davis, the Brown kid..

Keegan Records from Colgate hit the portal today. He didn’t play huge minutes there, so maybe he’d be amenable to splitting minutes with another big at Syracuse. Plus, he could give the staff some insight on how to stop the Red Raiders.

Why would we want a guy who can't crack the regular rotation at Colgate?

Why would we want a guy who can't crack the regular rotation at Colgate?
Keegan was the Second leading scorer and leading rebounder, he played 25 mins a game but shared some minutes with that Woodward kid. He runs the floor really well for a 6'10 bulky guy.

Sounds like someone Pitino will get to come back home.
Slick is going to have St. John's in the Sweet 16 next season. He's got serious backing and legacy and he knows how to get and employ talent.

Interesting, this is a crazy time of year with recruiting and transfer news breaking on the hour. Drew Fielder would be a nice pick up but as with the Justin Moore situation, with the schools involved it is very much up for grabs.