2023-24 Portal Options | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

In light of how things have unfolded with Edwards, I guess the main question I have is -- why does every other school, including those that on paper seem to have fewer resources than syracuse, have their s*** together with respect to NUL, but we don't?

This.. and so many excuses being thrown out there too. Sometimes it truly is a duck...

It must be the fanbase and alums that are accountable though right? We simply haven't donated enough I guess.

Mind you we are asked ( and have done so )to donate to far more than NIL...

And Arinze shot 65% from the field. This is a 6'10" guy who shot sub 50%. Looking at the schools we are going against says it all IMO.
Somewhere around 40% of this guy's shot attempts are 2-point jumpers. I don't know what that % was for Onuaku but I would bet it wasn't nearly that high. Granted it's against much weaker competition, but Ousmane shot around 65% at the rim all three seasons at North Texas.

Edit: Numbers per Hoop-Math.com. They definitely do not match the numbers in the above video.

Last edited:
Somewhere around 40% of this guy's shot attempts are mid-range jumpers. I don't know what that % was for Onuaku but I would bet it wasn't nearly that high. Granted it's against much weaker competition, but Ousmane shot around 65% at the rim all three seasons at North Texas.

Edit: Numbers per Hoop-Math.com. They definitely do not match the numbers in the above video.

Haven't watched a ton of the college basketball scouting vids. Seem well done no idea where the stats are sourced

Somewhere around 40% of this guy's shot attempts are mid-range jumpers. I don't know what that % was for Onuaku but I would bet it wasn't nearly that high. Granted it's against much weaker competition, but Ousmane shot around 65% at the rim all three seasons at North Texas.

That foul rate is something too. I’m not saying he isn’t a decent player, but if this is the 5 we go with next year we may as well forget competing against anyone decent in the ACC.

UNT has been a good mid major program the past 3 seasons having beat Purdue in 20-21 in the NCAAs and winning 24 and 31 games playing in NIT the previous two years.

Again just some nuggets of info not advocating one way or another. Ousmanes per 40 this past year run 18 pts and just shy of 10 rebs.

That foul rate is something too. I’m not saying he isn’t a decent player, but if this is the 5 we go with next year we may as well forget competing against anyone decent in the ACC.
Yeah, to be clear this would in no way be an upgrade lol. The argument in favor of him being a decent transfer target would be:
  • Per 40 minute numbers are legitimately good. As Orangezoo mentioned, 18/10 and he was at 17/10 the year before too. Pretty good shooting percentages too considering the high diet of hook shots/2 point jumpers.
  • Was one of the best players on a team that was dominant amongst its peers (31-7 or something like that this past season and very good the season before as well).
  • Is a Brooklyn native and we know we'd like to get more involved in NYC again.
I would also say I highly doubt the plan would be for him to come in and be fed in the post a ton like he was at North Texas. He seems to have a pretty good feel using his body to seal defenders off/create angles that he can finish with and was a good finisher around the rim. I would think he'd be used more as a finisher rather than an offensive centerpiece, though that may ultimately depend on what our roster actually looks like when the dust settles.

I think he's at least much more promising on paper than Elijah Hutchins-Everett, the guy that Mike Waters had alluded to earlier today as a potential target.

So after day 1 we have one name we are linked to at the moment that we know of... barf...
Yep.

Disgusted Vomit GIF by FaZe Clan

These NIL donors we have that do everything behind the scenes and privately, and not in the public eye like that selfish AW really need to step up apparently, linked to one player so far and it’s an 11&6 player from UNT. This program is living in the stone ages. Zaire said it best, we’re going to get left behind.

So does anyone know if we're trying to get Hunter Dickinson?

I'm guessing if we couldn't afford Jesse, we couldn't compete with Kentucky, Maryland and Georgetown for Dickinson, but I'm hoping someone tells me I'm wrong and they'll offer more to him.

So does anyone know if we're trying to get Hunter Dickinson?

I'm guessing if we couldn't afford Jesse, we couldn't compete with Kentucky, Maryland and Georgetown for Dickinson, but I'm hoping someone tells me I'm wrong and they'll offer more to him.
I would be stunned beyond the Jesse news if we even got a Visit. And if we do, it's his AAU connection. I don't see him coming here.