2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

I hate to agree with this but I kind of do. We currently have a hired HC and that's it, no coordinators/assistants nothing, and I don't even think Fran has stepped foot on campus yet. The last staff are lame ducks and I'm sure are looking for their next jobs already, meanwhile half the team is debating whether or not to portal. How the hell can we reasonably expect to get a team/staff prepared under these circumstances to play a game in less than a month lol.
Yeah, but I don't think the University would do that to the players. There are a lot of bowl related perks for the players, and they are generally treated like royalty by the host city bowl organization.

Yeah, but I don't think the University would do that to the players. There are a lot of bowl related perks for the players, and they are generally treated like royalty by the host city bowl organization.
This. Bowls are a really fun/rewarding time for the players. To suggest the university should skip in this case is ridiculous.

This. Bowls are a really fun/rewarding time for the players. To suggest the university should skip in this case is ridiculous.
Why are you quoting me? I thought the suggestion was absurd and stated as such.

All the talk about declining a bowl is silly. While the arguments to do so on here have some very valid points and are not altogether wrong, no way SU turns down a bowl. A program starving for bowl appearances for 2 decades, a national tv slot (even pre x mas), exposure, 15 more practices for HCFB to evaluate players that might stick around, a few days of royalty for the players. Would SU rather have Fran start off next year coming off a bowl or no bowl? Why wouldn't they want that feather in the cap? Having said that, no way Fran should be coaching any of it. He can evaluate and offer up stuff, but that's it. He needs and deserves a clean 0-0 slate next sept. The current staff are being compensated as paid employees of the program until otherwise notified. If they need to look for new zip codes, they'll have plenty of time to find one that suits them come Jan.

I'm not sure that article is right. If FSU is in the playoff and another ACC school (can't be ND so presumably Louisville) goes to the Orange against a Big 10 school, then the ACC also gets Reliaquest and slides ND in that spot which moves every team up two slots with the next best team going to Pop Tarts.

If FSU is not in playoff and the ACC opponent in the Orange is not Big 10, then the ACC loses Reliaquest. ND or UL would go to Pop Tarts, the other to a lesser bowl than that and everyone else drops two slots.
I think the article is right. Look at McMurphy’s picks for the ACC bowls.

He has the ideal setup, where everything breaks well for ACC schools. VT gets bumped up from the Military to the Mayo Bowl. And Syracuse gets their spot in the Military.

From a recruiting standpoint doesn't it make sense for Boston? I mean our target area is within 300 miles of Fenway Park. Brown can get to the game, start hitting the road, etc. I feel like it makes sense operationally and logistically.

For the kids it stinks to spend Christmas in the fens but maybe playing at Fenway Park will be fun for them. At the end of the day you win 6 games beggers can't be choosers
I would think BC is a lock for the Fenway Bowl, I really think it's gonna be Tampa

Kind of weird two days out that there hasn’t been more leaks. I feel like we usual have a lot better idea of a number of bowl matchups the week before announcement.

Kind of weird two days out that there hasn’t been more leaks. I feel like we usual have a lot better idea of a number of bowl matchups the week before announcement.
It's because so much is still up in the air depending on what FSU does Saturday. If FSU loses, the ACC could lose two bowl spots (playoffs and Reliaquest) that will shake up where teams go.

Feels like Military Bowl with the tie-in for Cuse with the veterans center is a nice play.

I'd like to see the kids go play in a warm weather bowl.

I'm seeing rumblings that FSU might be starting their 3rd string QB.

I agree on the warm weather. I’m hoping that they get Tampa. Not gonna be hot but will be warmer than most. And I’ve also seen reports that the FSU QB might have a concussion and they have to use QB3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom