2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

Really weird to me Twitter seems unified in FSU not getting in. 13-0 and ACC champs. I just can’t see them being left out.
Well Twitter is littered with SEC shills.

Yeah 16-7 doesn’t look sexy but they won the ACC championship against a solid top 15 team with their 3rd string QB. They have an elite defense. Irrespective of how they perform once they’re there or how much of a better team Alabama or Georgia are in theory, FSU deserves to be there.

How does OSU get in over Alabama or Texas who now have conference championships in their resume

Their only loss is to an undefeated #1 team by 6 points. The others all lost to 1 and 2 loss teams.

There may be riots in the south if they do what they should…

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

…………
5. Georgia
6. Bama
Here’s the thing. Texas technically is SEC. So they should just shut the hell up. Unless they’re pissed because UW is technically B1G lol.

Their only loss is to an undefeated #1 team by 6 points. The others all lost to 1 and 2 loss teams.
Uhhhh OSU in is as illogical as it gets. How could they possibly be in over Georgia, when the only reason they have the same number of losses is because Georgia played an extra game? Makes 0 sense.

i dont get how Alabama beating georgia has us, accoridng to some, going from Military all the way to completely out of the ACC bowl chain and getting dumped into an unused Big 10 Bowl in Detroit.

Uhhhh OSU in is as illogical as it gets. How could they possibly be in over Georgia, when the only reason they have the same number of losses is because Georgia played an extra game? Makes 0 sense.

Well then put Georgia in. My main complaint is Texas. If Texas belonged in ahead of OSU they should have been ranked ahead of them already. Texas beating a 4 loss team today means diddly.

i dont get how Alabama beating georgia has us, accoridng to some, going from Military all the way to completely out of the ACC bowl chain and getting dumped into an unused Big 10 Bowl in Detroit.
Its more than that. Georgia losing puts an SEC school in the Orange Bowl. If a Big 10 school had otherwise gone to the Orange, the rules give the ACC the Reliquest Bowl which now the ACC does not get. So that bumps all ACC schools down a bowl peg. Add in FSU not making the playoffs and it bumps all ACC schools down another bowl peg. Since we are one of the bottom ACC schools we could be bumped down pretty far.

Its more than that. Georgia losing puts an SEC school in the Orange Bowl. If a Big 10 school had otherwise gone to the Orange, the rules give the ACC the Reliquest Bowl which now the ACC does not get. So that bumps all ACC schools down a bowl peg. Add in FSU not making the playoffs and it bumps all ACC schools down another bowl peg. Since we are one of the bottom ACC schools we could be bumped down pretty far.
FSU should be in. OSU will not. Playing today mattered. Another year and Alabama and Georgia both make it but Texas beating Bama at Bama should leave them both out.

Well then put Georgia in. My main complaint is Texas. If Texas belonged in ahead of OSU they should have been ranked ahead of them already. Texas beating a 4 loss team today means diddly.
I have no problem with Texas jumping Ohio State. They won a conference championship
Ohio state wasnt even good enough to make it to theirs and did nothing this weekend but sit on their couches. Didnt earn retaining their spot.

I have to admit I've never watched a CFB bowl selection show. Do they announce all the other bowls (i.e. our bowl) before the Final 4? How long do I have to watch to find out our bowl?

Let's discuss something more important than the CFB playoff ;-)

Friday, December 22, 2023
6:30 pm ET, ESPN
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL

Gasparilla Bowl: Cuse vs UCF

A few others

Athletic and CBS Sports has us going to friggin Detroit vs NIU on Dec 26th

Bleacher Report:
Military Bowl Dec 27th
Tulane vs Cuse

BL: no one knows at this point. Fingers crossed we get something decent and vs a team we could beat at less than full strength.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Texas jumping Ohio State. They won a conference championship
Ohio state wasnt even good enough to make it to theirs and did nothing this weekend but sit on their couches. Didnt earn retaining their spot.

It’s not osu fault they are in the same division as Michigan. Texas didn’t do anything except beat a 4 loss team. Why weren’t they ahead of osu already? They also lost to 2 loss Oklahoma. The worse loss of all 1 loss teams.

I have to admit I've never watched a CFB bowl selection show. Do they announce all the other bowls (i.e. our bowl) before the Final 4? How long do I have to watch to find out our bowl?
I dont like that they are doing it this way. You know they are going to probably spend 30 miniutes straight focusing on the top 4 teams...spend maybe 10 min on every other bowl combined, and then spend the last 20 minutes back on the top 4 again

I dont like that they are doing it this way. You know they are going to probably spend 30 miniutes straight focusing on the top 4 teams...spend maybe 10 min on every other bowl combined, and then spend the last 20 minutes back on the top 4 again
More like

30 mins talking about the Top 4
18 mins commercial breaks
6 mins talking NY6 bowls and how SMU or Liberty got screwed
4 mins talking about all the other Bowl games with SEC teams
2 mins the rest on the closing credits scroll.

Texas, Bama, OSU and Georgia. Wow, what a debate for the 1 loss teams.

Texas beat Bama but lost to a 2 loss OU team.
Bama beat Georgia but lost head to head v Texas. Probably the most wins over ranked teams.
OSU lost to number 1 Michigan, so best loss according to final rankings.
Georgia lost to Bama but had won 29 in a row and lost in the “extra” game.

Don’t know What I’d do. All have a decent argument.

Texas, Bama, OSU and Georgia. Wow, what a debate for the 1 loss teams.

Texas beat Bama but lost to a 2 loss OU team.
Bama beat Georgia but lost head to head v Texas. Probably the most wins over ranked teams.
OSU lost to number 1 Michigan, so best loss according to final rankings.
Georgia lost to Bama but had won 29 in a row and lost in the “extra” game.

Don’t know What I’d do. All have a decent argument.
It will be Alabama. Winning the SEC championship trumps everything you laid out. The SEC champ isn’t getting left out. And in reality we all know FSU, despite being undefeated, is the weakest team of the entire 7 teams. They probably should be left out.

I officially have no idea where we are going. McMurphy now has us in yet another I have never heard us in before, the First Responder Bowl in Texas
I think one of the two ESPN guys have projected Syracuse to that game a few times in recent weeks. Seems like Syracuse wants a post Christmas game and Military may not work with yesterday’s results. Now random non ACC bowls are being projected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom