2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

I think the top factors here as far as SU is concerned are

1) date
and
2) what the players want

I believe exams end at SU on 12/19. Any bowl played before Christmas has a major impact on the player’s preparing for and taking finals. I believe in the past they have said this is a major issue and I think it still is.

And I believe SUAD knows the players have been through a lot this year and want to do right by them by letting them determine where they go, as best they can.

I assume the players were polled and voted for Dallas. I bet a bunch of them have never been there.

All speculation on my part.
Serious question. Do other schools not have finals around the same time? Can't SU take some tips from those schools as to how they manage?

The sec homers are gonna lose their minds today if they get left out. Finebaum could have a coronary. The medias love for the sec is sickening. Heather Dinich on espn has fsu 6Th for gods sake.
My Xmas wish is that the SEC is left out.

Especially after how arrogant Snakey's (yes, this is my nickname for him since we seem to be on a nickname kick on the board and two hot coffees is already spoken for) response was yesterday (or maybe earlier in the week) about the SEC getting left out. Said no way it could happen.

My Xmas wish is that the SEC is left out.

Especially after how arrogant Snakey's (yes, this is my nickname for him since we seem to be on a nickname kick on the board and two hot coffees is already spoken for) response was yesterday (or maybe earlier in the week) about the SEC getting left out. Said no way it could happen.
There's definitely an argument that they should be. If the question is resume they should be. If they go for best teams then obviously they shouldn't be

I hate to break it to you guys after all this astute analysis, but it is a 4 hour show (12-4pm).
Ha...just quadruple everything add 6 more bonus minutes to SEC talk and 2 mins closing credits for all the other bowls...remains unchanged

THIS.

A "conference champ" is gonna get left out.
We 'know' Michigan and UDub are IN.

So, then it's FSU, Bama, and TX.

FSU went freaking UNDEFEATED.
Results MATTER.

Texas beat Bama, AT BAMA.
That is also a result that should matter.

It's irrelevant how well FSU would or would not play in the Playoffs.
They EARNED the right to be there, based on their record.
Period. Full stop.

And I am somebody who LOATHES FSU, and wants nothing but bad things to happen to them, and only them, all the time.
Michigan, Washington, and FSU did what they had to do go undefeated.
The only good win Ohio St had was against a bad Penn State team.
The last 2 teams are Texas and Alabama.
Texas beat Alabama on the road, that is the tie breaker head to head.

Serious question. Do other schools not have finals around the same time? Can't SU take some tips from those schools as to how they manage?
I think SU has exams relatively late.

I just looked up a few to conform this.

Georgia’s end December 13th.
Penn State’s end December 15th. So does FSU.

Confirmed finals end at Syracuse on December 19th.

BC’s end December 20th.

The problem isn’t managing exams. It is the academic schedule itself.

I think SU has exams relatively late.

I just looked up a few to conform this.

Georgia’s end December 13th.
Penn State’s end December 15th. So does FSU.

Confirmed finals end at Syracuse on December 19th.

BC’s end December 20th.

The problem isn’t managing exams. It is the academic schedule itself.
Realistic Post XMas...players probably prefer TX

Just a guess

Not liking Detroit projections though.

This. If the “look test” really means that much, take a look at the preseason rankings (AP, ESP/Coaches) and you would come up with the same conclusion. FSU was preseason ranked 7-8 and went undefeated while the majority of the teams ahead of them weren’t as successful. How can you leave them out?

It's basically FSU, Texas and Bama battling for the last 2 spots. If Travis was healthy, there wouldn't be a question of them getting in. Would be thrilled to see an SEC-less playoff, but does the committee have the guts to do it?

Realistic Post XMas...players probably prefer TX

Just a guess

Not liking Detroit projections though.
Those people projected before McMurphy. As far as I can tell, McMurphy has the best info on bowl assignments by a mile. I bet the others, who made their picks before Brett did, will see his and change theirs by the end of the day.

This is all based on what has happened in the past. Maybe Brett is wrong. I am sure there is still some cattle trading and maneuvering to get the best possible matchups.

Again, Brett is basing this on FSU being shunned by the playoff committee. If that changes, and FSU gets in, a lot of other bowl assignments will change and we might well end up in Annapolis.

Bryan Fischer of Fox Sports says Birmingham. I don't see it at all. It's pre Christmas and a meh destination.

At least Tampa you could rationalize selling a bunch of tickets (exams aside). In this case it's bad all around. Dallas.way better

Bryan Fischer of Fox Sports says Birmingham. I don't see it at all. It's pre Christmas and a meh destination.

At least Tampa you could rationalize selling a bunch of tickets (exams aside). In this case it's bad all around. Dallas.way better
Well we are a meh team. Kidding, sorta

What was the ACC record vs the SEC this year? 8-6?

Leave Bama’s and UGA’s bum asses out. If Bama wanted in they should have won at home vs Texas. If UGA wanted in they should have won the SEC ‘ship.

The SEC controls the media and teams shouldn’t make it in because of perception.

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

OSU
Bama
UGA
Oregon

What was the ACC record vs the SEC this year? 8-6?

Leave Bama’s and UGA’s bum asses out. If Bama wanted in they should have won at home vs Texas. If UGA wanted in they should have won the SEC ‘ship.

The SEC controls the media and teams shouldn’t make it in because of perception.

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

OSU
Bama
UGA
Oregon

I wouldn't be surprised if it's UM vs FSU and UW vs Texas. This the best way to appease the TV execs with no SEC in there.

Best win. How about worst loss?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom