2023 Horse Racing | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Horse Racing

Looks like a bunch of off turf racing first weekend at Saratoga, weather looks questionable at best
Like it's not difficult enough without dealing with off tracks, surface changes and changing weather conditions.

Like it's not difficult enough without dealing with off tracks, surface changes and changing weather conditions.

Yeah, I hate days where they come off the turf. What makes Saratoga so tough sometimes is when you play a late pick 4 and 5 and they take the last race or two off the turf last minute and you are left with a bunch of grass horses running on the dirt with horses you handicapped for a grass race. Can be fustrating. Thursday through Sunday going to be so volatile because weather can come so quickly. Going to stick to win bets and doubles

back in the day when every place within 100 miles had DRF and now its hard to find them.

Hit the 46-1 in the sanford for $10.. almost a really huge ticket with the 11-1 just not holding on for 2nd..

not sure why Gold sweep was 1/4 and Yo Yo was 46-1 when they came out of the same race and the 4 was right there but faded in its first run at 5 furlongs..

RIP gutsy Gelding, NY bred. Watched him win at the Finger Lakes with Rich Migliore aboard. 23 years old. went and vistited him at Old Friends a few years ago, still a salty dude.

Pick 4 question. My horse in the 1st race was scratched but then I won the next three races. They say I lost the bet and didn't give me anything. Is that right?

Pick 4 question. My horse in the 1st race was scratched but then I won the next three races. They say I lost the bet and didn't give me anything. Is that right?
You should of got the post time favorite in the first leg

You should of got the post time favorite in the first leg
There was a pick 3 with the same horse that got scratched and they still paid that off (obviously a much smaller amount). And obviously the post-time favorite didn't win.

There was a pick 3 with the same horse that got scratched and they still paid that off (obviously a much smaller amount). And obviously the post-time favorite didn't win.
I know some tracks don’t have consolation payout on pick 4’s but they do on pick 3’s if it’s not the first leg.Keeneland does that.

I know some tracks don’t have consolation payout on pick 4’s but they do on pick 3’s if it’s not the first leg.Keeneland does that.
Never knew that rule. So it matters which leg. That's crazy.

Never knew that rule. So it matters which leg. That's crazy.
Yes, and it depends on the type of wager. Logically, it would seem you should be refunded for any wager where your horse in the first leg is a late scratch, but that isn't the case. Here are the NYRA rules.

Yes, and it depends on the type of wager. Logically, it would seem you should be refunded for any wager where your horse in the first leg is a late scratch, but that isn't the case. Here are the NYRA rules.

Can't believe I never knew that. Thanks.

Can't believe I never knew that. Thanks.
I'm not sure those were always the rules, so don't feel bad. I remember getting fooled more than once when I had late scratches on my tickets.

Forte not getting taken down sat was a Joke and the stewards are getting tons of heat.. Then they turned around the next day and suspend both the Ortiz boys for rough riding.. Forte being allowed to win cost me a couple hundred and it was so blantant.

Felt better when hit the video poker for $2k after that though.

Hate hearing that. Forte was the best horse on the day, and Irad’s bullying tactics were over the top. Truth is, though, without them Saudi Crown never surrenders the lead.

Saratoga calling those 3 turf races off track in the middle of the pick 6 is one thing. It happens...but calling it seconds before the start of the pick 5 and then frantically loading the gate to not let betters void their tickets is despicable.

Last edited:
Saratoga calling those 3 turf races off track in the middle of the pick 6 is one thing. It happens...but calling it seconds before the start of the pick 5 and then frantically loading the gate to not let betters void their tickets is despicable.
when was this? how do you void tickets at the track?

I had a nice ex bet going when Maple leaf got injured.. then the wife rewound the tv and i didnt know and got locked out of the following race.. then she sends me off to get some food and i miss the whitney by seconds so that 1 race cost me 3 wins.

when was this? how do you void tickets at the track?

I had a nice ex bet going when Maple leaf got injured.. then the wife rewound the tv and i didnt know and got locked out of the following race.. then she sends me off to get some food and i miss the whitney by seconds so that 1 race cost me 3 wins.
Today.

you can void all tickets on all OTT apps (tvg, twinspires, etc)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom