2023 Maui Classic | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

Has anyone done anything with the parking passes they purchased through the Maui Invitational folks?

Do we think there will be a shuttle from Waikiki to the games and back?

Do we think there will be a shuttle from Waikiki to the games and back?
I think we are still planning on going, working on switching hotel reservations over now. Gonna need your advice on how to spend our trip before then.

And you and I better be getting after it at some point, as god intended.

And you and I better be getting after it at some point, as god intended.

giphy (1).gif

Already looking forward to the "Hey honey, want to go jump off a cliff with my internet friend?" conversation with the woman
I have told this story before but I went to the Rainbow classic in '95 and watched the Orange beat Ill (and Ryan Blackwell) Rhode Island and lose to Umass. But the major part of the story is that the woman I went with and I didn't speak for two years after the trip. True story. Be careful. Oh, and after the UMass game, we were just hanging around and Coach Cal came over and started talking to us and couldn't have been nicer.

I have told this story before but I went to the Rainbow classic in '95 and watched the Orange beat Ill (and Ryan Blackwell) Rhode Island and lose to Umass. But the major part of the story is that the woman I went with and I didn't speak for two years after the trip. True story. Be careful. Oh, and after the UMass game, we were just hanging around and Coach Cal came over and started talking to us and couldn't have been nicer.
That aligns with what I hear from UMass people. He's apparently a great guy and he genuinely loved being in western Mass.

It's gross but since I've graduated I've found myself cheering for Kentucky a bit. I have a fantasy where Kentucky is dumb enough to can him and he finishes his career back in Amherst. A boy can dream.

That aligns with what I hear from UMass people. He's apparently a great guy and he genuinely loved being in western Mass.

It's gross but since I've graduated I've found myself cheering for Kentucky a bit. I have a fantasy where Kentucky is dumb enough to can him and he finishes his career back in Amherst. A boy can dream.
I met Coach Cal in Louisville 12 years ago and had a similar interaction as dasher.

Told it before?

You've told it five times in this thread alone...

Must be concussions were treated differently in your youth.

Me and my GF are in for this didn’t buy flights Friday when we decided we were going and they went up 40-50% when I went to pull the trigger today.

I think we have to now fly into Maui and then fly Hawaiian air to Oahu to make it work.

Wanted to give them some time with all the craziness they are dealing with so I waited several weeks since the announcement and called today with some questions.

Questions like will the cost be the same, will fans still be at the team hotel, what will the hotel be, game seating questions and the such.

Unfortunately they had zero answers and said they were hoping to find out soon. I'm sure they are scrambling but was hoping for some info.

We're booked and super excited. We need to beat Tennessee bc if we go to the other pod have to miss our 3rd game with a 430 return flight Weds.

Kind of expecting you to need a Hawaii address to get decent priced tickets and otherwise you pay the small venue rate. I can't imagine it sells out or is even half full Stan Sherrif Center is pretty big.

All right, Dasher, tell us what you did.

All right, Dasher, tell us what you did.
This is 100% true. The day before we left, I got really sick. How sick, I went to the E.R. as soon as we landed. I wasn't a real joy to be around. Spent one entire day in bed. But neither was she. Not exactly understanding that I was ill. By the way, I never for a second considered going back to Hawaii for this tournament.

This is 100% true. The day before we left, I got really sick. How sick, I went to the E.R. as soon as we landed. I wasn't a real joy to be around. Spent one entire day in bed. But neither was she. Not exactly understanding that I was ill. By the way, I never for a second considered going back to Hawaii for this tournament.

Well, we have to state the obvious - she traveled all the was to Hawaii with you like women used to travel to Las Vegas to spend a weekend with the Cos (minus the drugs, of course, Dash ...).

But your manhood I'm sure was a big draw to this miss, along with such a romantic location, and special access.

And then things didn't work out, unfortunately for you both. And so to paraphrase: Like the Eastern European gymnast in that episode of Seinfeld where they both have certain "expectations", and then when they hook up, "You are no 'comedian', Jerry Seinfeld!"

"YOU ARE NO JOURNALIST, DASHER," she is alleged to have said.

So sorry for what really went down, but wow, that's just too bad.

Well, we have to state the obvious - she traveled all the was to Hawaii with you like women used to travel to Las Vegas to spend a weekend with the Cos (minus the drugs, of course, Dash ...).

But your manhood I'm sure was a big draw to this miss, along with such a romantic location, and special access.

And then things didn't work out, unfortunately for you both. And so to paraphrase: Like the Eastern European gymnast in that episode of Seinfeld where they both have certain "expectations", and then when they hook up, "You are no 'comedian', Jerry Seinfeld!"

"YOU ARE NO JOURNALIST, DASHER," she is alleged to have said.

So sorry for what really went down, but wow, that's just too bad.
This trip from before some of us were born is turning legendary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom