2023 Maui Classic | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

So it looks like we play Tenn at 2:30pm Eastern on Monday, and if we lose we play 2:30 again on Tuesday. If we win, 8:00pm Tuesday. I think i have that right.

We’re playing at like 930am?

Correct. 9:30am hawaii time

2023-maui-invitational-bracket.jpg

I was always a fan of the previous Maui Jim sponsorship.
EA Sports too.

Have they released upper level GA pricing? Can’t be more than 50/session I hope.

I’m in Chicago for work and have plans to see a band I love later it looks like Florida Atlantic vs Loyola Chicago will have to slot in before that and after dinner it’s 2 miles away from me.

Gross that game isn’t on campus and is at some stupid minor league arena would have been 3 stops on the subway. Guess I’ll come back to the room and watch our game now.

Hope to get some good reports and pictures from everyone going this year.
Thinking outside the box a little... Now that we're going to have the west coast schools and SMU in the league, it would be very cool to do the ACC tourney in Vegas once every 5 years. Won't have to compete with the Pac 12 for the good dates. I bet the B1G is thinking about it.

So it looks like we play Tenn at 2:30pm Eastern on Monday, and if we lose we play 2:30 again on Tuesday. If we win, 8:00pm Tuesday. I think i have that right.
You want to see what they're in for watch the enjoyable tournament game from last year where the Vols beat the snot out of Duke. Better tighten your gloves fellas.

Appreciate the fact they gave Chaminade to Kansas in round 1. The NET impact won't matter to the Jayhawks. After a top 10 team in Tennessee on Monday the Cuse draws Gonzaga or Purdue on Tuesday

fe3.jpg

Pearl Harbor attack happened early morning on 12/7/41. IIRC.

Really wish we could have had the overseas trip this year. Even . That would be sooo helpful with new group and system. Really unfortunate

Pearl Harbor attack happened early morning on 12/7/41. IIRC.

Really wish we could have had the overseas trip this year. Even . That would be sooo helpful with new group and system. Really unfortunate
Even Canada I meant to say

Appreciate the fact they gave Chaminade to Kansas in round 1. The NET impact won't matter to the Jayhawks. After a top 10 team in Tennessee on Monday the Cuse draws Gonzaga or Purdue on Tuesday

fe3.jpg
What movie is that picture from?

Hope to get some good reports and pictures from everyone going this year.
Thinking outside the box a little... Now that we're going to have the west coast schools and SMU in the league, it would be very cool to do the ACC tourney in Vegas once every 5 years. Won't have to compete with the Pac 12 for the good dates. I bet the B1G is thinking about it.
We can reunite and cause some havoc!

What’s everyone’s plan for getting to the arena? Anyone hear of any shuttles? Just gonna roll with the Uber? Should we try to charter something?

I don’t think getting there will be tough, but i imagine trying to Uber out could get gnarly.

What’s everyone’s plan for getting to the arena? Anyone hear of any shuttles? Just gonna roll with the Uber? Should we try to charter something?

I don’t think getting there will be tough, but i imagine trying to Uber out could get gnarly.

Great question a shuttle would be nice, I’ll take 3 seats for the family if one gets organized

It's very early however assuming Tennessee will be too much for us- it's likely we would play the Zags in game 2 if we lose to the Vols and that is a winnable game. Right now Gonzaga looks more like a top 40 team not top 15. Not saying we do if it comes to that but Zaga without Timme right now is a team that is pretty mediocre by their standards.

Last edited:
We're running into the best team in the country. What a test for Red. Judah and JJ are going to have to play a perfect game and someone is going to need to be unconscious from three.

I think it's silly to have any real expectations going into this so Red and the guys are getting a free roll to announce themselves on the national stage. I am very excited.

And if Tennessee/Purdue happens I will be in the gym because that might be the game of the season.

We're running into the best team in the country. What a test for Red. Judah and JJ are going to have to play a perfect game and someone is going to need to be unconscious from three.

I think it's silly to have any real expectations going into this so Red and the guys are getting a free roll to announce themselves on the national stage. I am very excited.

And if Tennessee/Purdue happens I will be in the gym because that might be the game of the season.
Tennessee better than Kansas?

I think so but I might be a bit blinded by my dislike for one Hunter Dickinson

Tennessee has been really aided by bringing in the transfer Knecht. He's kind of the the 5th year version of Justin Taylor. Kid does it all and was a huge pickup. I don't think they are better than Kansas and we will see if Tennessee can keep on the run of play they have going right now relying heavily on that specific kid.

Tennessee has been really aided by bringing in the transfer Knecht. He's kind of the the 5th year version of Justin Taylor. Kid does it all and was a huge pickup. I don't think they are better than Kansas and we will see if Tennessee can keep on the run of play they have going right now relying heavily on that specific kid.
The biggest worry before the season was how much Knecht would hurt the defense but it looked pretty damn good with him on the court last night at Wiscy. Need to see other teams at the top play better competition still. Dook is at least a tier below the top of the sport right now after watching them last night.

Maui is probably the best early season tournament field ever. It is going to be awesome and I think this entire season is going to be really fun.

The biggest worry before the season was how much Knecht would hurt the defense but it looked pretty damn good with him on the court last night at Wiscy. Need to see other teams at the top play better competition still. Dook is at least a tier below the top of the sport right now after watching them last night.

Maui is probably the best early season tournament field ever. It is going to be awesome and I think this entire season is going to be really fun.

Hopefully Red and the guys take advantage of the fact there won't be any stretch of games all year that will be as much of a challenge. They won't see defense like Tenn, a big man like Purdue or coaching like Gonzaga all year either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom