2023 Maui Classic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

Okay, I went to hawaii for the 1996 tournament. Let's start with the woman I took, well, we didn't speak for two years after the trip. No kidding. And who did we face in Hawaii. Ill. with Ryan Blackwell and Rhode Island and UMass. Yep. I went all the way to Hawaii to watch the Orange play two New England teams. I will not be in Maui.
She kick you in the knee?

Maui was wonderful. It became over-run with tourists. With covid the Island might be a bit less crowded.

Anyone who has been to the tournament in recent years, what type of $$$ are we talking for the whole 'Maui experience'?
Total not sure because I used miles flying basically free. However, my VRBO rental for a week was 1100 dollars and it was on the beach and gorgeous views. Of course this was in 2013 probably more now.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that this is a golf trip with my brother that wraps up with basketball. For those who have gone, what is the best way to get tickets?

JB said he would never come back to Maui for this tournament after we won in 2013. Said it in the postgame interview with Bilas. We shall see.

Total not sure because I used miles flying basically free. However, my VRBO rental for a week was 1100 dollars and it was on the beach and gorgeous views. Of course this was in 2013 probably more now.
I just looked, one bedroom condos are starting at $1200 a week. Pretty good for a trip to paradise.

JB said he would never come back to Maui for this tournament after we won in 2013. Said it in the postgame interview with Bilas. We shall see.
JB turns 80 about 6 months after that Maui season ends, so this makes sense -- can't really see him coaching two more seasons. But it sure would be a nice retirement vacation with Julie!

This will be my 50th state. Good time to travel there shouldn’t need to take vacation.

Holy smokes hotels are pricey there though I watched White Lotus on HBO and started to peruse hotels out there before this announcement and everything is a grand per night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom