2023 MLB Season | Syracusefan.com

2023 MLB Season

play ball christmas movies GIF

Love the pitch clock! 2:14 game time and home by 10:30
Cleveland pitcher Karinchak got rattled after a time penalty...
M's win 3-0

Are there people upset with the pitch clock? It is going to save baseball.
I'm sure there are some traditionalists that don't like it, but I love it. I don't need to waste an hour watching the batters step out of the box after every pitch and the pitcher taking forever just to throw.

The Rays continue their winning ways.

The Rays continue their winning ways.

Now they are 10-0 and winning by 6 runs a game! Not scoring 6 runs a game - WINNING BY 6 RUNS A GAME!

Now they are 10-0 and winning by 6 runs a game! Not scoring 6 runs a game - WINNING BY 6 RUNS A GAME!

Mad Dog had a good point yesterday - they played against Detroit, Washington and Oakland in their first 9 (6 of those at home). The streak is impressive but they aren't mowing thru the beasts of the league.

Mad Dog had a good point yesterday - they played against Detroit, Washington and Oakland in their first 9 (6 of those at home). The streak is impressive but they aren't mowing thru the beasts of the league.
Imagine feeling the need to pee on a nice accomplishment.

They are major league teams.

Baseball Refence.com is wonderful. The Mets have twice scored 6 runs in an inning with 1 hit. Their stat guy looking to see if that had ever happened before, found an inning in 1959 when the A;s, (then in Kansas City), gave up 11 runs on one hit in an inning. I was able to find it within a minute:

It's the 7th inning: error, error, single with a third error, walk, steal, walk, walk, walk, groundout, walk, walk, walk, hit by pitch, walk, strike out, walk, walk, ground out. 10 walks, 3 errors, 1 hit batter, one single. They'd had a 6-1 lead at one point and lost 6-20. Manager's hair out.

The names: The White Sox had Hall of Famers Nellie Fox, Luis Aparico and Early Wynn. They won the pennant this year before losing to the Dodgers in the World Series. Johnny Callison and Norm Cash were great young prospects who went on to success with the Phillies and Tigers. For the A's this was Roger Maris' last year before joining the Yankees and winning the next two MVPs. he ahd a home run but also one of the errors. Whitey Herzog was in left field and the centerfielder was Bill Tuttle, who later had a stint with the Syracuse Chiefs before retiring in the mid-60's. later he became the poster child for what can happen when you chew tobacco and he died with cancer of the jaw.

Might’ve been discussed before, but is anyone finding an issue with lack of coverage?

Like most sports these days, MLB games are spread across too many apps/channels. I’m not willing to shell out $150 for mlb tv at bat. Our regional sport network where I live when bankrupt (with most of the others)

What are people’s solutions? I believe mlb tv app gives you one free game a day for non-paying customers).

I have YouTube tv so I believe I will have the fox doubleheader on Saturday (fox and FS1), Sunday night baseball and Monday night baseball (on FS1)?

The Las Vegas A's seem inevitable

The Las Vegas A's seem inevitable
Feel bad for my uncle and cousin who live in Oakland and have been longtime A's fans, but this has lingered on FAR too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom