2023 NFL Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Did I just hear that right that the NFL is mandating players wear the Guardian helmets for the upcoming season?

The NFL is so hilarious. We get it. You can do whatever you want and it doesn’t matter because we will consume. But just stop with the lies about caring about player safety.

NFL approved a policy change so that teams could now be scheduled for TWO Thursday night football games instead of the one they were limited to up till now. Then Roger throws us this tremendous quote

“I hear from a lot of players directly, too. They love the 10 days afterward. In fact, they call it a mini-bye, so there are benefits on that. You have different views. We want to consider all of them. Players have their views. Coaches have their views. We have to try to balance all of that.”

This moron is basically saying players tell him
How great it feels when you stop hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. The solution isn’t to schedule more sessions of hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

As far as balancing … what’s he taking about? There is no balance here. Coaches and players overwhelmingly hate playing on Thursdays. HATE IT.

This Lamar situation is generating some truly terrible takes:

338037447_763389331911478_5733923099704031695_n.jpg

It's unfortunate that he's literally cost himself tens of millions over the past couple years:

Looks OBJ to the Jets is heating up. Met in Arizona. Now going to meet in NY, talk Rodgers/offense/role, take a physical, and work on a deal.

Looks OBJ to the Jets is heating up. Met in Arizona. Now going to meet in NY, talk Rodgers/offense/role, take a physical, and work on a deal.
Yes . Do it . Load up on a bunch of past their prime name dudes. Always works out. I say this as a bills fan

So this OBJ/Ravens signing is a plot twist. They block the Jets from signing him. But as of right now the Ravens don't have their franchise QB. Is this supposed to make Lamar want to come back now? Unless the Ravens money to Lamar talks... I think not.

surprised there has been no talk about the new Sunday ticket plans they announced.

1) costs more than before
2) will not be in 4k
3) limited to 2 streams
4) Red zone will cost more
5) No student pricing
6) still no single team pricing

huge step backwards for me as I had Directv. Watch less games, pay more money..

Haven't had Sunday ticket in ages. I'm fine with the NFL Network produced Red Zone channel hosted by SU grad Scott Hanson.
Me neither. All the Giants games are on, and between two other games on Fox/CBS every Sunday afternoon, SNF, MNF, and TNF…there’s already more football on than I care to watch.

But if I lived in a market where I couldn’t watch all my favorite team’s games I guess I’d have no choice but to spring for it.

every thing people watch with sports is on a delay is 54 secs an issue.. Most feeds are 30+ secs behind any way. Directv is behind real time and the directv stream is anothr 15-20secs behind that. Xm radio has a huge lag as well.

Anyone who bets knows the lag is often 60secs or more.

Nissan Stadium was built in 1999 so obviously, it's a piece of crap that needs to be replaced and naturally, there's $1.2 billion in public financing to do so.

Just a gut feeling but I see this as similar to the Favre trajectory in that he has 1-2 really great seasons left in the tank before taking a nose dive.
He wasn’t good last year. I think at best they are the third best team in that division. 9-8 seems about right.

Last edited:
Jake Haener is the second best QB in the draft and I wouldn't be surprised if his career is as good or better than Bryce Young's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom