2023 NFL Thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

This is pretty cool. Some interesting replies too.

If that be the case , dolphins secondary is inept since there aren’t any switch QBs

i think there is zero chance this did anything but perhaps make them think he was rolling out. you think they went hey he is gonna throw left handed lets break coverage.

God I love Lamar. One of my favorites ever.

Steelers get to 10 wins (10-7) with a -20 point differential. Crazy.

They still need help to get into the playoffs. If they make it, they'll likely be without Watt who sprained his MCL.

Tomlin also makes it 17 straight non-losing seasons.

Pittsburgh should have started Rudolph all year. He‘s a lot better than Pickett or Trubisky.

I hate goats!

No, I don't hate the guys who become goats, (players who fail to make plays at the end of critical games). I hate that one guy seemingly takes all the blame when there were 100 plays in which 100 things that could have been done better mattered and most of the guys who play made those 100 plays. It's important that the guys who did come over to the 'goat' and make that point and apparently the Colts did.

"I'm going to go talk to my parents," a tearful Goodson said in a somber locker room. "They're probably the only people that are loving me right now...

...It shows that the guys love me, and I love the guys that are here," he said. "It happens. I wish I would have made that play. I wish I could have made the play for this team and we could have a better result. But at the end of the day, that's not God's story. That's not what He had written."

Maybe it's the coach's fault for setting up a play for a guy who had been on the practice squad until the Colt's 13th game, had been on the field for 45 plays since and had not touched the ball in the game. He's touched it now...

Last edited:
not an easy catch.. had he known for sure he could just catch and fall that would have helped. but if he does that and falls down just short thats not good either.. not a very good throw.

Just what we needed was another stud qb in the AFC. Thanks Panthers. You can blame the idiot owner but most of the "draft/film guru, football guys" were in agreement. The evals were so negative on Stroud. Yet another example nobody knows anything.

Man… feel for that guy who dropped that pass. Granted it was a little behind him for sure.
You need one damn yard I just give it to Jonathan Taylor, but I'm a simpleton like that.

Just what we needed was another stud qb in the AFC. Thanks Panthers. You can blame the idiot owner but most of the "draft/film guru, football guys" were in agreement. The evals were so negative on Stroud. Yet another example nobody knows anything.
They justified passing on Stroud by him not doing so great on some new fangled cognitive test. He's processing OK to me. Lovie Smith's bleep you week 18 win last year paid great dividends for Houston.

I hate goats!

No, I don't hate the guys who become goats, (players who fail to make plays at the end of critical games). I hate that one guy seemingly takes all the blame when there were 100 plays in which 100 things that could have been done better mattered and most of the guys who play made those 100 plays. It's important that the guys who did come over to the 'goat' and make that point and apparently the Colts did.

"I'm going to go talk to my parents," a tearful Goodson said in a somber locker room. "They're probably the only people that are loving me right now...

...It shows that the guys love me, and I love the guys that are here," he said. "It happens. I wish I would have made that play. I wish I could have made the play for this team and we could have a better result. But at the end of the day, that's not God's story. That's not what He had written."

Maybe it's the coach's fault for setting up a play for a guy who had bene on the practice squad until the Colt's 13th game, had bene on the field for 45 plays since and had not touched the ball in the game. He's touched it now...
Just like mo mo baseball managers who put in a PH in the bottom of the 9th who hasn't had a real game AB in 2 weeks.

I do not miss Louis Riddick on MNF.
as much as I hate that weasel storz grad Orlovsky he was making good points about dumb OCs having successful plays then going away from them.

Dan Campbell losing his 2nd best offensive weapon because he played his starters with the division already locked up was a pretty meatheadish decision.
Yep let Laporta get the rookie record - fine. But then get him out of there!

Lawrence is bizarro Tua, every single money down throw goes to the sideline no matter what.

Tossed together a 10 player TD parlay and the first 5 have hit. Could cash out for like 25x what I put in (which was only $5 lol), or let it ride. Going to let it ride..

Tossed together a 10 player TD parlay and the first 5 have hit. Could cash out for like 25x what I put in (which was only $5 lol), or let it ride. Going to let it ride..
I figured a lot of people would start doing this since that guy hit last week for $500K. Here's to hoping you hit it

I figured a lot of people would start doing this since that guy hit last week for $500K. Here's to hoping you hit it
Yeah was just messing around. Feel like those bets aren’t for just profiting some, plenty of other bets to do that. Why not let it rip for a huge payday?

Yeah was just messing around. Feel like those bets aren’t for just profiting some, plenty of other bets to do that. Why not let it rip for a huge payday?
Exactly, especially when you're not putting up a lot. That's my theory on why I only do DFS now, a bunch of $3 and $5 lineups could one day be a giant payout and it's all way worth it. No harm, no foul

Is there any team in sports that loses as many critical games at home over the years as the Packers? I know it's early but they're losing to the Bears.

I love this concept of teams out of contention making decisions that give them the best chance to win only because they have “nothing to lose”

Maybe make those same decisions before you are eliminated ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom