2023 NFL Thread | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Jets gonna jet

From 20-0 lead to down 28-27 against a pitiful opponent

Pulled a Wade Phillips/Ralph Wilson benching Dak who carried me to the playoffs for Fields. And it paid off! Fading the kickoff return as a 95% favorite remains to be seen.

Fourth-round pick Chad Ryland. How is that possible

Have a hard time faulting Dak when his left tackle appeared to have money on the phins today.

Ultimately the GM and his son are the ones responsible. Every single year Smith gets hurt and every single year they have backups that don't belong in the league.

Big Mike did Dak no favors with his play calling either.

That said, other than Philly, in the past 5 years, Dak doesn't beat winning teams on the road.

Now not all of that is on him but he's basically Kurt Cousins with a tan. Nice guy, middle of the road QB who cannot get it done in a big spot.

He cannot carry a team.

Really perplexing catch ruling in this Sunday nighter. Ball hits the ground and basically gets pinned to his body off the bounce. I don’t get that one at all.

So I completely called TLaw being overrated based solely on his game against us in 2019 when he only threw jump balls to his receivers and of course they caught them over our tiny DBs.

Generational QB prospect.

So I completely called TLaw being overrated based solely on his game against us in 2019 when he only threw jump balls to his receivers and of course they caught them over our tiny DBs.

Generational QB prospect.
the National championship game he was airmailing everyone. jhes just a big dude with a big arm, athletic, and move. But he's not some special guy in terms of the nuances of the position.

Jags have been a really weird team this season. I saw that they’re the worst red zone offense since the 0-16 Browns. The fact that they’ve managed a winning record this year is a minor miracle.

It amazing how many people who should undoubtedly be NFL scouts are monitoring this board, all of whom seemingly have opinions that are the opposite of those of people who are actually employed as scouts.

It amazing how many people who should undoubtedly be NFL scouts are monitoring this board, all of whom seemingly have opinions that are the opposite of those of people who are actually employed as scouts.

Almost like calling yourself an NFL scout doesn't mean anything at all

Almost like calling yourself an NFL scout doesn't mean anything at all
Being employed as one does though.

They do obviously miss sometimes regardless. I wouldn’t say Lawrence is a miss though. He’s been a top 10 QB most of the season and was probably top 10 last year too.

Lawrence is average. I’d take him over Carr, but that’s not saying much. He’s 18th in rating and 13th in QBR/YPA. Hardly generational.

Being employed as one does though.

They do obviously miss sometimes regardless. I wouldn’t say Lawrence is a miss though. He’s been a top 10 QB most of the season and was probably top 10 last year too.

Yeah he's not bad but he was hyped as a great

I wish I was still on Twitter/X to troll all the Carr Stans I battled with over the years.
Groupthink amongst NFL personnel people is very real. The Saints gave Carr 25 million per when the Bucs got Baker for 4 just because one player is viewed as a nice guy and the other was viewed as an a$$. Right there is the division.

Groupthink amongst NFL personnel people is very real. The Saints gave Carr 25 million per when the Bucs got Baker for 4 just because one player is viewed as a nice guy and the other was viewed as an a$$. Right there is the division.
I mean, Baker legitimately sucked for a few years before he signed with Tampa. Carr looked like an above average starter coming off a couple good seasons.

The main issue is teams continue to willingly enter QB purgatory where they pay top 10 money for top 20 QB play. It’s maybe the worst place to be in football and teams fall over themselves to join that club every year. Tampa wanted to give that money to Carr too; he just didn’t want Tampa.

I mean, Baker legitimately sucked for a few years before he signed with Tampa. Carr looked like an above average starter coming off a couple good seasons.

The main issue is teams continue to willingly enter QB purgatory where they pay top 10 money for top 20 QB play. It’s maybe the worst place to be in football and teams fall over themselves to join that club every year. Tampa wanted to give that money to Carr too; he just didn’t want Tampa.
One year where he was injured and another with the current worst franchise in the NFL. He won a playoff game in Pittsburgh for Cleveland where he threw for over 300 yards in 2021. That’s more than Carr ever did. Carr is 17 games under .500 for his career. They should have just stuck with Jameis or Hill.

One year where he was injured and another with the current worst franchise in the NFL. He won a playoff game in Pittsburgh for Cleveland where he threw for over 300 yards in 2021. That’s more than Carr ever did. Carr is 17 games under .500 for his career. They should have just stuck with Jameis or Hill.
That’s all true, though Baker also got a handful of starts with the Rams where he looked atrocious too. There’s a reason people were projecting Tampa to be a contender for the first overall pick in the draft this year; it was mostly the QB position.

I do agree New Orleans should have just rolled with Jameis though.

Also in Carr’s defense, he’s appeared to be hurt most of the year much like Baker did the last couple years.

That’s all true, though Baker also got a handful of starts with the Rams where he looked atrocious too. There’s a reason people were projecting Tampa to be a contender for the first overall pick in the draft this year; it was mostly the QB position.

I do agree New Orleans should have just rolled with Jameis though.

Also in Carr’s defense, he’s appeared to be hurt most of the year much like Baker did the last couple years.
The predictions go back to the media/personnel guys and who they choose to like/dislike. Just look at some of the guys who end up being backups and have no business seeing the field. Anyone with a brain should have seen the Carr signing was going to flop. He‘s never won anything. The media likes him so it was never going to get criticized as a dumb signing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom