2023 NFL Thread | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Not really making sense that the 3 oline dudes would go to the ref and not report. 68 clearly talked to the ref.. 70 maybe didnt get there but then he didnt line up or touch the ball anyway?

you have to do it for any play you want to use it and it goes off after every play so why else would they be going to the ref?

so campbell says he did report.. Also something about cant have 2 report but thats not true..

now if 70 reported and line up covered thats not illegal touching, maybe a formation issue. But pretty sure you can do that as well since they do 2-3 Te sets with one covered.

so campbell says he did report.. Also something about cant have 2 report but thats not true..

now if 70 reported and line up covered thats not illegal touching, maybe a formation issue.
He’s saying what the refs told him

He’s saying what the refs told him
the refs said 68 did not report.. the players said he did. and the tape seems to imply 68 reported and 70 barely even got to the ref before he took off if he did report..

why would Goff send 68 to the ref if not to report.

the refs said 68 did not report.. the players said he did. and the tape seems to imply 68 reported and 70 barely even got to the ref before he took off if he did report..

why would Goff send 68 to the ref if not to report.
I’m not suggesting what happening. I’m explaining that Campbell was saying what the refs told him about the 2 reporting on the same time

every play you have to report.. so for him to go to the ref and not report is weird.

Sheff is reporting the players said 68 report and not 70 who ran in late and never got close to the ref, but maybe it confused things.

70 clearly was the upset dude after the play

could you even hear the ref make the announcement.

I know there was one game this year where the other team ran an oline dude out there and he didnt report and he lined up and they didnt announce anything and no penalty was called.

usually the refs announce it given time.

and another report shows that 70 says he never said a work which from the replay makes sense as he never even got to the ref..

he clearly was the player most pissed off.

That call was DUBIOUS at best. I need to hear Campbells take after this game

Imo, the lions outsmarted themselves. They had 2 lineman walking towards the official, one of which had no intention of reporting. They then ran 70 on the field at the ref to report as well.

They tried to hide 68 reporting and they did it so well they hid him from the ref too.

the players say 68 reported and 70 did not.. and from the tape thats what it looks like.. 68 was in the refs face.. hard to hide that and the ref walks away before 70 even gets close.

Imo, the lions outsmarted themselves. They had 2 lineman walking towards the official, one of which had no intention of reporting. They then ran 70 on the field at the ref to report as well.

They tried to hide 68 reporting and they did it so well they hid him from the ref too.
I mean, only one of the three players told the ref they were reporting as eligible. Refs can’t just assume that anybody running in their direction is trying to report lol. Either way you slice it, the refs messed up. Detroit tried to make it more confusing because they wanted to confuse the defense who wouldn’t have been able to hear who was reporting but the ref certainly could have if he had simply listened to the player that was speaking to him from inches away.

It is the player's job to make sure the ref knows they are reporting as eligible.

Obviously

That did not happen.
Sorry, I just disagree and I wanted the Cowboys to win. Multiple lions say they did let them know. If we can just go “oh the ref didn’t hear them”, that’s literally what the wwe does with steel chairs. If we’re all ok with that answer, then prob shouldn’t be gambled on

Why do they have t report at all? If you can fool the other team by switching guys, why shouldn't you be able to do it? Is it any different thana 'stunt' on the defensive line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom