2023 NFL Thread | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

So after watching the rams / lions game well after it was over, seemed like the Rams got jobbed. Stafford took a nice elbow to the head on a late hit….not called.. then on the 3rd and 14, Nucua had his jersey overtly grabbed and he was tugged slightly backwards which clearly effected his ability to go up and catch that pass .. not called . Garbage

And ND football. It is funny but I’ve never met a cowboys fan who likes those teams. Most are just a product of the 70s where you either liked the Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, or Raiders. Local teams were atrocious during those times…..kind of explains why kids in Syracuse don’t like Syracuse hoops/football/lax

This exactly. Bills were terrible when I was a kid. They games were rarely on tv. The 4 teams you mentioned were on weekly. Early 80s brought the Niners as well.

I shake off most of the WNY Dallas vitriol knowing most of them never gave a fig about SU sports

Some of that vitriol is because the Bills lost twice to the triplets in the 90s. One of them being a worse beatdown than Dallas took today.

Last edited:
In the end the Parcels quote about you are, what you are perfectly describes Dak. He is, who is. A good enough player to get there but not good enough to win it.

2-5 post season record and every year ends with him playing absolutely atrocious and looking like he doesn't know how to read a defensive.

Thank god Jerrah will restructure and pay him 60 million for the next 5 years. /S

Given Jerrah's refusal to hold himself accountable as the GM it seems pretty clear that his decision to run Jimmy off in 1994 was entirely about him and his ego and he would rather lose every year rather than admit his errors. We have 28 years of evidence to confirm that.

The really sad part of all this is that Jerrah has ruined every bit of good will he has with the fans and people are going to cheer his death like they did Al Davis'.

In the end the Parcels quote about you are, what you are perfectly describes Dak. He is, who is. A good enough player to get there but not good enough to win it.

2-5 post season record and every year ends with him playing absolutely atrocious and looking like he doesn't know how to read a defensive.

Thank god Jerrah will restructure and pay him 60 million for the next 5 years. /S

Given Jerrah's refusal to hold himself accountable as the GM it seems pretty clear that his decision to run Jimmy off in 1994 was entirely about him and his ego and he would rather lose every year rather than admit his errors. We have 28 years of evidence to confirm that.

The really sad part of all this is that Jerrah has ruined every bit of good will he has with the fans and people are going to cheer his death like they did Al Davis'.
It’s one thing to be not great in the playoffs . It’s another thing to suuuuuuuuukkkk

When I was in high school I watched Lonnie Legette play for Henninger (mid 70s) with Bernie Fine as the HC. He was a very good player - wound up at South Alabama.
Did not know there was an older Legette.

No idea that Bernie Fine coached Henninger either.

How does a kid who grew up in Syracuse in the 60s and 70s become an Eagles fan?

The picks weren’t great, but the Cowboys weren’t winning that game with prime Tom Brady at QB yesterday. Dan Quinn as a head coaching candidate is laughable. The defense got smoked. Rex was all over it this morning.

So after watching the rams / lions game well after it was over, seemed like the Rams got jobbed. Stafford took a nice elbow to the head on a late hit….not called.. then on the 3rd and 14, Nucua had his jersey overtly grabbed and he was tugged slightly backwards which clearly effected his ability to go up and catch that pass .. not called . Garbage
The missed Roughing was a tough one given some of the ticky tac RTP calls we see. I didn't think the Puka PI miss was that bad; looks bad in slow mo from reverse angle. The bogus false start likely cost the Lions pts end of half.

The officials are calling PI significantly less this year and it’s a big reason why scoring is down across the league. It pays to be the more aggressive team on defense. They are basically only calling it when it’s blatant. Not to mention Detroit had a possession taken away at the end of the half for a bogus false start.

And ND football. It is funny but I’ve never met a cowboys fan who likes those teams. Most are just a product of the 70s where you either liked the Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, or Raiders. Local teams were atrocious during those times…..kind of explains why kids in Syracuse don’t like Syracuse hoops/football/lax
I've always said Steeler fans are way more like the Cowboys than they want to admit. All those tear jerking "well the steel mills shut down" stories - Lol right that's why there are 10x more of you than Browns/Lions fans.

I've always said Steeler fans are way more like the Cowboys than they want to admit. All those tear jerking "well the steel mills shut down" stories - Lol right that's why there are 10x more of you than Browns/Lions fans.
This is true. We have a Steelers bar in Syracuse. There’s no bar for any other teams.

My alma mater!

Go Titans!
I remember the Titans...LOL...

Went there in 1983 to play them in soccer my senior year during the regular season. Worst defeat I ever suffered as a player. Won't even bother to say the score. They were simply next level (maybe a few levels) compared to us and our team won the class B section 3 sectional title that year, so we had a pretty good team.

Did not know there was an older Legette.

No idea that Bernie Fine coached Henninger either.

How does a kid who grew up in Syracuse in the 60s and 70s become an Eagles fan?
Like a lot of young kids in that era I liked GB but that wore off and for much of the 70s into the 80s I did not really have one team although I did root for the Bills.

Have lived in the metro NY area for last 40+ years. Moved to Central NJ (about 45 min from the LINC) in late 80s. Got their games on TV with Randall, Reggie etc and that further solidified when they drafted McNabb. I suspect there are more than a few fans in CNY that are Philly fans because they started following them when #5 joined the team. Have been a season ticket holder since the LINC opened 20 years ago.

Like a lot of young kids in that era I liked GB but that wore off and for much of the 70s into the 80s I did not really have one team although I did root for the Bills.

Have lived in the metro NY area for last 40+ years. Moved to Central NJ (about 45 min from the LINC) in late 80s. Got their games on TV with Randall, Reggie etc and that further solidified when they drafted McNabb. I suspect there are more than a few fans in CNY that are Philly fans because they started following them when #5 joined the team. Have been a season ticket holder since the LINC opened 20 years ago.
Lots of Eagle fans in CNY. Heck, I see McNabb jerseys still at Syracuse basketball games. Probably the third most popular team in the area after the Bills and Giants.

Lots of Eagle fans in CNY. Heck, I see McNabb jerseys still at Syracuse basketball games. Probably the third most popular team in the area after the Bills and Giants.
that would be interesting to figure out.. I know a bunch of Browns fans in the older groups. Not many Jets fans.. Still many Dolphin/Cowboys/Pitt fans in the area

that would be interesting to figure out.. I know a bunch of Browns fans in the older groups. Not many Jets fans.. Still many Dolphin/Cowboys/Pitt fans in the area
In my 20’s and early 30’s I spent a lot of time in bars locally watching football on Sundays and Eagles fans outnumbered all of those teams.

The picks weren’t great, but the Cowboys weren’t winning that game with prime Tom Brady at QB yesterday. Dan Quinn as a head coaching candidate is laughable. The defense got smoked. Rex was all over it this morning.

I think people are missing the point with Dak.

You are correct. The defense was hideous and the reason they lost.

But this is the difference between Dak and a great QB. The score was 20-0. (7 of those points thanks to a Dak INT) Your defense was awful, your offense was awful. You are driving with a chance to score before half and get the ball back before half. Pick 6. You just gut punched the whole team with that.

Brady was famously down 28-3 vs ATL. If NE loses that game surely no one blames him, but we know what happened.

Two other games I can think of where the teams lost was Hurts vs KC last year and Allen vs KC in the famous 13 second game. Those QBs KEPT their teams in that game. Dak didn't.

The officials are calling PI significantly less this year and it’s a big reason why scoring is down across the league. It pays to be the more aggressive team on defense. They are basically only calling it when it’s blatant. Not to mention Detroit had a possession taken away at the end of the half for a bogus false start.
DPI calls were up this year. as compared to 2022. I'm not sure how the RTP on Stafford was missed - the same guy (#54) had hit Stafford high and late earlier in the game. The false start call was a bad miss, no doubt, but it kind of felt like Detroit was hanging on for much of the 2nd half.

DPI calls were up this year. as compared to 2022. I'm not sure how the RTP on Stafford was missed - the same guy (#54) had hit Stafford high and late earlier in the game. The false start call was a bad miss, no doubt, but it kind of felt like Detroit was hanging on for much of the 2nd half.
I should have said the last two years specifically. Hard to feel bad for the Rams when they got it in the redzone 3 times and kicked fgs plus they wasted timeouts in the third quarter.

Torodol is legit.
2f901aee-4176-44eb-a29b-0c44c2ab4211_text.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom