2023 NY Mets thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

Met's can't have good things.
Diaz last season and Maurcio this year. Can't even make it through the off season without serious injuries.

Yamamoto.

Get him, I think the team will finish above .500 and might make the playoffs.

Miss out on him, I fear it is going to be a long, tough summer.

Thank God we have Syracuse football to look forward to in September!

Diaz last season and Maurcio this year. Can't even make it through the off season without serious injuries.

Yamamoto.

Get him, I think the team will finish above .500 and might make the playoffs.

Miss out on him, I fear it is going to be a long, tough summer.

Thank God we have Syracuse football to look forward to in September!
I know nothing, but I think Yamamoto goes Dodgers or Yanks.

I know nothing, but I think Yamamoto goes Dodgers or Yanks.
I get the feeling we are going to be disappointed. But I also get that feeling. I am, after all, a Met fan.

It is my destiny to be disappointed.

I get the feeling we are going to be disappointed. But I also get that feeling. I am, after all, a Met fan.

It is my destiny to be disappointed.
This wasn't supposed to happen in the Steve Cohen Era. But maybe he became as rich as he did because he values money.

Last edited:
It looks like the Mets are not planning on making major investments in free agents or doing any trades that strip them of their top prospects this off season.

One exception. Yamamoto. Getting a starting pitcher of his quality and age for nothing but money is too attractive to pass up.

There are reports the Giants and Red Sox have already offered him over $300 million, which might be higher go enough to get everyone else, including the Dodgers and Yankees for participating in the bidding war any longer.

An obscene bidding war is the best chance for the Mets to get Yamamoto. Maybe we have a chance here?

Word is he will decide before Christmas. We should know pretty soon.

Mets as currently constructed are going to be really really bad. With the long term injuries to Mauricio and Peterson they are a worse team than they ended the year with and that was already a bad team.

Mets as currently constructed are going to be really really bad. With the long term injuries to Mauricio and Peterson they are a worse team than they ended the year with and that was already a bad team.

I think they over-achieved in 2022 and under-achieved in 2023. Maybe we can split the difference in 2024. I'm interested in seeing what happens with all the prospects we picked up in those painful trades.

I think they over-achieved in 2022 and under-achieved in 2023. Maybe we can split the difference in 2024. I'm interested in seeing what happens with all the prospects we picked up in those painful trades.
My understanding is there isn’t much help until 2nd half of season at the earliest. Maybe someone will play themselves onto the big league team in spring training. The biggest help would Baty playing up to his prospect pedigree. McNeil should be due for an up season given his up/down cycles. Pete is Pete. Biggest concern is zero pitching… like literally no pitchers who should be better than number 4 starters and the bullpen is probably worse than that. After the pitching the outfield needs a lot of help.

Last edited:

MSN
Mets Sign Son of Hall Of Fame Slugger Vladimir Guerrero

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online