2023 NY Mets thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

Alonso just signed with Scott Boras. The Mets should have extended when they had the chance.
Maybe. Eppler and Cohen get along well with Boras. They worked it out with Nimmo. If Pete wants to stay with the Mets, they will work it out for him too.

Pete hitting .220 scares me. and thats after being at 270ish for 1/3 of the season.

what if he is a .190 hitter who hits 30 HR going forward.. Do we pay Dave Kingman that kinda money?

The Stearns hiring is fascinating and encouraging. He succeeded in building a workable formula for keeping a small-market team competitive.

I guess the question is: Will Cohen have the patience for a rebuild if the results aren't there the first couple of years?

Eppler resigns hours after a report he backed Vogelbach on a dispute with Buck.

Probably not a coincidence.

Sounds like he has thin skin.

I am okay with this, even if it means we don’t get the great young Japanese pitcher this winter.

Eppler resigns hours after a report he backed Vogelbach on a dispute with Buck.

Probably not a coincidence.

Sounds like he has thin skin.

I am okay with this, even if it means we don’t get the great young Japanese pitcher this winter.
Whoa, Billy used the IL illegally? Even worse.

Looks like the Mets are taking a clean slate approach. Excited that this will be a new beginning and a return to excellent baseball. Let’s go Mets!

Pete hitting .220 scares me. and thats after being at 270ish for 1/3 of the season.

what if he is a .190 hitter who hits 30 HR going forward.. Do we pay Dave Kingman that kinda money?
They should try and include him in a package for Trout / Ohtani

Offseason outlook: New York Mets MSN

The Mets can look at the ALCS-bound Rangers for some offseason inspiration MSN

Mets owner to build new venue near Citi Field MSN

Well, Scherzer and Verlander were a gamble...

Scherzer vs. Verlander. They probably won face each other in the ALCS but at least they are in a championship series and the Mets aren't. Max wound up the regular season 13-6, Justin 13-7. Wouldn't we have found that acceptable if some had said that would be their records this year back in the spring.

Anyway, back to the future.

Mets release 6 players. This was done to open space on the 40 man roster for young players that need to be protected.

The Mets suddenly have a pretty good farm system and don’t want to lose some promising players.

Counsell is not available until the end of October. Guessing we will not hear anything on the new manager front until at least that point.

These are some of the players they are presumably going to protect….

Mets release 6 players. This was done to open space on the 40 man roster for young players that need to be protected.

The Mets suddenly have a pretty good farm system and don’t want to lose some promising players.

Counsell is not available until the end of October. Guessing we will not hear anything on the new manager front until at least that point.

These are some of the players they are presumably going to protect….

In the games I saw him in, Brandon McIlwain was a heck of a center fielder.

Last edited:
In the games I saw him in, Brandon McIlwain was a neck of a center fielder.
I was impressed too. Seems to keep improving as he moves up each level of the farm system.

Brandon was a terrific two sport star in HS and started 3 games at South Carolina at QB as a true frosh. Transferred to Cal, where he played a lot at QB but decided to focus on baseball. COVID screwed up his career and he fell to the Mets. I will be unhappy if we lose him in the Rule 5 draft.

I was impressed too. Seems to keep improving as he moves up each level of the farm system.

Brandon was a terrific two sport star in HS and started 3 games at South Carolina at QB as a true frosh. Transferred to Cal, where he played a lot at QB but decided to focus on baseball. COVID screwed up his career and he fell to the Mets. I will be unhappy if we lose him in the Rule 5 draft.

"COVID screwed up his career and he fell to the Mets."

LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom