2023 NY Mets thread | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Mets thread

"By the time the Mets take the field in a pair of split-squad games Saturday, 138 days will have passed since their season-ending loss to San Diego last October. It can feel like forever since then, since such a promising season was extinguished earlier than anyone expected. Because the context is important: The 138 days since that loss are still fewer than the 147 days the 2022 Mets spent in first place.

Over the last two years, in fact, no team in baseball has woken up more mornings atop its division. The Mets have spent 289 days in first place over the 2021 and 2022 seasons; those 289 days have not included the only two days that mattered."

:oops::confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Going to be an interesting year with the new rules. I feel like the Mets really did well with the shift last year. Bullpen if it stays healthy should he much improved. Hopefully Diaz has another really good year. Also hopefully the youngsters make a push.

"The Mets have been transparent about their proposed blueprint: Following the model set last decade by the Dodgers, New York is going to spend big in free agency in the short term until a revamped farm system is prepared to alleviate the need for external additions."

"The Mets have been transparent about their proposed blueprint: Following the model set last decade by the Dodgers, New York is going to spend big in free agency in the short term until a revamped farm system is prepared to alleviate the need for external additions."
That should be the blueprint for all large-market clubs.

Are there any Mets fans here who have YouTubeTV instead of a cable provider or FIOS? I am a FIOS user and am thinking of switching but don't know how I would access Mets games.

Are there any Mets fans here who have YouTubeTV instead of a cable provider or FIOS? I am a FIOS user and am thinking of switching but don't know how I would access Mets games.

I am not, but I believe that as of right now, youtube TV has dropped MLB.TV (YouTube TV is Losing MLB.TV Weeks After Losing The MLB Network | Cord Cutters News).

Do you live in an area where you would normally get Mets games? Or out of market? If you're in market, then I think you would still be able to watch them on SNY via Youtube TV, but i am not sure

I live in the Capital District and currently watch most games on SNY. Not sure if YouTubeTV carries SNY.
Looks like YouTubeTV is an option.

I think there are more options for cord cutters for Met fans than Yankee fans. Probably because the Yankees are trying to create their own streaming option.

I have YouTube TV and Mets games are never a problem as I get SNY. I’d think you would be fine in the Albany area.

Anyone had a chance to catch the spring games have any early takes? I have been too swamped to catch even one so far.

"I remain skeptical about...… the Mets’ willingness to turn over an everyday role to their young players. Yes, Billy Eppler has said publicly he was more aggressive in acquiring pitching than hitting this past winter because of the chance of internal help from the likes of Baty, Vientos and Francisco Álvarez. But the Mets also signed Narváez (which makes it tougher for Álvarez to get playing time), signed Tommy Pham (which makes it tougher for Vientos to get playing time), and tried to sign Carlos Correa (which would have made it tougher for Baty to get playing time).

So, even with what I mentioned above, I think it’s going to take more than a nice spring training for any of those guys to unseat those ahead of them on the depth chart. Baty probably has the best chance; Eduardo Escobar lost half the third-base job to lefty-swinging Luis Guillorme last year, and that can happen again, eventually. But I think it’s likelier that the Mets slow-play the changing of the guard at any of those positions, waiting until the team could use a spark and the door is being actively knocked down."

I am shamelessly trying to bring attention to the WBC thread.

There are several Mets' organization players in the World Baseball Classic.

MLB club-by-club breakdown of players in 2023 Classic

New York Mets: Pete Alonso, INF (USA), Jonathan Arauz, INF (PAN), Edwin Díaz, RHP (PUR), Eduardo Escobar, INF (VEN), Dominic Hamel, RHP (PUR), Elieser Hernandez, RHP (VEN -- DPP), Francisco Lindor, INF (PUR), Jeff McNeil, INF/OF (USA), Humberto Mejia, RHP (PAN), Omar Narváez, C (VEN), Camrin Opp, LHP (GBR), Adam Ottavino, RHP (USA), Brooks Raley, LHP (USA), Claudio Scotti, RHP (ITA). José Quintana, LHP (COL -- removed due to injury)

I am shamelessly trying to bring attention to the WBC thread.

There are several Mets' organization players in the World Baseball Classic.

MLB club-by-club breakdown of players in 2023 Classic

New York Mets: Pete Alonso, INF (USA), Jonathan Arauz, INF (PAN), Edwin Díaz, RHP (PUR), Eduardo Escobar, INF (VEN), Dominic Hamel, RHP (PUR), Elieser Hernandez, RHP (VEN -- DPP), Francisco Lindor, INF (PUR), Jeff McNeil, INF/OF (USA), Humberto Mejia, RHP (PAN), Omar Narváez, C (VEN), Camrin Opp, LHP (GBR), Adam Ottavino, RHP (USA), Brooks Raley, LHP (USA), Claudio Scotti, RHP (ITA). José Quintana, LHP (COL -- removed due to injury)

I hope they come back with a trophy and every muscle and joint fully intact.

KCUF!

He may well be the Mets' most indispensable player. The rest of the Mets' pen is--fine, but there aren't many shut-down closers around. On the plus side, it's better this happened before my fantasy draft...

I can’t believe as a grown man I still root for Syracuse, the Mets and the Jets. Even in years where they don’t suck they have most unbelievably crappy luck.
You and me both brother!

I do think if there ever is a zombie apocalypse, Mets fans will be the last survivors.

We have been conditioned to handle extreme adversity our entire lives.

Sutherland Kiefer GIF by ABC Network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom