NYSPHSAA Boys Finals
Sunday, June 11 at Hofstra
TimeGame
10:00 a.m.(3) Baldwinsville 9, (8) Farmingdale 5Class A
12:30 p.m.(8) Garden City 9, (5) Victor 8Class B
3:00 p.m.(8) Manhasset 14, (3) Jamesville-Dewitt 5Class C
5:30 p.m.(8) Cold Spring Hbr 12, (3) Marcellus 5Class D

Last edited:
It certainly looks like a bit of an edge for the LI schools having the playoffs at Hofstra with only one day in between.

Genny has been rough lately. It’s unfortunate but they do care about the program so hopefully a turnaround is coming. BVille and JD are carrying the Syracuse torch
If making the semis is “rough”, I’ll take it. Doesn’t help that they played the best team in the state in any class.

It certainly looks like a bit of an edge for the LI schools having the playoffs at Hofstra with only one day in between.
Back in the 80s and 90s state playoff games were played Tues/Thurs/Sat

The classification set up in lax makes the whole tourney seem odd.

The classification set up in lax makes the whole tourney seem odd.

Based on current enrollment.

At one time, J-D was Class B, and Victor spent 1-2 years as a Class A.

Boys Lacrosse
Class A: 1026+
Class B: 734-1025
Class C: 431-733
Class D: 430-below

congrats bees

victor been crazy sloppy. dropped and forced passes. at least 4 dropped on the virtual doorstep that were probable goals. they're still in it if they keep getting looks, but the nerves have been getting to them so far. a bunch of unnecessary slides led to several goals as well.

good broadcast for video. announcers are getting to me some.

congrats bees

victor been crazy sloppy. dropped and forced passes. at least 4 dropped on the virtual doorstep that were probable goals. they're still in it if they keep getting looks, but the nerves have been getting to them so far. a bunch of unnecessary slides led to several goals as well.

good broadcast for video. announcers are getting to me some.
Perhaps the travelling took some of the edge off Victor's game.

Garden City was the first team I’ve seen (didn’t see CH game) that was actually the better team on the field vs Victor. Tough way to end for these seniors. Can’t believe GC was able to easily nuetralize Gravino like that.

Garden City was the first team I’ve seen (didn’t see CH game) that was actually the better team on the field vs Victor. Tough way to end for these seniors. Can’t believe GC was able to easily nuetralize Gravino like that.
Victor quite often this year used Gravino as a decoy when he was guarded tight, in the semis he basically stayed out near mid-field much of the early part of the 1st guarter because they were guarding him tight, which opened the field up for others and allowed Victor to jump out to an early lead. He made several good passes against GC in front of the goal that were dropped or were mishandled which would have been potential goals early on. Those passes this year were usually goals, Victor wasn't sharp today.

Strange game, a turning point was a point blank shot by Victor that hit the post came straight back out and GC got a run out and easy goal, big turnaround and momentum changer. Also Victor coach didn't have his best defensemen on GC mid Finnell until after he scored 2 easy goals getting by his defender. After finally switching defenders they did a better job on Finnell. Teams quite often have focussed on stopping Gravino but Victor has other capable scorers which normally allows them to get good looks. Wasn't till the fourth quarter when they capitalized.

Last edited:
Every time I hear the name 'Carson Dyl' on the news, I think of this:

Why would you name your kid after a bad guy in a famous movie?

Travel didn’t do anything to Bville’s game.
And on top of that, I'm hearing it took B'ville 9 hours to get there on their charter.
Crazy how good the athletics are at Baldwinsville.
For real. My kids are in boys lax and girls volleyball. I know T&F took multiple state championships yesterday as well. Girls Bowling, softball, golf, girls lax, boys lax, girls volleyball, all sectional champs this year. I'm maybe missing some there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom