2023 PGA Tour | Syracusefan.com

2023 PGA Tour

TW -1 after one! Although first hole is so easy, I’m pretty sure even OrangeXtreme would birdie it.

Apparently he was limping hard last night after the pro-am. We’ll see how he does today

hey trackman says I shot +3 last night at St andrews so anything is possible. Even Birdied the road hole.

Watching Tiger, JT, and Rory finish strong today was so much fun! They were feeding off each other down the stretch.
Very much looking forward to seeing these guys up close and personal in Rochester in May.

If you care you probably already know, they are getting featured group coverage on ESPN+

One of the benefits of working at home

Watching Tiger, JT, and Rory finish strong today was so much fun! They were feeding off each other down the stretch.

Yep. Not a Tiger guy, but that 18th was pretty neat. :)

Tiger did well on the par 3 and 5s played the 4s not so well. Gonna be tough to make the cut

Very much looking forward to seeing these guys up close and personal in Rochester in May.
Just want to go on record and say that I've really enjoyed the elevated events the last two weeks. That said, I'm excited that the LIV guys will be playing in all four majors this year. Should be very interesting.

Just want to go on record and say that I've really enjoyed the elevated events the last two weeks. That said, I'm excited that the LIV guys will be playing in all four majors this year. Should be very interesting.

I understand that the USGA, the Masters committee, and the R&A function independently of the PGA, and do as they choose. Fair enough. But how is it the PGA itself is allowing LIV players? Or is it only those with current exemptions from previous major wins?

I understand that the USGA, the Masters committee, and the R&A function independently of the PGA, and do as they choose. Fair enough. But how is it the PGA itself is allowing LIV players? Or is it only those with current exemptions from previous major wins?
I'm guessing the PGA of America realizes that they don't have legal grounds to ban the LIV players if their prior victories fit into the qualification standards. It's not like a blank invitation.

Just to add to Clifton’s remarks, the PGA of America is a separate entity from the PGA tour.

So, all five parties march to their own tune. Once again, fair enough. And so, as cliftonparksufan stated, it will certainly be interesting. :)

Imagine the NFL and its owners owned the regular season (like they do)-- and all football media, coaches and players pushed getting to the playoffs and elevated the importance of winning in the playoffs above everything else (like they do) -- but then the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl were owned by totally separate entities. That is essence the business of golf.

LIV and the PGA tour exist and have the most events -- but they have no financial interest on golf's biggest and most important events - and they (the PGA) still let themselves promote them as being the most important.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the PGA of America realizes that they don't have legal grounds to ban the LIV players if their prior victories fit into the qualification standards. It's not like a blank invitation.

All the majors are being elevated because of the potential LIV-PGA player interaction - will likely help them financially.

They are unlike the PGA tour which is the party that can potentially suffer significant damages from the existence of LIV. We all know that there are arguably moral issues around LIV. PGA tour likes to play that card - but they are fighting legally because of the financials of it.

I always thought it was unrealistic to expect a group (Masters, R&A, USGA, PGA America) that is arguably actually benefiting from LIV for its major events, to fight expensive legal battles that are purely based in morals. Especially in the golf world which doesn't have the greatest past in doing the right thing.

They are indeed fun, but also at the expense of some formerly decent events. Tons of pros live in the Palm Beach area, sit of this week's Honda, and the field basically consists of Sung Jae Im (b/c all he does is play tournaments), Billy Horschel, and 154 grinders.

They are indeed fun, but also at the expense of some formerly decent events. Tons of pros live in the Palm Beach area, sit of this week's Honda, and the field basically consists of Sung Jae Im (b/c all he does is play tournaments), Billy Horschel, and 154 grinders.

Fortunately, I like Horschel. :)

Turning many events into the John Deere or the typical fall season events.

Think it was still the right decision by the PGA to go with this format, but it wasn't as you say without consequences.

Local kid Kevin Roy is in 20th currently! Huge day for him. He tees off at 11:50
Staying relatively dry in the Beartrap. Disappointed Shane Lowry gave back two big strokes yesterday. Good luck to Roy. He is in line for a nice paycheck if he can shoot another 66.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom