2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

If Perry develops like we think he will, it'll give Rocky some options to put up a 4 man front of true d-linemen vs the power running teams. This is something SU has missed over the years.

Kid is built like the DL version of Jarveon Howard, and has athleticism to boot.

Wouldn't remotely be surprised to see him prove capable of playing BOTH DE and DT, even as a true frosh.

This is the first year in many that i believe we have a solid two deep in almost every position. Keep Shrader healthy and we have a legitimate shot at beating every team we play. The D and Punter are that good that we are going to be hard to score on.
That's the key, make sure no one gets a clean shot at Shrader this year.
If he stays healthy, we could have a great year.

Kid is built like the DL version of Jarveon Howard, and has athleticism to boot.

Wouldn't remotely be surprised to see him prove capable of playing BOTH DE and DT, even as a true frosh.
george costanza seinfeld GIF

Gonna be fun to watch florida state crash and burn. the duke and bc love i don't get. I've seen it from more than once place.
Agreed...other than our out of conference games, I think BC is the easiest game on our schedule.

I'm curious to see how UNC looks the first four weeks. They have one of the best QBs in the country, but there are so many question marks on defense.

Dino gives Clemson fits again and has the horses to get over the hump, UNC isn't what they're expected to be, and there's enough depth to get us through November.

Why not us?
Very cool week 1 match up, UNC and SC. I will be watching

Man.

He's made intermittent highlight plays throughout his first two seasons.

But it looks like GS's assessment about Alford bringing it every play / every throw has merit. Kid is going too have a big year.

If Perry develops like we think he will, it'll give Rocky some options to put up a 4 man front of true d-linemen vs the power running teams. This is something SU has missed over the years.
I think we will see 4 man fronts fairly often even if Perry is not used.

Maybe the first test but we'll see how well the O-Line is developing vs the first 3 games. If those teams are making penetration behind scrimmage or Allen is struggling more often than we'd like to see Purdue will certainly be a huge test.

In other words, Allen should have holes to run through and Shrader should have time to look at multiple receivers and if both of those don't happen at a high rate, there may be some serious problems as the schedule gets more difficult.
Purdue did a bunch to fix their D issues.. not so much on offense.. by game 3 both teams will know who they are.

Purdue did a bunch to fix their D issues.. not so much on offense.. by game 3 both teams will know who they are.
Agreed about Purdue. There new head coach was the defensive coordinator last year that turned Illinois defense around from an on overall #75 ranking to a #3 ranking in just one season.

Like Illinois in 2022 they will run a 3–4-4 that is more like a 5-2-4. Lots of big athletes. The 3 DL will likely all be 290-300 and the 2 OLB are like 260 and 280.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom