2023 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Not directed towards me, but every time someone mentions Emily, there's a lot of veiled comments about her football knowledge and reporting that no other male reporter got on this site.

agreed

Not directed towards me, but every time someone mentions Emily, there's a lot of veiled comments about her football knowledge and reporting that no other male reporter got on this site.
Not true. Brent got lots of veiled comments about his football knowledge and reporting. So didn't Stephen Bailey.

Everyone would say they're no Webb or Rahme

Really sounds like Alford is WR2…but there are others who can step up. That interview with Damien was really the first time I’ve heard him be interviewed. He sounds like a great kid and really hope he can have a fantastic season.. we need more Canadians, they have a different perspective of the game than American kids I think. Or at least it seems that way.

Not true. Brent got lots of veiled comments about his football knowledge and reporting. So didn't Stephen Bailey.

Everyone would say they're no Webb or Rahme
They weren't veiled at all. It's not a secret Brent doesn't have the football knowledge of a beat reporter.

People took unnecessary shots at Bailey all the time too. But nowhere near as dismissive as they are of Emily's reporting.

They weren't veiled at all. It's not a secret Brent doesn't have the football knowledge of a beat reporter.

People took unnecessary shots at Bailey all the time too. But nowhere near as dismissive as they are of Emily's reporting.
Not defending her or those who take the shots, but she didn't endear herself to people when she mentioned something about Missouri Tigers instead of Cuse

Silly, yes, but something that got some people rubbed wrong and riled

I never got that impression. I thought people (myself included) didn’t like to sift through all the non-SU, non-sports stuff on her social media feed.

I think generally people here appreciate good reporting, regardless of demographics. Donna Ditota never gets any crap…because she’s damn good at what she does.

I also think our fan base appreciates Beth mowins and Doris Burke.

Emily took crap for sure, but I never felt it was because she’s a woman.

If anything, it’s because all she talked about in the beginning was Mizzou related.

That’s stopped, and she’s provided more content recently, but it still feels like the content level has dropped considerably since Bailey left.

Quality is really the issue as there’s only so much you can do with the restrictive access.

Emily is a good journo...and if you get that reference, you know we give the male reporters a lot of crap as well. I for one was always a big fan of Bud's repeated idiotic calls for disbanding the football program.

Emily is a good journo...and if you get that reference, you know we give the male reporters a lot of crap as well. I for one was always a big fan of Bud's repeated idiotic calls for disbanding the football program.
Bud was the only one who ever annoyed me because he used to take shots at SU as an academic institution too.

The OL in the clip is Petry, Reed, Bradford, Bleich and Cruz

Jones is a WR and Alford is a WR

...and Wilson is the QB.
Really looks like Reed has taken over at center. There is at least one pic where it looks like Wohlabaugh is also working with the first team.

More has disappeared. Guessing he might be banged up. Looks like Ellis also remains banged up.

Petry finally added some weight over the summer. Looks like he worked his butt off in the weight room and it might be paying off.

Really looks like Reed has taken over at center. There is at least one pic where it looks like Wohlabaugh is also working with the first team.

More has disappeared. Guessing he might be banged up. Looks like Ellis also remains banged up.

Petry finally added some weight over the summer. Looks like he worked his butt off in the weight room and it might be paying off.
Maybe the first-team OL will be Cruz-Bleich-Reed-Bradford-Wohlabaugh? That's something to work with I think.

Petry size wise has not looked out of place.

I think More was in social media picture yesterday. Standing between Shrader/Cruz and Wohlabaugh in huddle.

Last edited:
Alford looks like he is in awesome shape. He is cut buffed right out there. 6"-6" and 225 lbs. and all muscle. He should have a monster year. Along with I. Jones and OGII I would say that there should be enough balls to open up a air attack.

He was in great shape last year. He had every opportunity last year to be a really important #2 guy. Even the coaching staff said someone needed to step up in the receiving corps. I said before the season started last year he was a potential NFL pick. It’s also possible he mentally doesn’t have what the top guys have. We’ll see this year. It’s just as likely he doesn’t really show up consistently as he shines. But making two catches a game isn’t showing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom