Women's Lacrosse - 2023 Recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2023 Recruiting

noticed that the other day... was like what is this? upstate Rochester or upstate in general? its was mainly Rochester girls for the 2022 team but I think its evened out for 2023 and 2024 (half Rochester area and half Syracuse area) for those teams. I think its because the coaches for those teams are Rochester based.
This was the first year of the event and was created to replace Under Armour for girls. Each region was sponsored by the top club in the area so Upstate NY was sponsored by Monster which is based in Rochester. Long Island was sponsored by LI Yellow Jackets etc.. If you look at the roster I think all of the 23 Upstate team is already committed & mostly to top programs.

** The 24 we want is Devin from Victor

This was the first year of the event and was created to replace Under Armour for girls. Each region was sponsored by the top club in the area so Upstate NY was sponsored by Monster which is based in Rochester. Long Island was sponsored by LI Yellow Jackets etc.. If you look at the roster I think all of the 23 Upstate team is already committed & mostly to top programs.

** The 24 we want is Devin from Victor
Thanks for explaining, Jack! I had no idea that this was created to replace Under Armour, but this makes a lot of sense. I agree on Livingston as someone we should be going after for the '24 class. Good off the draw, quick in transition and can finish in tight spaces. She will be a good one. I wonder if Emily Hawryschuk can put in a good word or two for us haha

Thanks for explaining, Jack! I had no idea that this was created to replace Under Armour, but this makes a lot of sense. I agree on Livingston as someone we should be going after for the '24 class. Good off the draw, quick in transition and can finish in tight spaces. She will be a good one. I wonder if Emily Hawryschuk can put in a good word or two for us haha
American Select is backed by all the top girls clubs so they sent all their girls to tryout for American Select this year instead of Under Armour since the tournaments were held the same weekend. All the 23 & 24 girls who made Under Armour last year went to American select this year

Last edited:
BEC74999-577F-4638-966E-37C277A4E3C3.jpeg

Top Defender: Kaci Benoit | Darien (Conn.) | CT Grizzlies — Syracuse​

Benoit wreaked havoc on the defensive end for the Stars last Sunday. She caused multiple turnovers and was a big contributor to starting offensive transition for her team. In transition, the Syracuse commit was reliable getting the ball into the offensive third either by using her legs or passing the ball up field. Under pressure, she showed poise and good decision making.

Really wish these games were streamed so I could get a preview at how well the '23 commits meshed together against some of the other top talent in this class. Judging by the standings over the weekend, the chemistry isn't there yet which is to be expected as none of them have played together before, but I still really like this class top to bottom.

Chloe Humphrey (UNC commit and #1 overall recruit in the class) seemed to impress Alyssa Murray-Cometti at the attack position. She is a very fine player-- but I still would take the absolute assassin that is Ashlee Volpe over Chloe Humphrey any day of the week and again on Sundays. I don't know what Ashlee's ranking is in the '23 class but her upside is ridiculous, especially once she's learning from Kayla and Kenzie; she's bound to do some major damage here.

Last edited:

Top Defender: Kaci Benoit | Darien (Conn.) | CT Grizzlies — Syracuse​

Benoit wreaked havoc on the defensive end for the Stars last Sunday. She caused multiple turnovers and was a big contributor to starting offensive transition for her team. In transition, the Syracuse commit was reliable getting the ball into the offensive third either by using her legs or passing the ball up field. Under pressure, she showed poise and good decision making.

Really wish these games were streamed so I could get a preview at how well the '23 commits meshed together against some of the other top talent in this class. Judging by the standings over the weekend, the chemistry isn't there yet which is to be expected as none of them have played together before, but I still really like this class top to bottom.

Chloe Humphrey (UNC commit and #1 overall recruit in the class) seemed to impress Alyssa Murray-Cometti at the attack position. She is a very fine player-- but I still would take the absolute assassin that is Ashlee Volpe over Chloe Humphrey any day of the week and again on Sundays. I don't know what Ashlee's ranking is in the '23 class but her upside is ridiculous, especially once she's learning from Kayla and Kenzie; she's bound to do some major damage here.
I do like Chloe from what i've seen at the summer tournaments she is a great player. I think Ashlee's ranking probably was affected by her injury imo

ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM: ATTACK​

Ashlee Volpe | Corning-Painted Post (N.Y.) | Monster EliteSyracuse
Volpe is a shifty and creative player that reminds me of a young Katrina Dowd. The way she plays is so different than anyone I've seen in this class and it is fun to watch. She never shies away from a trick shot or doing something creative to get the ball in the back of the net.

ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM: DEFENSE​

Kaci Benoit | Darien (Conn.) | CT Grizzlies — Syracuse

NamePosCommitmentHigh School
Ashlee VolpeASyracuseCorning Painted Post High School
Watched her play the other day & she was impressive. . She wears a brace on her knee now but imo looks better than ever. I think her ranking may be too low

Watching Baldwinsville on the State finals. Carly DeSimone has a goal in the first half.. announcer says she has 42 asst this year.. she’s really impressive… she’s got a teammate Brianne Peters who I believe is ‘24 and she has a hat trick.. hope Kayla is checking her out

Watching Baldwinsville on the State finals. Carly DeSimone has a goal in the first half.. announcer says she has 42 asst this year.. she’s really impressive… she’s got a teammate Brianne Peters who I believe is ‘24 and she has a hat trick.. hope Kayla is checking her out
I got her Peters stats wrong in first half.. 4g/3a

Baldwinsville wins the title
Carly finished with 4 g giving her 69/45 on the year…very impressive
Peters finished the game with 5g/4a..46/10 for the year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online