2023 Roster Is Up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Roster Is Up

Need to go get two or three factory rs-soph and jrs that have been recruited over or high end jucos. Sell them that they are likely to be on the two deep immediately with path to start

Need at a minimum 10 game ready ACC level guys.

Last edited:
Hayes graduated. He's attending Pro Day next week.

Barclay might have been an injury retirement.
Reed is a clearinghouse issue. But Rice is also a JUCO and not listed (?). Also, since Cahoon and GIll are not listed, it looks like this [edit] roster doesn't include July arrivals.

Last edited:
Reed is a clearinghouse issue. But Rice is also a JUCO and not listed (?). Also, since Cahoon and GIll are not listed, it looks like this "fall" roster doesn't include July arrivals.

This is the Spring roster.

There are a dozen more freshmen/transfers not listed who won't be joining the team until August.

This is the Spring roster.

There are a dozen more freshmen/transfers not listed who won't be joining the team until August.
So how many scholarships do we have left for 23?

I didn’t realize Morgan made the decision to go. It’s too bad, but I don’t think he would have played at QB. Possibly if had switched positions. Still he got some time on the field, and an opportunity. Best of luck to him.

So just like that we're down to 3 scholarship QBs. 1 has his arm in traction, 1 is coming off an ACL tear and hasn't played in a year.

So just like that we're down to 3 scholarship QBs. 1 has his arm in traction, 1 is coming off an ACL tear and hasn't played in a year.
Yes. But 3 guys with good skills and potential. And it sounds like Lamson is 100% now. For spring practice its not optimal though as Shrader won't be throwing. McPhail as a walk on looks solid so I guess it will be just Lamson, Del-Rio Wilson and McPhail rotating through. Seems like 4 QB's would be best for the drills but it is what it is.

We should be able to reel in at least one verty solid freshman QB in the 2024 class with just 3 QB's on the roster right now and none that were 2022 and 2023 class recruits. And our Senior starter will be departing.

Last edited:
Yes. But 3 guys with good skills and potential. And it sounds like Lamson is 100% now. For spring practice its not optimal though as Shrader won't be throwing. McPhail as a walk on looks solid so I guess it will be just Lamson, Del-Rio Wilson and McPhail rotating through. Seems like 4 QB's would be best for the drills but it is what it is.

We should be able to reel in at least one verty solid freshman QB in the 2024 class with just 3 QB's on the roster right now and none that were 2022 and 2023 class recruits. And our Senior starting will be departing.
Need a kid positioned like CDRW was last year to come for august, and one or two this next recruiting cycle.

Need a kid positioned like CDRW was last year to come for august, and one or two this next recruiting cycle.
I don't know. We should have 3 scholly QB's and a walk on for the 2023 season. Is that not enough for 2023? I certainly don't think we will be able to bring in a high upside QB this summer with the QB situation we are in. I think we are better served trying to bring in 2 freshman QB's in 2024. Should be able to get solid potential there. If we bring in another QB piece this summer that just seems to make it that much more difficult to sign better 2024 QB's.

can they even run the WR drills with only 4 QBs thats a lot of throwing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom