2023 Schedule Guesses | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule Guesses

Vermont will be an interesting season opener. Cuse has more talent but...Tommy Burke is a great fogo and could dominate big time against our inexperienced fogos. Will be a test for the Cuse defense and goalie. Offense should do well (provided they get enough possessions) and Vermont will not have Ryan Cornell in goal who graduated last year after a strong season.
Yeah if it's a close game then this team has a lot of work to do. Vermont is a solid team but not a top team at all. If SU beats em good then it could be a good season.

5. Hofstra vs. Syracuse​

Shuart Stadium

️ March 14

These two teams haven’t played since 2003. Gary Gait transformed ‘Cuse’s roster in the offseason. The Orange saw their top-four point scorers graduate or exit via the Transfer Portal, led by Tucker Dordevic (Georgetown). Gait brought in IL’s top recruiting class led by attackman and the Class of 2022’s top player Joey Spallina. They also added Alex Simmons (Denver), Cole Kirst (Lehigh) and former LIU standouts Will Mark and Jack Murphy at goalie at SSDM, respectively. The Pride will be led by Gerard Kane and Rory Jones. Hofstra’s staff has put out some great drill-of-the-week videos this offseason.

9. Princeton vs. Syracuse​

Class of 1952 Stadium

️ April 8

Princeton was left out of the Ivy League tournament in 2022, despite being at the top of the league for most of the season. Matt Madalon and the Tigers regrouped and surged to Memorial Day Weekend before falling to the Terps in the semifinals. The Tigers return a deeply talented roster with six of their top seven goal scorers returning. They will play the Orange for the first time since 2013. Syracuse leads the all-time series 20-9. This game slots right in the middle of ACC play for Syracuse and starts a four-game road trip to end the season. There is so much history set for this matchup — one of the greatest rivalries in the sport. Princeton and Syracuse have played in four NCAA championship games, splitting them (Tigers in 1992 and 2001; Syracuse in 2000 and 2002). The two teams won every NCAA title from 1992 through 2004 except in 1999 and 2003.

No time given for the Michigan scrimmage this weekend (though it is listed). Anyone know?

SU usually likes to scrimmage early, I suspect its probably a nooner or maybe even 11am.

definitely not realistic to rest all starters but if hiltz in particular plays more than a quarter it's malpractice. get his feet wet and then pull him

depth guys should have an opportunity to play against albany and holy cross

Play backups only don't risk injury
Idk these guys gotta get ready. They have only been back practicing for two weeks. I get the scare of injuries especially after Hitlz last yr but u can't worry about that. Gotta get them work together especially it's such a new team. Most of these guys haven't played in games together. Last u want is them not comfortable with eachother and play sloppy vs Vermont. Possibly blow a winnable game. I think they need to play and be ready to roll next week.

Idk these guys gotta get ready. They have only been back practicing for two weeks. I get the scare of injuries especially after Hitlz last yr but u can't worry about that. Gotta get them work together especially it's such a new team. Most of these guys haven't played in games together. Last u want is them not comfortable with eachother and play sloppy vs Vermont. Possibly blow a winnable game. I think they need to play and be ready to roll next week.
Nothing compares to real live game action. Look at Jacksonville they didn't have any scrimmages in the fall and after 1 week of practice they lost to a D 3 school. If they played a few games they probably blow that team out. I rather them play a lot tomo and be ready to go next week.

definitely not realistic to rest all starters but if hiltz in particular plays more than a quarter it's malpractice. get his feet wet and then pull him

depth guys should have an opportunity to play against albany and holy cross

I think Hiltz playing a quarter and a half or the first half makes sense. Clearly he needs to be monitored and playing most of the game is nuts but he also needs to shake the rust.

I think Hiltz playing a quarter and a half or the first half makes sense. Clearly he needs to be monitored and playing most of the game is nuts but he also needs to shake the rust.
Yeah play the ones for a half this way they get some good work together. That should be plenty to shake off the rust and guys get comfortable with eachother. Like I said earlier this is a new team. A lot of new guys and even the guys who have been here haven't played in any games with them. They need a good half of live game action together. Next week they come out and put it on Vermont. Lol

He did plenty of rust shaking playing for team Canada this fall, as well as OJLL in the summer. But since all three starting attack have never played together they will need every opportunity to further develop chemistry.

Right. Gotta be careful putting the governor on him or anyone else though. Playing or practicing with hesitation from either the coaches or players doesnt get you very far. The old Navy seal saying, "you don't rise to the occasion, but rather fall to the level of your training."

He played. Was off cage but I’m sure he got that straight.
thanks. then my guess you see him well into the 2nd half unless they completely flip last year's script very early. time to get ready for the season.

The old Navy seal saying, "you don't rise to the occasion, but rather fall to the level of your training."

Scared money don’t make money. This team hasn’t really played together as a team all that much. On offense, Cordes played with Cook before he was injured and Birtwistle after he came back from injury. I believe that is pretty much the only overlap of any offensive player actually playing together last season. And I’m not even sure how much Cordes or Cook will play this season. They absolutely need game time and cohesion and all that. If you aren’t going to play your starters then why even schedule the scrimmage?

Both
Feb 18 Syracuse at Maryland, 1pm
Mar 4 Notre Dame at Maryland, 1 pm
are listed on UMd's schedule as being on BTN+

BTN+ is $9.95 just to watch the Terp games for a month, so if you signed up right before the Syracuse game, you would also get the ND game.

BTN+ is $14.95 to watch all the Big Ten for a month. Another ACC game on BTN+ is
Feb 25 UVa vs OSU at 7pm from Florida

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom