2023 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Looks like the tweet was deleted. Strange.

Last year, the ACC schedule was announced on Monday January 31st and it was the subject of a 2 hour show on the ACCN. I expect the same thing will happen this season.

If history means anything, we will play Pitt and BC at home late in the season. Probably will end the schedule against BC.

And we will play FSU early. Meaning before November (would love to play them in Tallahassee in mid or late November).

I expect we will play Clemson at home relatively early. Early October probably. Would not be surprised if they move the Syracuse-Clemson game to September 2nd and move the Colgate game to another month.

Chris, are you ready to reveal your complete ACC schedule? Your models have been consistently very good in past years...

Date Opponent Time/TV Comments
Saturday, September 2nd COLGATE
Saturday, September 9th WESTERN MICHIGAN
Saturday, September 16th at Purdue
Saturday, September 23rd ARMY
TBD at Georgia Tech
TBD at Florida State
TBD WAKE FOREST
TBD CLEMSON
TBD at Virginia Tech
TBD at North Carolina
TBD PITTSBURGH
TBD BOSTON COLLEGE

No way we should win less then 7 games no matter the schedule order. Only sure loss I see is FSU, with Clemson and NC being likely losses.

Looks like the tweet was deleted. Strange.

Last year, the ACC schedule was announced on Monday January 31st and it was the subject of a 2 hour show on the ACCN. I expect the same thing will happen this season.

If history means anything, we will play Pitt and BC at home late in the season. Probably will end the schedule against BC.

And we will play FSU early. Meaning before November (would love to play them in Tallahassee in mid or late November).

I expect we will play Clemson at home relatively early. Early October probably. Would not be surprised if they move the Syracuse-Clemson game to September 2nd and move the Colgate game to another month.

Chris, are you ready to reveal your complete ACC schedule? Your models have been consistently very good in past years...

Date Opponent Time/TV Comments
Saturday, September 2ndCOLGATE
Saturday, September 9thWESTERN MICHIGAN
Saturday, September 16that Purdue
Saturday, September 23rdARMY
TBDat Georgia Tech
TBDat Florida State
TBDWAKE FOREST
TBDCLEMSON
TBDat Virginia Tech
TBDat North Carolina
TBDPITTSBURGH
TBDBOSTON COLLEGE
I think i'd rather play any good teams as early as possible. Seems like any games at the end of the year we are more likely to lose because of injuries and depth issues. That seems to be the trend anyway.

No way we should win less then 7 games no matter the schedule order. Only sure loss I see is FSU, with Clemson and NC being likely losses.
Pitt, now with Jurkovec at QB, is probably an L considering the last decade.

UNC according to ESPN. In fact if you throw in Pitt (just missing the cut) we get the top four.

Yup. I think every early top 25 I have seen has FSU first and Clemson second in the ACC. UNC was usually third.

It appears we got FSU as our third annual rival just as they passed Clemson as the best program in the conference.

UNC according to ESPN. In fact if you throw in Pitt (just missing the cut) we get the top four.

We're always going to be playing 2-3 of the conferences top teams. Just the nature of the beast. In 2024 we'll have FSU and some combo of the other teams. I'm sure 1-2 of those will be top 25 as well.

Give us Clemson week 5 so we have a real shot at hosting Gameday. As we deserve.

Give us Clemson week 5 so we have a real shot at hosting Gameday. As we deserve.
I'd rather Clemson and FSU at the end of November. Those games punish us physically. Those 2 games are also likely Ls. I'll take the thrill of starting hot like we did this year and hoping we can catch a few breaks along the way.

yes my schedule is ready to be revealed. The entire thing is attached. Here is the short version:
9/2 Colgate
9/9 WMU
9/16 @ Purdue
9/23 Army
9/30 @ FSU
10/7-BYE
10/13 or 10/14 Clemson
10/21 Wake Forest
10/28 @ Georgia Tech
11/4 Pittsburgh
11/11 @ UNC
11/18- @ Virginia Tech
11/25- BC

Attachments

• ACC 2023 schedule stuff.pdf
    158.6 KB · Views: 65
I'd rather Clemson and FSU at the end of November. Those games punish us physically. Those 2 games are also likely Ls. I'll take the thrill of starting hot like we did this year and hoping we can catch a few breaks along the way.
not possible with there yearly sec games

The 2023 ACC football schedule will be unveiled live during a two-hour special ACC Huddle: 2023 Football Schedule Reveal on Monday, Jan. 30, in primetime at 7 p.m. ET, exclusively on ACC Network.

Clemson has non-conference dates scheduled with Charleston Southern (home; Sept. 9), Florida Atlantic (home; Sept. 16), Notre Dame (home; Nov. 4) and South Carolina (road; Nov. 25).

Games to be slotted, including the season opener, include home dates with Florida State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest and UNC and road matchups with Duke, NC State, Syracuse and Miami. It will be the first season without divisions, where the top-2 finishers in conference play will meet in Charlotte's ACC Championship Game.

Jordan Cornette will host the two-hour special and will be joined by Eric Mac Lain, EJ Manuel and Mark Richt on January 30 as they reveal each team’s full 2023 schedule along with key matchups and weeks.

Ding, dong, divisions are dead!

So happy.

When I look at tomcat's post and don't see Louisville, I can't help but to smile.

Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, glorious. Not necessarily because of whether I think we'll win or lose, but because I love seeing that variety.

yes my schedule is ready to be revealed. The entire thing is attached. Here is the short version:
9/2 Colgate
9/9 WMU
9/16 @ Purdue
9/23 Army
9/30 @ FSU
10/7-BYE
10/13 or 10/14 Clemson
10/21 Wake Forest
10/28 @ Georgia Tech
11/4 Pittsburgh
11/11 @ UNC
11/18- @ Virginia Tech
11/25- BC
I like it

9/2 Colgate
9/9 WMU
9/16 @ Purdue
9/23 Army
9/30 @ FSU
10/7-BYE
10/13 or 10/14 Clemson
10/21 Wake Forest
10/28 @ Georgia Tech
11/4 Pittsburgh
11/11 @ UNC
11/18- @ Virginia Tech
11/25- BC
Looks accurate to me. Nice work Chris.

Hate going to NC that late each year. It makes the golf less enjoyable. Temps usually around 45 or so. Some flights from Syracuse end around the end of October.

Clemson is surely going to play at least one conference game early. It would be an unfair and mean spirited move to have Syracuse open with a conference game at home two years in a row. There is no way that should ever happen. It better not.

Clemson is surely going to play at least one conference game early. It would be an unfair and mean spirited move to have Syracuse open with a conference game at home two years in a row. There is no way that should ever happen. It better not.

Yes, but it was also our best game of the year. Might as well play one when we know everyone is healthy.

thanks guys. Yea I don't see us opening vs clemson or having to move the colgate game as there are enough teams to play conference games as is. Deciding on bye weeks is the hardest thing as espn will schedule bye weeks to play thursday or friday night games the week later

Yes, but it was also our best game of the year. Might as well play one when we know everyone is healthy.
we are undersized, will never be fully healthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom