2023 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Looks like the tweet was deleted. Strange.

Last year, the ACC schedule was announced on Monday January 31st and it was the subject of a 2 hour show on the ACCN. I expect the same thing will happen this season.

If history means anything, we will play Pitt and BC at home late in the season. Probably will end the schedule against BC.

And we will play FSU early. Meaning before November (would love to play them in Tallahassee in mid or late November).

I expect we will play Clemson at home relatively early. Early October probably. Would not be surprised if they move the Syracuse-Clemson game to September 2nd and move the Colgate game to another month.

Chris, are you ready to reveal your complete ACC schedule? Your models have been consistently very good in past years...

Date Opponent Time/TV Comments
Saturday, September 2ndCOLGATE
Saturday, September 9thWESTERN MICHIGAN
Saturday, September 16that Purdue
Saturday, September 23rdARMY
TBDat Georgia Tech
TBDat Florida State
TBDWAKE FOREST
TBDCLEMSON
TBDat Virginia Tech
TBDat North Carolina
TBDPITTSBURGH
TBDBOSTON COLLEGE
Need to be 4-0 . No worst 3-1

yes my schedule is ready to be revealed. The entire thing is attached. Here is the short version:
9/2 Colgate
9/9 WMU
9/16 @ Purdue
9/23 Army
9/30 @ FSU
10/7-BYE
10/13 or 10/14 Clemson
10/21 Wake Forest
10/28 @ Georgia Tech
11/4 Pittsburgh
11/11 @ UNC
11/18- @ Virginia Tech
11/25- BC
I see 11-1. Only loss is at home to Wake without Hartman after we upset Clemson and @FSU in back to back games.

I'm most likely coming for the 1st 2 games. No reason to come later in the season. Come for the warm games, and still to escape the heat in AZ. No more SU obligations to determine when I can come.
Dont miss Army whenever it is. The academies are what college football is all about. Wish we played Army or Navy annually

Dont miss Army whenever it is. The academies are what college football is all about. Wish we played Army or Navy annually
As long as Navy is in the AAC...never going to happen.

Army as an Indy is much more likely.

We'll see how we feel about an annual Army game in another 5 years.

Personally I'm cool with playing them often but maybe 4-6 times a decade.

I'd even be cool with an extra game in Yankee Stadium once a decade in years we have at least 6 home games at the Dome.

Last edited:
With the new scheduling format is it possible that Clemson will not be on our 2023 home schedule? Reading the press release it sounds like BC, Pitt, and FSU are the only ACC teams we will definitely play next season.

With the new scheduling format is it possible that Clemson will not be on our 2023 home schedule? Reading the press release it sounds like BC, Pitt, and FSU are the only ACC teams we will definitely play next season.

Sept. 2 vs. Colgate
Sept. 9 vs. Western Michigan
Sept. 16 at Purdue
Sept. 23 vs. Army West Point

ACC home games: Boston College, Clemson, Pitt, Wake Forest
ACC away games: Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Virginia Tech

No, thank you. I love the academies, but would to not play them.

I would prefer to play non-conference games against teams that a win would help us to become bowl eligible and/or in recruiting. We don’t recruit against the academies so there’s no advantage there. If we win, we we supposed to win. If we lose it’s an upset Competitively the academies are difficult to prepare for because their schemes are different than most teams we will play.

Just my opinion l, but I’d play teams that give us exposure to recruits. To do that you need to play schools you recruit against (Rutgers), that are located in areas where you recruit (U Conn) or put you on a national stage (Tennessee in 2025).

Just my opinion.

SUDad: 4-6 total games a decade isn't that much.

West Point games are pretty easy to drive to from CNY. It is also very close to tri-state fans and alumni.

This is the official breakout of ACC games the next three years.

I'd even be cool with an extra game in Yankee Stadium once a decade in years we have at least 6 home games.

Please, no more Yankee Stadium games

I'd even be cool with an extra game in Yankee Stadium once a decade in years we have at least 6 home games.
It's the pageantry and as far as away venues go West Point is pretty hard to beat.

Agree , and disagree, seats for football do suck , but I have had great times going into. NY and Yankee Stadium all three Pinstripe Bowls .
Say you have a 5 game series with Army

2 at the Dome
2 at Michie
1 at YS

A fan in Upstate NY could easily make 4 of the 5 games. And treat a game in early November at YS as a special event.

The turf situation situation needs to be figured out. I was appalled at how bad it looked on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom